Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWoO

Reaction score
Those of us who would want to buy something like this would expect some flexibility, since that's what these "Whatnot" (when did they stop being called "Anything"?)
Muppet Show extras are Whatnots and Sesame Street extras are Anything Muppets. Same concept, different names and in some cases styles. If you compare Anything muppets to the older Whatnot designs you'll notice the Anythings are simpler. Scooter is an example of an old Whatnot design. To me, the orange one looks more Anything like and the blue one is more Whatnot like.

I'm such a geek.

Anyway, this is the one I'd design

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p353/searspics/puppet2.jpg

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
A good example of what could go wrong in terms of parts placement: If you select the "bald fringe" for your puppet, the digital mockup shows the fringe running along the top of the puppets head, like a sideways mowhawk. Of course I assume this is an error, but there's always the chance that it's not. That's a big error that would spoil my puppet.

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
Hot glue sounds cheap but I think it would be a better solution for the overall look than velcro. Velcro would create either a very noticeable gap between parts or a hold that wasn't very strong and especially parts like noses could flop off while the puppet was being performed.

An interesting option would be for people to be able to purchase just the body, as construction wise this is the most difficult for an amatuer to do, but I know plenty of people who wouldn't mind trying thier hands at making eyes, noses, hair etc...

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me how they got pictures of their completed puppets? I tried to do a copy paste, but that didn't seem to work...

Thanks in advance :smile: !

Luke

Reaction score
For $90 I hope it's not just hot-glued on :stick_out_tongue:
It is definitely hot glued on, they aren't sewing them. The job advert says they'll be glueing them even.

I don't think there is any question of how long they will last either, they won't be using Antron at that price and i can't see them using any foam. I think these will have a very long life.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Awwww Man, I've just picked mine, a birthday present from the missus, got to the checkout AND....

they don't ship outside the US, bluddy brilliant! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.