orginal pilot pitch

goshposh

Reaction score
I know Jim did both Rowlf and Kermit's voice in the pitch. But who perfomed the puppets? For example did Jim do Rowlf and say Frank do Kermit or vice versa?

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i think he means the pitch reel for SS tahat aired on PBs to announce SS

Barry Lee

Reaction score
goshposh said:
I know Jim did both Rowlf and Kermit's voice in the pitch. But who perfomed the puppets? For example did Jim do Rowlf and say Frank do Kermit or vice versa?
All I know is that it was lip synched, there wasn't any credits on who performed the characters. Frank maybe did it, but thats not for sure.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Before1969/1970, the only acknowleged puppeteers were Jim and Frank, but Jim did have a lot of help. Jerry Nelson pitched in quite a bit before officially joining in 1970. Jim's wife Jane helped out before she decided to stay at home and look after the ever-growing number of Henson kids. Carroll Spinney did a number of Anything Muppets although was only credited with Big Bird and Oscar.

Another puppeteer who was never recognized was a gentleman named Cary Antebi. If you grew up in the New York City area in the early 70's, you'd recognize his puppet work from his characters Sherlock the Squirrel on The Magic Garden, and Rags on The Patchwork Family.

So anyone of the above mentioned could have participated in the pitch reel.