1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Oscar in "Night at the Museum 2"

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Oscarfan, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I love when the Muppets make cameos in random things. Nothing will compare to the moment when I saw Kermit in Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium!
  3. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I got to say if there's anyway to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the show... then this is it. :grouchy:
  4. EmMonster

EmMonster New Member

Man, I totally need to see that.
  5. kermiegirl

kermiegirl New Member

Oscar the Grouch in the Night at the Museum: Secrets of the Smithsonian trailer

I don't know if anyone has seen this but if you saw the full trailer of Night at the Museum: Secrets of the Smithsonian, you probably saw Oscar the Grouch briefly. He is in the middle of the trailer just standing next to Darth Vader and Darth closes the lid on him! :)
    If your confused, here is the link to the trailer:
    http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&from=IV2_en-us_v11HP&fg=gtlv2
  6. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

The scene appears around 1:44 into the trailer(first see Oscar) and 1:49 when Darth Vader closes the trashcan lid.

Nice catch. :)
  7. kermiegirl

kermiegirl New Member

Is anyone surprised as I am that Oscar would appear in this kind of movie? I didn't think so. :)
  8. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I didn't expect it, but I kind of saw it coming. They have Kermit, Oscar, Ernie and Bert at the Smithsonian, so I made a fancy hope one of them would appear. Looks like my hope came true! May 22. Be there. :grouchy:
  9. bluesquid

bluesquid New Member

This is going to be pretty funny.

The last trip I took to the Smithsonian was a few months ago, they don't actually have Kermit or Oscar puppets, they have photo-puppets.

I didn't know they had Ernie and Bert. Which museum is that in?
  10. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

I was surprised by this too.

But it would've made sense if Oscar was with Yoda instead of Darth Vader. He could make some sort of snarky "Muppet-related" remark to him or something (since Yoda is often mistaken for as a Muppet, and he would be performed here by Frank Oz)

Unless it could be that Darth Vader is Oscar's father? :rolleyes::p
  11. Oscarfan

Yoda isn't in the Smithsonian, so his appearance wouldn't make sense.
  12. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

Yeah i just saw that on youtube.:)
  13. Oscarfan

I saw the movie last night and Oscar's cameo was pretty good. His pathetic attempt at being evil was funny. Plus, a photo of Cookie appeared briefly when Larry's son was looking up the museum on the computer.
  14. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

That was hilarious. I also think Larry's entry near the end was a take off of GMC, too. :D
  15. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

Well I can't wait to see the movie when it comes out, who knows it might be one of the best movies of all time, along with the simpsons movie, most muppet films and the star wars movies.:)
  16. Beauregard

I saw the movie. It was hilarious -- if lacking on anything deeper than a joke -- but I liked the Oscar cameo. It could have been written better, but it was cute cute CUTE! And great to actually SEE Oscar in a MOVIE!
  17. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Just got back from the theater. The movie was pretty good, not the best movie ever, but still pretty good (the whole movie was pretty much a live-action cartoon). Seeing Oscar's pretty funny cameo was gold more me. You could tell Caroll was pretty awkward with the puppetry which took away from some of the comic impact but still, a Muppet... in a mainstream movie... in 2009. Yay!
  18. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

Or at least a non-muppety one. In his history I think this might be his 2nd cameo in any film. (not counting sesame movies). His 1st being in the great muppet caper.;):)
  19. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I don't think it was so much the puppetry as the joke itself. While I CAN see Oscar seeming embarrassed that he's not a villain, I CANNOT see him just muttering instead of letting the Pharoah have it verbally. Darth Vader didn't speak. That left the Pharoah delivering the "punchlines". Oscar deserved better. This is a guy who can tell off kids and his best friends. How can he NOT mock the Pharoah? The tunic thing had been overdone, but there was a LOT to mock. I place the blame squarely on the writers for dropping THAT ball.
  20. Beauregard

I agree! He should have been upstaging the villain, not the other way around. Especially when he was put down. I'd have thought he'd have a great come-back to that.