Oscar Multicolor Kubricks

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My friend Sean gave me these beautiful Oscar Kubricks as a birthday gift. I see them as Lego"ish" representations of the Sesame character in Andy Warhol paint combinations of 70s colors. There's the classic paint and six other versions. I like that Orange Oscar is included here. I really am thinking of collecting more of these (well, not Elmo). More pics to come when I have time to spend. Just thought I'd share. Love these things! :grouchy: :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like that Orange Oscar is included here.

Me too. I wonder what prompted this movement of multi-colored pop art type products. i've seen all these different sets of Funko Bobble head "pop Art" (I think that's how they referred to them on the lable) gift boxes. So far, I've seen a Fred Flintstone, a Barney Rubble, and coming soon Bullwinkle J Moose.

This makes me wonder if they've decided making a dark green/grey Grover as well. or maybe an Ernie in a season one shirt.

shimauta

Reaction score
Are Kubricks very popular in America? Here in Japan people go crazy collecting them. A couple of days ago they released the Supreme Kermit Kubrick and they sold out the same day. I havent heard of more future Muppet related releases but it is definitely a possibility!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Are Kubricks very popular in America?
They sure are. Not so sure if they're as popular as they used to be, but Japanese style Blind Box figures are really hot over. problem is, we have so many American, or at least non-Japanese companies making Japanese style figures, you hardly see the real ones from Japan anymore.

But we still have most of the Kubrick sets avaialble here. I was meaning to get the Muppet Show ones, but never did.

shimauta

Reaction score
I didn't know that! Do you know of any websites that have them available for purchase in the states? I have seen them here in Japan in second hand stores but they are quite expensive and would love to few a couple of them for my friend.