1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Online Muppet Story Books

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Vic Romano, May 11, 2005.

1. Vic Romano Active Member

Hi everyone, it's your 'ol buddy Vic Romano here, hoping to provide you with some real quality entertainment over this here l'il device we've come to know as the in-tur-net. Inspired by ToughPigs, and prompted by my good friend Beau here at MC, I thought you all would enjoy reading some older Muppet story publications on-line. But first, credit given where credit is due, and that's to the originators of this idea; ToughPigs; a great resource to any Muppet Fan, so here's their collection:

The Tale of the Bunny Picnic
    Written by: Louise Gikcow, Illustrated by: Diane Dawson Hearn

One of my favorites as a kid:
    The Many Face of Ernie
    Written by: Judy Freudberg, Tony Geiss & Herbert Hartig; Illustrated by: Norman Chartier

I'll Miss You Mr. Hooper
    Based on the television script by: Norman Stiles, Illustrated by: Joe Mathieu

I Can't Wait Until Christmas
    Written by: Linda Lee Maifair, Illustrated by: Joe Ewers

Another fav from my youth:
    The Great Twiddlebug Mystery
    Written by: Revena Dwight, Illustrated by Roger Bradfield

The Case of the Missing Mother
    Written by: James Howe, Illustrated by William Cleaver

Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree
    Written by: David Korr, Illustrated by Joe Mathieu

Now my setup won't be nearly as fancy as ToughPigs, but I hope you'll bear with me. This first book is actually the reason for this thread. Not too long ago, in a forum not so far away; I posted about a book where Beauregard saves the day (The actual title of the book) by freeing monsters locked in the theatre's basement. Muppet Central's own Beau wasn't aware of this book and I told him I'd post it when I got the chance, so here's that chance, making this next book's post dedicated to the guy we all love, Muppet Central's long standing citizen and all around crazy cat from the UK: Beauregard:zany:

Now this was a very ambitious project indeed, so the only site I know of to do this is PhotoBucket, so unfortunately, the only way to show it to you is one page at a time, but I assure you that it's worth it (especially you, Beau!). And besides, you can save these images to your hard disk's if'n you please and enjoy them yourselves whenever you want.

Bo Saves the Day
    Written by: Jocelyn Stevenson, Illustrated by: Richard Walz
    Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3
    Page 4
    Page 5
    Page 6
    Page 7
    Page 8
    Page 9
    Page 10
    Page 11
    Page 12
    Page 13
    Page 14
    Page 15
    Page 16
    Page 17
    Page 18
    Page 19
    Page 20
    Page 21
    Page 22
    Page 23
    Page 24
    Page 25
    Page 26
    Page 27
    Page 28
    Page 29
    Page 30
    Page 31
    Page 32

This next one is one of my all time favorites and is our next selection due to a topic about a song from the Muppet Show called “Friendship” discussed by a few members after hearing it on MCR. The song is sung by Kermit and Robin, and it seems that the episode it's from and our next book have some similarities. Another interesting note, is that this is one of the few Muppet books that is written and illustrated by the same person. As far as the art is concerned, I feel Mr. Stevenson really captures the personality of the gang and moves them into a very cartoon-sight-gagged world very wonderfully.

The Whale Tale
    Written and Illustrated by: John Stevenson
    Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3
    Page 4
    Page 5
    Page 6
    Page 7
    Page 8
    Page 9
    Page 10
    Page 11
    Page 12
    Page 13
    Page 14
    Page 15
    Page 16
    Page 17
    Page 18
    Page 19
    Page 20
    Page 21
    Page 22
    Page 23
    Page 24
    Page 25
    Page 26
    Page 27
    Page 28
    Page 29
    Page 30
    Page 31
    Page 32

That's all for now, but if this thread gets a good response, then you can be sure more books will be posted, continuing with: Muppet Manners and Robin Hood. :)
  2. scarecroe Active Member

This is fantastic, thanks for sharing these!
  3. Beauregard Well-Known Member

THank you more than enough! Beauregard has his own Book! Yeyeyyeyyeyyeyeyeyey!
  4. HeraLirambar New Member

Good response! These are great. Um... I should probably actually... read them. The pictures are pretty! :halo:
    Thankyew for sharing. Very cool.
  5. BlueFrackle Active Member

That is fantastic Vic! Thanks for doing such a great thing!

Ive always loved the image on Page 31 the most!
  6. Vic Romano Active Member

Oh good, I'm glad you guys are enjoying these. They are great books, and it's so sad that most of them are out of print, so I'll see about doing my best to help show them off to those who've never seen them. I've got lots more good Muppet books.
  7. Beauregard Well-Known Member

I can't seem to open pages 9-and forward on the Bo Saves the Day book...

