Original Powerpuff Girls Voice Actors not Returning for Reboot

backpackmina

Reaction score
Cat Cavadini (Blossom), Tara Strong (Bubbles), and E.G Daily (Buttercup), the original Powerpuff Girls, will NOT provide their voices in the 2016 reboot series. They were actually pretty mad at the decision, as they were never even told about the reboot until CN announced it. The new actresses are Amanda Leighton (Blossom), Kristen Li (Bubbles), and Natalie Palamides (Buttercup). They introduced themselves on Vine, but so far I haven't heard their character voices.

What do you think about the cast change?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think we already have a thread about this.

Schfifty

Reaction score
That's pretty unfortunate. I hope the new actresses can sound close enough to the main three's voices for the girls. I haven't even heard of these people, so hopefully they get some stardom.

Also, are Tom Kenny and Tom Kane returning to voice the Narrator and the Professor again?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Also, are Tom Kenny and Tom Kane returning to voice the Narrator and the Professor again?
Tom Kenny is apparently the only one reprising his role as the Narrator.

I don't know, seems like there's a lot of complications with voice acting unions and such. At least, that's why they couldn't bring back Cam Clark, Rob Paulsen, Townsend Coleman, and Barry Gordon for TURTLES FOREVER.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know, seems like there's a lot of complications with voice acting unions and such. At least, that's why they couldn't bring back Cam Clark, Rob Paulsen, Townsend Coleman, and Barry Gordon for TURTLES FOREVER.
That's the reason for that, but not the PPG Reboot. The 2k3 series used non-union voice actors that mostly do anime dubbing.. well, dubbing in general. There was no way big name Union Californian voice actors would want that much of a paycut.

Which confuses me in one way. The voice of Leonardo on that series was also the voice of Dean Venture in a show that used some union talent. Patrick Warburton being a main cast member.

No, the PPG recast is so the show sounds fresh, and frankly I'm less worried about the girls themselves and more concerned about other voice actors like Tom Kane. All and all, that's the only thing I'm not liking about this reboot. Considering how lame the anime was and how uneven the Fibonacci Sequins special was, it looks much better. Not that I didn't like the special, but the fact the PPG threw temper tantrums and it was a huge plot point kinda ruined the experience. There's out of character and then there's far far far out of character.