1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Original Kermit the Frog donated to the Smithsonian

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by jeremyactor, Aug 25, 2010.

1. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

2. Avilos

Avilos Member

I have an idea of why Kermit looks so different in these years. This was him during his awkward puberty phase!

What are the thoughts on the collar? Is it part of his body? Or just something he wears? That's my thought. Mostly because frogs don't have collars or anything close to that. But also it explains the variations in its look over the years.
  3. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware they had a Sam and freinds exibit. I'll have to check it out next time.
  4. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

It will be in the National Museum of American History one. On the 3rd floor (I think). It will be around the area where you see this old Flying Dumbo from Disneyland.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  5. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I'm going to DC next month for a school trip. We can go to ONE section of the smithsonian (I know, I know). Now how will I convince everyone to go to the American History one :fishy:
    Muppet fan 123 and Hayley B like this.
  6. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

American History would be a must, indeed. But if there is a 2nd choice. Air & Space was pretty cool too.
  7. Muppet fan 123

Escape from the group. Of course the Smithsonian is very big and each museum is spread out all around the Mall. So find out which Smithsonian you're going to. (There's a lot of other Muppet stuff there too).
    -The Sam and Freinds cast is in The National Museum of American History,
    - And there is an Oscar and Kermit right near each other, check those out.
    I don't know about the other ones. I'll look around.
    Hayley B likes this.
  8. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Though, I went to try to find Oscar during my first visit and he wasn't anywhere to be seen. I emailed Smithsonian and they replied and said "Oscar is in the American History. But he is not on display to the public'.

But though, that was a year ago when I last visited the Smithsonian. He might be back. I remember seeing him years ago at the American History.
  9. Muppet fan 123

He's NOT there? He was there when I was there last time. (Gosh, I can't even remeber how long ago that was. But that's one of the few thing I did remeber) He's was always there. I don't know why they would take him out.
    (He's in Night at the Musuem: Battle of The Smithsonian but that was in 2009. So I have no idea what up with that email) Then where would he be? In a garbage can? Oh..wait.
  10. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

How wonderful!
  11. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

lol my teacher would have my head on a stake if I wandered off XD
  12. Muppet fan 123

Wonderful.. that he's missing?
  13. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

No that they donated him to the museum.
  14. Muppet fan 123

Oh. You mean about the title of this thread. Yeah it is pretty cool!
  15. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Wasn't that nice of Mrs. Henson. :) Sorry, I been having a little phobia in making threads for this forum chat. :o Just been searching ones that can relate to what I want to bring up.

Here's a YouTube video for you though.

I was trying to look for the email that I got back from the Smithsonian. I guess I must had thrown it out. Then I went to go look at my Washington D.C. trip report (that I make in another Forum Chat). I was kind of hoping that I cut and paste it there. I remembered that I brought it up there too. But I pretty much told you the samething. But these were there exact words "he is in the Museum of American History collections . But he is not out there for viewing. "

They didn't get specific as to why they do that. You can ask The Smithsonian any questions on there website here too, if you like. http://www.si.edu/Contacts