Opera: 1 MSN: 0

Wembley

Reaction score
heh heh heh Funny. I actually noticed this on Slashdot before here, but, I couldn't be bothered to upgrade my version of Opera. (I run 6. ummmm.... 3, I think), and I was wondering if anyone would pick this up....

-Rick "Wembley" Miller
..."You can NOT leave the magic!"

anathema

Reaction score
v7's still in beta, so I'm not using it myself yet, but you should really consider upgrading to the latest v6 (6.05 I think) as it closes some minor security holes...

scarecroe

Reaction score
Actually 7.00 Final was released a couple weeks ago and 7.01 came out a few days later. I've been using it from launch and it's great, although there are a few things that need tweaking like the behaviour of the popup windows.

anathema

Reaction score
Ah, cool! The last one I saw was the beta, and it was pretty unstable. I've not had time to go back and check on the latest release yet :smile:

What's the current 'thing' with the popups?

scarecroe

Reaction score
Well I love the fact that you can set your prefs so that only requested popups are generated, but once you get them, they don't act as normal windows. For example, you can't close them with mouse gestures or even copy image locations from within. Also, when selected text is also a link, the options menu doesn't give you the option to copy just the text. Those are the only two problems I've found so far.

scarecroe

Reaction score
By the way, since we're talking about Opera on the MC forum, it should be noted that there are quite a few pages on muppetcentral.com, articles mostly, that break in Opera. I haven't taken the time to really pick apart the code yet, but I believe it's because the TD tag on all those pages containing the meat of each page is set to be wider than the remainder of the right margin can handle as dictated by the already indented left side of the table. That's what looks like could be the error at first glance anyway.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scott, e-mail me the links of the pages that don't show up properly and I will check it out.