But the Whale one is working.
  8. Vic Romano Active Member

They might just load slowly 'cause Photobucket isn' the greatest site in the world, but they seem to work for me. If you like Beau, I can just send you the pages so you have them to read.
  9. Chilly Down Member

:excited: Wow. Fantastic work. Thanks, Vic!
  10. Vic Romano Active Member

Wow, Hi Chilly! Haven't seen you in a while, great to see you!

Today I went to the library and found a book I've been looking for forever, it's called "Fozzie's Big Book of Side Splitting Jokes." It's a true fan great as there are illustrations of more unknown Muppets including Uncle Deadly and the lead singer of the Go-Go La La Jubilee Jug Band. Are you guys enjoying this thread? I'll need some feed back here to let me know if it's worth my time to make this for you all.
  11. Vic Romano Active Member

Okay, so here it is; another online Muppet story book! This book is one that I spent most of my entire childhood looking for (because it's one of the few I'd not seen) and then I found it at the library the other day! The jokes are corny, but the artwork is swell. Look for some more obscure Muppets like the guitar player from the Jug Huggers on page 7, and Uncle Deadly sellin' newspapers on page 28. Check it out!

Fozzie's Big Book Of Sidesplitting Jokes (Please Laugh!)
    Illustrated by: Tim Kirk
    Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3
    Page 4
    Page 5
    Page 6
    Page 7
    Page 8
    Page 9
    Page 10
    Page 11
    Page 12
    Page 13
    Page 14
    Page 15
    Page 16
    Page 17
    Page 18
    Page 19
    Page 20
    Page 21
    Page 22
    Page 23
    Page 24
    Page 25
    Page 26
    Page 27
    Page 28
    Page 29
    Page 30
    Page 31
    Page 32
    Page 33
  12. scarecroe Active Member

Oh, that looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing!
  13. Beauregard Well-Known Member

That is awesome Vic. But I still can't get the rest of Bo Saves the Day to work...
  14. Beauregard Well-Known Member

P.S. Can we see Muppet Robin Hood please!
  15. Vic Romano Active Member

Well, I just checked; and all the "Bo Saves The Day" pics are working, so if you want Beau; I'll e-mail you all the pages if you want.

Robin Hood, huh? My favorite book of all time? My childhood favorite that my dad read to me every night, one chapter at a time; over and over and over again?! You dare demand this book of all books!? ... okay, sounds like a plan to me! It'll be a little while; so... *looks conspiritorial like to the left... looks conspiritorial like to the right... opens up trench coat and whispers:* Here's a teaser... ;)
  16. Whatever Active Member

These are super!! I have several of these, my favorites are Muppets to to Sea and Two for the Show. Unfortunately, I don't have a website to post them.
  17. Erine81981 Active Member

The one I would really like to see is the "Jim Henson The Bill Muppet Show Book." Do you have that one Vic?

I have "The Muppets Go Camping" "Jim Henson's Muppets Annual # 5"
    "The Case of the Missing Hat" "Gonzo and the Giant Chicken" "The Case of the Missing Mother" Thats about it. I have "Bo save the day" but I'm missing a bunch of pages. I hate when that happens. If Vic could help me I could do some of my older muppet coloring books. I just need the Photobucket web site and I could do some. Could you help me out here Vic?
  18. Vic Romano Active Member

Let's see what we can do here:
    I don't have a special website, Whatever. I'm using Photo Bucket (www.photobucket.com) which is a free site that hosts pictures. All you need to do is register (all it takes is a username, password and e-mail address) and then you can upload pictures from your hard drive. In order to get the books online though, you'll obviously need a scanner.

Unfortunately Kyle, I don't know exactly all that I have because I don't have all my books on me right now. I do have a Muppets Go Camping Coloring book, but I'm unaware of an "Annual Number" on it. I'll make a complete listing of everything I have later when I get home from work (and even that list may not be complete because I think I still may have a couple in storage in my parents attic).

Aside from that. I'll do whatever I can to help you out ol' pal! If it's to help spread these great titles to all these great fans here on MC, LET"S DO IT!
  19. Erine81981 Active Member

I'll have to do mine later in the week. I don't have time and I don't know if I would when I got home from work. Thanks Vic. I'll get those up soon when I get time.
  20. Vic Romano Active Member

I'm gonna' be checkin' out other libraries too (maybe even this weekend) to see if I can find anything I don't have.