Original script for Muppets From Space questions

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I don't remember if I ever made a thread of this or not but I've read that the script that Jerry Juhl wrote for Muppets From Space was quite different from what the movie became. One of the things I remember reading was there was going to be lots of moments spoofing famous sci-fi movies like ET. Also the original ending was the aliens weren't related to Gonzo at all, Gonzo realizes he's not an alien but is very happy knowing he already has a family of friends that cares about him. Unlike most of the Muppet Movies, this was the first time a Muppet production was directed by someone who didn't work for The Jim Henson Company. Mainly The Muppets before worked in a sort of outside the Hollywood, "In House" system environment where they had creative control and freedom. So there wasn't any outside directors or writers before.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Unlike most of the Muppet Movies, this was the first time a Muppet production was directed by someone who didn't work for The Jim Henson Company. Mainly The Muppets before worked in a sort of outside the Hollywood, "In House" system environment where they had creative control and freedom. So there wasn't any outside directors or writers before.

Actually The Muppet Movie was directed by James Frawley, who hasn't worked with the Muppets before or since.