Oscar the Grouch and the Muppet Show

anytimepally

Reaction score
Now that would ber interesting I seem to remeber an ep of Muppets Tonight where the song "I Love Trash" was featured with actual singing trash bags, so it's not too far-fetched an idea, but let's see what the grouch himself thinks.
that was The Jim Henson Hour episode 109 entitled "Garbage".. kd lang sang "I Love Trash," and Jerry & Steve played the singing trash

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I can imagine Oscar being pleased and proud to guest star with the Muppets personally.
But naturally he'd make a fuss and grumble about how he wished he didn't really have to be there.
After all a grouch has his image to uphold now, hasn't he? :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Now that would ber interesting I seem to remeber an ep of Muppets Tonight where the song "I Love Trash" was featured with actual singing trash bags, so it's not too far-fetched an idea, but let's see what the grouch himself thinks.

NO NIEN NYET NON NO!!!!

Uh I think that was no in English, German, Russian French and Spanish. So I don't think he's willing to do it, good idea though,

Hehe! I like the Spinish one!:smile:

peyjenk

Reaction score
Well, in Muppet Family Christmas, Oscar is more than pleased to let Rizzo spend the night in his trash can!

muppetmonster

Reaction score
Yes, that is true. Oscar the Grouch did let Rizzo bunk with him in "Muppet Family Christmas", but I do not think Oscar would like to be friends with the muppets from the Muppet Show either. He might like their interest in violence (though mild), wisecracking, and cynical and sarcastic humor, but they are still goofy and are still as gentle hearted, good minded, and good willed as their "Sesame Street" counterparts, even Sam the Eagle has a good mind, will, and heart, though he is very non social. However, I can see Oscar liking Statler and Waldorf more than any muppet on "the Muppet Show", but then again, if he is friends with Elmo and Telly Monster, then he can be friends with Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, and the rest of the gang.

Muppetmonster

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, in Muppet Family Christmas, Oscar is more than pleased to let Rizzo spend the night in his trash can!
I really think that Rizzo and Oscar would make a great team. Too bad it was only a one time thing.

Personally, I think Oscar would have a ball with the Muppet Show characters. they argue more... there's more loud chaos, and something tells me, he'd fit right up in that balcony box right up with Statler and Waldorf.

I could just hear him saying, "I hate to agree with anyone, but it's hard to disagree with you guys!" when they heckle an act.

Though I want to just add, Oscar doesn't "Bully." He teases. Bullies really hate the people they tourment, and Oscar does, deep down, love everyone on Sesame Street.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Though I want to just add, Oscar doesn't "Bully." He teases. Bullies really hate the people they tourment, and Oscar does, deep down, love everyone on Sesame Street.
I was just about to say that, Oscar isn't a villian or evil or nothing, he just enjoys different things so to speak. Oscar really has a heart of gold and that's what makes him a great character.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
If you notice, whenever someone tries to do something Muppet Show-y to the SS gang (like Piggy vs Big Bird or Swedish Chef vs Big Bird), any attack backfires comically. I can only think of Big Bird examples, but I can imagine Oscar getting his fair share of "Hey, just cause I'm on a kid's show doesn't mean I'm a pushover"-type experiences.

He already got along with Rizzo (and I can also see the Statler/Waldorf thing). I can see maybe Gonzo, who is also used to being different and an outcast. I don't think Piggy would antagonize him -- surely he would tease her about rolling around in mud and stuff ... but I can't see her winning a fight ... not when he's surrounded by metal most of the time and there's no telling what all he has in that trash can. :big_grin:

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
If Oscar was ever on an episode of the Muppet Show he'd prob-ably get along w/ Statler & Waldorf pretty well since he's like a heckler like those guys.:grouchy: