Oscar saved my life

BabyBeanBunny

Reaction score
Okay, so it sounds crazy, but I have been under severe depression for many months, and even had thoughts of committing suicide. But after thinking about Oscars Song, "I love trash", it made me realize that no matter how I felt, someone always loved me, even if he happened to be green, and live in trash can.

There's something in Sesame Street that just keeps everyone going.

babybeanbunny.

jediX

Reaction score
ANYTHING Muppet is like medicine to me (I'll be posting a thread regarding this in the coming days with further explanation). I look back and realize I wouldn't be who I am now without them, and in a way I feel like I owe JHC something.

Well anyway, if you are ever feeling depressed (trust me, I know that emotion all too well) us MC people are here for you. :smile:

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
I completely agree with you BabyBean, there IS something in Sesame that keeps us going. I too know the ways of depression, and I like to use one of Caroll Spinney's quotes as an upper and that does a right-good job of cheering me up it does: "Believe that [you] can do something, and [you] will." This was originally related to Big Bird and skating, but I definitely think it applies here. Keep thinking positive, remember that, as has been said, we here on MC are here for you, and whenever you get in a sticky spot just stop, think, hold your nose and hum :excited: A smile should follow, and once you start smiling you never stop! It's infectious as well...

I would also echo Matt's sentiment that you can talk to me any time you need to. I'm on Yahoo! Messenger as "AdamHarwood," AOL Instant Messenger as "haaq4671" and you can e-mail me through the forums (don't want to give my address out due to spammers - but it'll get here!). So yeah, keep on thinking positive and remember that we're all pullin for each other here - through thick and thin. You're among friends.

>Adam

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Don't ever let go of that Rainbow Connection!! You almost did, and it's easy to do. As long as you keep that song in your heart you'll see that all things can be good.

Like I always say, "Above every storm cloud the sun still shines!" Look past the storm and see the sun!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I know how you feel! I deal with depression myself. Thankfully there are things like this around to help me get through life.

If you ever want to talk, I'm available to listen :smile:

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
If A N Y O N E on this board ever feels that bad, pick a thread, go randomly to a response, and hit "email this person". Anyone here will be glad to listen, I'm sure. That's why we're all here!

eric

Whatever

Reaction score
Right now I feel crummy because I went to Spanish class and the professor has a heavy South American accent. I have to work really hard to understand him. I couldn't figure out what on earth was going on, paniced, and messed up on the timed quiz 'cause I didn't understand the assignment. I just finished crying. A hearing disability is about as depressing as it gets.

muppetfan620

Reaction score
Oh, no! No wonder you were upset! :sympathy: My aol screen name is Mtirk if you ever want to talk, and on Yahoo Messenger it's Wheeliegirl55316. Just be sure to say you are from Muppet Central so I know who you are. :smile:

Millicent

Fozzie54

Reaction score
My Oscar story

BabyBeanBunny said:
Okay, so it sounds crazy, but I have been under severe depression for many months, and even had thoughts of committing suicide. But after thinking about Oscars Song, "I love trash", it made me realize that no matter how I felt, someone always loved me, even if he happened to be green, and live in trash can.

There's something in Sesame Street that just keeps everyone going.

babybeanbunny.
I can't say Oscar saved my life, but he did save my day once. I was in Washington, D.C. with some friends on vacation, but we were having a difficult time. Took us longer than we had thought to drive there from Virginia Beach, and by the time we found a decent hotel and checked in it was already 5pm and we had hardly any time to see any sights. We ran around like crazy people trying to soak in the major sights since I'd never been to D.C. and wanted to see as much as possible. (We had to go somewhere else the next day, otherwise we'd have waited until then.)

Anyhoo, I was feeling tired and cranky because we were moving so fast and not really getting the true experience. That's when we decided to go to the Museum of American History, but it was just our luck that they were closing in about 10 minutes. My friend grabbed a map and told us to follow him as quickly as possible. He took us to the TV section, and all of a sudden I saw Oscar the Grouch (an actual Oscar they'd used in filming) sitting there in his trash can. After the crazy day, the long drive, and the fact that I LOVE the Muppets but had never seen a real one, I just soaked in my time with Oscar and tears rolled down my cheeks. Made the whole crazy trip worth while.

That's two people Oscar has helped. :smile: