1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Opie

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by D'Snowth, May 14, 2015.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

No, not the son from Andy Griffith, apparently JHC has a kids show called HI, OPIE that is apparently being renewed for a second season that I didn't even know a first season existed, because even though it's airing on TV in Canada, it's apparently a Netflix-exclusive series in other territories.

http://kidscreen.com/2015/05/11/production-begins-on-hi-opie-season-two/

Drtooth keeps talking about how JHC isn't doing so well, I think making their shows harder and harder to actually see is what's hurting them.

2. ToonGeek

ToonGeek Active Member

Yeah, I agree with that statement. as much as a lot of people still do watch Netflix, have they ever thought of putting their shows on TV Networks. then again, considering how badly treated non original kids programs are nowadays they might as well put them on Netflix right now, the show can't be on Cartoon Network due to no preschool programming, Nickelodeon won't even bother with it if it's not Bubble Guppies, PAW Patrol or Dora, unless that new Sid and Marty Kroft show they're having does successful maybe. and Disney Channel's too focused on Animation. so, the closet they really have here in the US are Netflix or Amazon Instant Video.

backpackmina likes this.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The pilot they did back in March was apparently successful enough for Nick to order a 20-episode season, but it just doesn't feel like a Krofft show, it feels more like a Barney/Dog Whisperer mashup with the Kroffts' names attached to it.

backpackmina likes this.
  4. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

What about Discovery Family (The Hub)?

5. ToonGeek

ToonGeek Active Member

When it was The Hub I could actually see that happening, but now that it's Discovery Family, I really doubt it.

6. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

Whaaat?