Oooooh, Canada!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Has anyone ever noticed how Gobo speaks with a Candian accent?

For example, I have heard Gobo turn to Wembley and say things like "Let's go, eh." and "Suppoose." I think it's kinda neat!

Do you "suppoose" Jerry did that because they were filming in Toronto, Canada?

:smirk:

Kamit

Reaction score
Well if he did then I'm glad - I happen to like our accent eh.

Now the best "Canadian" Fraggle moment I remember was about a year ago I caught an old re-run of FR on CBC. Uncle Travelling Matt goes to an amusement park - and it's Canada's Wonderland! (a park I have been to many, many times in my life). And he was riding the Wildebeast.

But the best part is you can very briefly see a shot of the whole park (or a good chunk of it) and it's so funny to see how bare everything is! Wonderland has a lot more rides, squeezed in much closer together, nowadays then it did back in the 80's.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I loove the Canadian accent too, eh.

But what's the Fonzie impersenating all aboot? eey!

just kidding! I love Canada. I think it's funky.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Ah, yes, Canada....:big_grin: I LOOOVE Canada. Maybe I'll move there someday...'Specially to Toronto. And, I love Goobo's accent, but, you know....:flirt:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Hehehe....That reminds me...When I was in Toronto for WYD, me and some friends were talking a/b Canada's plot for world domination...At that moment, we walked right by the "Dominion Public Building". We thought it was so funny we took pictures of it!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
What? Did you like think we were sending you all those comedians just because they couldn't find work here? Who sent Shania to enslave the radio airwaves of the world? Canada. Who produces all of the US Olympic Team's clothing? Canada (well, Roots - but they're obviously just pawns in a larger Canadian conspiracy). :stick_out_tongue: Also, let's not forget that Fraggle Rock was Canadian too.

By the time we are done they'll be no "American Culture" or "French Culture" or "Swedish Culture" just Canuck Culture. Conquoring one super power at a time.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Excellent....so none of you will mind our plan for World Domination!
It's always the quiet ones.

Wait, does this mean, then that Canada is on the side of the Russians? Look at the quote by Vladimir Mayakovsky from 1948!!

But then, there are quotes from other lands, a British flag...I don't understand. Wouldn't the Canadians not be forming friendships with other countries in the conquest for all world domination?

It makes sense if you're planning to stab them in the back later and...hey. Wait a minute. You can't overthrow the US, because then where will the Canadians go to be on TV or in Movies?

Personally, I've always wanted to rule the world myself, and to heck with the US or any other country. I would claim those/these lands on my OWN behalf!