One thing that annoyed me in "The Muppets"

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Guess they wanted something that rhymed with Gary. Because ya know the more the "MARYIER." :embarrassed: But in all seriousness at least for me they were just there. I mean I understand why they were in this particular movie however once they met up with Kermit I just sort of forgot about them until Gary forgets their anniversary dinner of course. *shrugs*

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, I think that was Segel's and Stoller's (and Bobin's) intent. Have Segel and Adams be the opening act, but not forget that it's a Muppet movie. Also, I think the fact that Adams' character is called "Mary" is meant to be a joke. Gary and Mary go together (figuratively and literally). Walter doesn't rhyme with either one. It's more of a Muppet name.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Only thing that annoyed me was that they couldn't find the extra minute to add the full version of the Tex Richman villain song. They cut out all the best parts of it. Not even just his motive. It's such a great song if listened to the full way, but it becomes almost a Big Lipped Alligator Moment without that extra verse.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Not to mention more of Walter's whistling (we get, what, one scene of that before his big finale?)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The fact that we saw them on Dancing With the (Fake) Stars before the movie came out, doing the finale, including Walter's whistling, was essentially a spoiler as to what he eventually discovered his talent was.

Hubert

Reaction score
Might I note that the whistling thing just didn't work for me? I understand that they needed a talent for him to have, but whistling? I was basically bored through the whole whistling spot he did. And they basically ruined the chances of there being any more appearances with him where he whistles in a show or something...I mean, how many times can a character whistle before it gets old?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Maybe in the new film he'll discover he has a new talent? Like tap dancing. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You'd be surprised how much people like us take whistling for granted, Hubert... some people out there never can learn to do it.

Sure, almost anyone can simply whistle, but how many people can really whistle a complete song like that? In a sense, whistling is almost kind of like singing, and trust me, I doubt many people can whistle in some of the ways Walter was.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I personally loved the whistling number I thought it was very moving...but that's just me. I don't know if I'd call this an annoynace but I wish when Mary and Piggy did their duet of "Me Party" that they were actually singing it together in the same place. It would've been great for them to interact more considering they were both having trouble with the men in their life.

Hubert

Reaction score
You'd be surprised how much people like us take whistling for granted, Hubert... some people out there never can learn to do it.

Sure, almost anyone can simply whistle, but how many people can really whistle a complete song like that? In a sense, whistling is almost kind of like singing, and trust me, I doubt many people can whistle in some of the ways Walter was.
You're not getting what I was saying...I know people can't whistle. I'm one of them. I can't whistle for the life of me. I'm not saying that Walter's talent wasn't a talent. It was. I know that. I'm getting at the fact that I think that whistling was a poor choice of a talent for them to give Walter, as he can't really take it too far in any future appearances he might make. One can only take so much whistling before it gets to "Oh gee, yet another whistling spot?"