1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

2. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I don't mind if things are glued, I'm not a professional and I have no plans to be :). As long as it holds up to being treated gently like my Care Bear and CPK collections and can be youtubed I am okay with it :D.
    The only question I have is is the mouth flexible so you can work it like a real muppet? Because every muppet thingie I've ever owned has had the open screaming muppet mouth of doom :(...
  3. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Well these are suppose to be actual puppets so I would imagine the mouths are flexible to some degree.
  4. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I will settle for mouths that can actually open and close and get a jaw wrinkle..or whatever that is called...of course it would be wonderful if they had the sort of jaws the fraggles did..now those were bendable ;)
  5. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I just used the PrintScreen key on my keyboard and pasted it into Paint or something.
  6. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

so can anybody actually construct any whatnot that they recognise with the limited options or is it just a make your own design?
  7. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

If you have a Mac just use the Grab program/tool :excited:
  8. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

No Muppet Whatnot for us outside the US. Unless you go in person. :(
  9. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

The limited options (not just in selection but also on placement of features etc) are all probably very deliberate decisions. Disney (who remember nixed the idea of professional replicas of the Muppets unless they were poser replicas and not puppet replicas) were no doubt very specific about what could and could not be done so that one could create something "muppet-y" but couldn't end up looking like an existing character or close to one, even any "one-shot" whatnots that ever existed in any production.

I remember one of the coolest things about the toy Anything Muppet puppet that was released along with other toy puppets like Ernie, Bert, Cookie etc back in the early days of Sesame Street was that not only could one create all sorts of combinations, but you could essentially make a very close representation of Herbert Birdsfoot.
  10. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I have some good ideas for a Muppet Whatnot, I just don't know which one I should buy first?
  11. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Their website says they will ship nearly anywhere in the world.But you have to email customer service.
  12. wemblingalong

wemblingalong Member

13. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Hey Phil, if you want to get one let me know and I will help you out.

Randy
  14. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

It is very annoying that these are restricted to US only.

I am lucky that I am going to New York next month and will be able to buy one.

It seems still unclear if you can make and then take away your puppet on the same day?

Here is the puppet I am hoping to buy, although I want the red long curly hair which has currently sold out, so I have used the long black hair in the piccy.

Not sure why I like the idea of a female instead of a male character, I think it reminds me of the early Muppet Show chorus girls maybe?

Her name is Maria Jones!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/KERMIE1/mariajones.jpg

Also, can anyone tell me how I can watch the Kermit and Piggy video. It never opens when I open fao.com, maybe because I am in the UK?
    Is it on youtube? A hide website that would let me open it? I really want to see it!

Chris
  15. Luke

Luke Active Member

I spoke to someone in FAO the other day about UK shipping, but it was mentioned that if you come to the store its made while you wait. The concept is exactly the same as Build A Bear/Bear Factory. :insatiable:
  16. Davina

Davina Member

My big question is, esp on the female hair styles.. are they stylable?
    hubby and I would love to get a few of these (and get some as presents for the kids and that..) but for at least one of them, the hair would definately need to be stylable... at least a little bit... oh i suppose we could make due if it's not.. but would definatley swing the decision.. :)
  17. Timhodge

Timhodge New Member

Okay, so the international shipping issue isn't as simple as I'd hoped!

The website says that generally, they ship stuff OS, but you have to email first rather than using the standard checkout method. After people here starting saying they don't ship the Whatnots outside the US, I emailed them.

Thank you, for contacting FAO Schwarz. We are delighted that you are interested in purchasing toys from us. In response to your inquiry we are not clear on the international shipping policy for this particular item at this time. As soon as we receive an accurate answer as to if we will be shipping Muppet Whatnots internationally we will contact you via email. If you have any other inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.
    So. I guess we just have to stay tuned for the moment!
  18. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

When anybody gets their WN, please share pics :D I really want to see what they look like "in real life."
  19. Telly

Telly Active Member

I LOVE that they're running out of stock! That means these things are a hit! :D
  20. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

I e-mailed FAO Schwarz twice. First e-mail I received back said that it was US only. Then the second time I got pretty much the same form e-mail that Timhodge got.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.