One Way Street custom puppets

trooper_trent

Reaction score
Iron-Fan said:
Has anyone bought any of the one way street custom puppets?
http://www2.mailordercentral.com/oneway/

$400 is quite pricey but they look good in the pictures...just wondered if they are as nice in the flesh...or fleece so to speak..... :wink:
try www.puppetproductions.com THey are a Dallas based company. These are the puppets my church uses. They are very high quality and do customs. Im pretty sure they arent 400 dollars.
Good luck
Trent

Jinx

Reaction score
While I have never seen one of the "One Way Street" custom puppets, I have heard from several people who have owned/used them that they are the best puppets that they have ever had. And certainly worth the price.

One of my friends has a lot of Puppet Productions puppets, which I have used, and they are very good as well. Not of the same caliber of the OWS customs, but they certainly are serviceable for most peoples' uses.

The old saying, "you get what you pay for" does have some merit. I suppose that, generally speaking, I would clissify the OWS customs as a "high-end" and puppet prod. as mid-range. Well above entry-level, to be sure.

ddavisborg

Reaction score
I haven't worked with the custom puppet but I do have 2 of the OWS black light puppets (full size). They are really nice puppets of good quality. We payed $150 each for them.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I haven't personally worked with any of these (although I've heard complaints about OWS and only good things about Puppet Productions) but I just thought I would point out that $400 is not in fact expensive for a puppet. It's relatively cheap. Slip your hand in to a $2,000 (or $5,000) puppet and see what the difference is. Jinx is right, you really do get what you pay for.

I'm not trying to knock cheaper puppets - a lot of people can barely afford $150 for a puppet - just providing a little perspective.

Iron-Fan

Reaction score
$5000 eh..... better tell my wife were not going on vacation this year!

Show and Tell

Reaction score
I have heard complaints about OWS's "rod arm" collection before, saying that they are somewhat cone head shaped and lacking much attention in their construction, but never have I heard a complaint about their "custom characters". Now I know I must not have lived since I have not ever seen a 5k puppet before unless you are refering to a full body puppet or puppet costume. Even the most incredble looking one man puppet I've seen costs about $800 unless you buy the rights to it. Then I can see 5k or even higher.

trooper_trent

Reaction score
Puppet_Builder said:
I have heard complaints about OWS's "rod arm" collection before, saying that they are somewhat cone head shaped and lacking much attention in their construction, but never have I heard a complaint about their "custom characters". Now I know I must not have lived since I have not ever seen a 5k puppet before unless you are refering to a full body puppet or puppet costume. Even the most incredble looking one man puppet I've seen costs about $800 unless you buy the rights to it. Then I can see 5k or even higher.
anyone got any pics of a 2,000 to 5,000 dollar puppet?
I'd like to see that bad boy.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
If you have Dave Privett from www.PlaySoup.com build you a custom puppet and you buy the rights to it, you will pay pretty close to that depending on the puppet. He makes an incredible puppet though. If you really want the rights to it I'd say its worth every penny.

Erine81981

Reaction score
So does he do other's puppets? As in would he make one if u sent a disgin. But if so would u have to pay rights to that puppet. I mean if its ur idea then why would u?