Oscar the Grouch's Oscar predictions

Puckrox

Reaction score
Hehe, Coling Filth. Yes. If Colin Filth doesn't win, I'm going to throw such a hissy fit. Let's just say things will be broken and faces will be slapped... :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:grouchy: Hopefully it'll air on the Muppetcast this week.
BTW: Anyone else but me remember when Oscar appeared at the end of Joan Rivers' Fashion Review for the 1995 Academy Awards on E! Entertainment Television?

Puckrox

Reaction score
BTW: Anyone else but me remember when Oscar appeared at the end of Joan Rivers' Fashion Review for the 1995 Academy Awards on E! Entertainment Television?
... In 1995 I was playing with barbies, transformers, and duplos, and all my hopes and dreams of growing up to be a dog were still uncrushed... </baby>

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... How'd Oscar's picks fare? Did they win you any money in your award pools?
BTW: Methinks the grouch would've liked this year's presentation with how badly the reviews I'm hearing are portraying it.
Advice to the Academy Awards: Get Billy Crystal's cell phone number which it appears you've lost. Either him or Jon Stewart!

Puckrox

Reaction score
BTW: Methinks the grouch would've liked this year's presentation with how badly the reviews I'm hearing are portraying it.
Advice to the Academy Awards: Get Billy Crystal's cell phone number which it appears you've lost. Either him or Jon Stewart!
I was happy with all the results (except supporting actress. I wanted the girl from True Grit to win). I'm glad The King's Speech won so many awards, and I definitely teared up during Colin Firth's speech. He so deserved it!

They need to get Billy to come back and host. James Franco and Anne Hathaway were adorable, and better than Martin and Baldwin, but no where near as good as a Billy Crystal or Hugh Jackman performance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
No matter who hosts the darn thing, they all do a "terrible" job. Then they complain about the hosts being too young, then too old, then they go too far, then they are too safe.... Here's something DON'T have anyone host the Oscars. Then they can complain no one's hosting it.

Maybe that is what Oscar's favorite bit is... the morning after an awards show when everyone complains about the host.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... It just confirms my thoughts that instead of that duo hosting the Academy Awards, it should've been them in costume/character as Catwoman from the upcoming Dark Knight Rises and Green Goblin Jr. from Spider-Man 3 hosting something like the Tick's Vile Awards or Kids Next Door's Enemy Awards.