1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Open Source Puppetry Project

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by ScrapsFlippy, Oct 1, 2005.

1. ScrapsFlippy

ScrapsFlippy Member

Sorry about disappearing like that ... I'm in a play in Los Angeles that just opened, and had weeklong rehearsals leading up to it.

But, I have been thinking. Here's my (and my wife's) two cents:

The Adventures of Geri and Jules

Join a young Grrrl Trooper named Geri and her loyal dog Jules as they dash around the globe collecting merit badges!

Geri is a little red-haired girl, spunky, mischevious, scrappy, and very intelligent.

Jules is more of a wet blanket, not so spunky, a bit sarcastic and neurotic, but he loves Geri and would do anything to help her.

(Personally, I like the idea of a male and a female character who may get seperated from each other, so that we can accomodate male and female puppeteers voicewise.)

MUTATE, IDEA! MUTATE AWAY!

-- Scraps
  2. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

My thought was he would get distracted by the location and the realize at the end that he just missed his friend.
  3. DannyRWW

Hmmm.. he could be on the run for a crime he didn't commit.
  4. DannyRWW

Or maybe a crime he did commit but something absurd and silly (He set all the monkies loose at the zoo.... he wore white after labor day)
  5. DannyRWW

Hey one more thought... for those of us who cannot record to the internet, perhaps there will be a place to just post photos... kind of post cards of the puppets adventure. I also saw someone on here say they were not a puppeteer and this might be a way to accomadate those that want to be involved but don't know much about puppeteering (all they would have to do is "pose" the puppet).
  6. bezalel

bezalel New Member

Excellent Idea!
  7. ScrapsFlippy

ScrapsFlippy Member

I really like the idea of postcards. That really opens up the field.

This project reminds me very much of "Flat Stanley." (link: http://flatstanley.enoreo.on.ca/)

My wife and I helped out a young friend of ours with his Flat Stanley when we first moved out to L.A. It was lots of fun, buzzing around Hollywood landmarks with a paperboard cut-out and a camera!

-- Scraps
  8. DannyRWW

Hmmm...speaking of Flat stanley.... too bad we can't just mail a puppet around instead of making our own.... We could have a master list and go in order.. then when your done you send him off to the next person on the list.
  9. gfarkwort

gfarkwort Member

But that would cost money.....and take time.....and risk the loss of a Puppet in the mail:smirk:
  10. DannyRWW

Yeah I rethought that one myself. One irresponsible person in the chain and a lot of hardwork is lost (at least for the one who builds the puppet). Oh well.
  11. Shynee

Shynee New Member

Me me me

Mr. ScrapsFlippy I am at you command. I'm in.
  12. Trekkie Monster

Trekkie Monster New Member

I want in too! I think this sounds like alot of fun!
  13. ScrapsFlippy

ScrapsFlippy Member

Well, let's hear more ideas!

-- Scraps
  14. Trekkie Monster

Trekkie Monster New Member

hel

I was just thinking, this concept reminds me alot of "The Hoobs" it was a brittish show that played on TVo (I believe it was a Jim Henson production?) There were a group of monster type characters who were on a mission to discover all the 'strange and fasinating' things that human children think and do, and they would do a little broadcast to other Hoobs. The characters had never seen or heard of alot of the things such as tree's, toys, tea kettles and everything you can think of. It would be neat to have two characters (one male and one female) reporting to a thir character that would only need to be built by one person and they would be sent the video's and record a new intro/outro for each episoid, and each video would have these characters reoporting to their 'boss' character about the new and fasinating places around the world.
  15. bezalel

bezalel New Member

I like that idea! It serves the purpose and provides continuity.
  16. ScrapsFlippy

ScrapsFlippy Member

Fantastic idea!
  17. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

Oops, this was accidently posted. Someone can erase it.
  18. DannyRWW

Well, to be honest I'm out of ideas here, but I'm still on board when we get this project going. For the sake of Scrapsflippy who started this thing I figured I would put together a lsit of who all wants to be involved and where we are located:
    (in order of appearance:) )

Scrapsflippy- Los Angeles, CA
    DannyRWW- Milwaukee, WI
    Muppetsdownunder- Sydney, Australia
    Mrs. Pepper-?
    MGov- Los Angeles, CA
    Bezalet- Dallas, TX
    Gfakwort- Chicago, IL
    Shynee- Long Beach, CA
    TrekkieMonster- Canada

We seem to have the west coast covered. Two of us are from the midwest, and we have a representative from our neighbors to the nortth, as well as some one from Australia. I'll update this list as needed.
  19. DannyRWW

Hey it's my 100th post.
  20. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Congrats Danny!! ^_^ I'm definately a canuck too.