1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Original Muppet Movie Car needs repair

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by mbmfrog, Dec 13, 2011.

1. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

wow 40,000 dollars
  3. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

It's times like this one that we could really use a Muppet telethon. :sympathy:
  4. muppetlover123

i like this idea that should have been this movie lol jk
  5. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

Time for a Muppet Central Telethon?
  6. muppetlover123

7. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

First off, that's really cool about how there was a driver on the inside. I never knew that. The more you know!

Secondly, oh no! Telethon, anyone?
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

While I'd rather 40k go to families in need or a charity, it would be nice to preserve it since MC couldnt raise the 7000 dollars to buy the real original Electric Mayhem bus on ebay in 1998(and thus, some other person bought it and the bus got torched to the ground)

Also it's hard watching the original film...it's so full of magic...that "Movin Right Along" scene to me alone is a thousand times better than the new movie imho
  9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

...but who here can whistle?
  10. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

I think Jason Segel should donate the money to the museum in exchange for letting him drive it to promote the movie (or DVD release, since it'll take some time to restore it). *cough cough* Are you listening Jason? ;)
    panmanthe2nd, Muppetfan44 and Puckrox like this.
  11. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I wonder what sort of Fozzie doll that is that the Museum has in the car?
  12. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

Saw the news clip on ToughPigs- so sad, the car definitely needs restored to its rainbow-technicolor beauty it once was during the Muppet Movie.

Let's see if I can start some magic with a little tweeting...
  13. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

interesting story but i wish the camera man they picked actually showed a decent show of the car and fozzie in it
  14. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Been there, seen that, took pictures, gave five dollars.

I was both in awe and trying not to tear up. :cry:
  15. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I can Whistle.;)
    Still, I was hoping someone at Disney or within the Muppets would at least take notice of this and do something about it to preserve the legacy and longtivity of the original Muppet Movie.:sympathy:
  16. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

You folks realize this: If 4500 fans would donate $10 each to "adopt" the car, the museum would have MORE than enough to refurbish the car and more! I wonder if we can get folks to commit to doing that?
  17. Puckrox

Someone should start something on here and Tough Pigs. I bet we could ban together and do it.
  18. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

I agree- it's only figuring out the logistic details that would be difficult
  19. Puckrox

I've been kind of thinking about it, and, well, I wouldn't mind heading it... I just don't know how I'd go about doing it. Would everyone send the money to me? Would they send the money to the place? I dunno, I've never done anything like this before, but if I could get fans from all over to send in $10 or $20 to save the car, well, it would at least put a sizable dent into helping out with the repairs.
  20. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

id be all for helping