One Year wonders

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Yeah I remember Dexter. I always wondered what happened to him. There's another one year charachter I seem to remember from I think the 18th Season. He was an elderly Rabbit (This wasn't Preston) who was performed by Kevin Clash. There's not much I remember about him, but I remember Mumford telling him that he had been trying to pull a rabbit out of his hat for years, and the rabbit agreed to let Mumford pull him out of his hat. There's a few other times I saw him during that year, but I can't remember what he did. Does anyone else remember him, or remember his name?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I think I know who you're talking about. He also once made a joke about a carrot being good for the "I's." I thought that WAS Preston, until I saw Preston's pic in Sesame Encyclopedia. I can't recall the name of that other rabbit either. Maybe it was Professor Something.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey... Got that sketch on one of my tapes.
Mumford has been trying to pull a rabbit out of his hat for years without any success... Then comes this rabbit voiced by Kevin, thought it was Kevin at least, and makes a deal with Mumford. The deal is that the rabbit will let Mumford pull him out of Mumford's hat, if the rabbit can then pull a magician out of his.

The name of the character is Professor D. Rabbit, haven't added him to the list yet cause I haven't gotten confirmation/knowledgeable info on this character before.
Maybe if I could send/loan my tapes to someone who could take a look... And maybe answer the questions I still have...
Oh well, hope this helps.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Prof. Hastings was yanked because he fell asleep a lot. I read somewhere that he would give kids the impression that old people fall asleep like that all the time.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In a thread about Sesame Street Live, there were scans from Big Bird's Totally Amature Show, which featured a character named Stuie Monster. was he ever on the show or just in Sesame Street Live?

Censored

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
Prof. Hastings was yanked because he fell asleep a lot. I read somewhere that he would give kids the impression that old people fall asleep like that all the time.
Do you remember where you read that?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Noggin airede a couple of episodes from the 1971-1972 season with her in it so I suppose she's was only on for that year.