Original cast photo

PDiddymus

Reaction score
I bought this original cast photo with character signatures on ebay a few weeks ago... The seller mentioned that the picture was only given to family and friends who visited the set of Sesame Street in the '70s. I was wondering if anyone could verify that claim. I couldn't find any info on it anywhere. Thanks a bunch!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Not sure about if it was given out, but the photo itself was a regular publicity still for the first season of Sesame Street. I'm not saying it is or isn't legit, but as someone who collects autographs, and memorabilia, be VERY careful about buying things like that on Ebay unless it's from a legitimate charity organization for example. There's a lot of bootlegged and/or fake merchandise circulating on Ebay, and I've heard one of the biggest fraudulent items is indeed autographs.

Also don't be fooled by "certificates of authenticity" either. Anyone can print one up on their computer these days, scribble a name on it and make it seem like a legitimate document.

PDiddymus

Reaction score
The paper of the photo itself is pretty old and has color discoloration from age, so I know it isn't a recent reproduction. The signatures are not hand signed, but printed -- similar to the Muppet show cast photos you would receive from joining the Muppet Show fan club back in 1978. Just like the Muppet Show cast photos, they aren't actor autographs either, but signatures of the characters. It did not come with a certificate of authenticity, as I doubt they really had those back then.