Oscars 2014

TwoHeadedLlama

Reaction score
My money's on Frozen by default. Kinda makes me sad though. I really liked Wreck-it Ralph, and was disappointed when Brave took its title. If Frozen wins, this will prove to Disney that princess movies and the like are what sells, which sadly means we won't be seeing any more unique stuff like WIR for a long time.

mr3urious

Reaction score
My money's on Frozen by default. Kinda makes me sad though. I really liked Wreck-it Ralph, and was disappointed when Brave took its title.
It was either that or ParaNorman that I hoped would win. But as somewhat disappointing as Brave was, at least it wasn't as bad as Happy Feet getting the award.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Brave won a pity Oscar. There was a lot of backstage drama that kicked the original writer off the film (and I'm very disheartened to hear that the same crap is going down with The Good Dinosaur). The award should have gone to any other movie (the least of which, Paranorman). And like I said, the BIGGER travesty is that Happy Feet won an award the same year they snubbed Satashi Kon. An artist of animated film didn't even get nominated so a bunch of dumb penguins who sing old rock songs (badly) could get an award.n A movie that makes Shark Tale look artistic.

But the difference between Brave and Frozen? Frozen exploded! It made a shocking amount of money, and it's still playing. Kids are swooping up plush of the snowman. it got glowing reviews... Brave was a flawed film that did manage to speak to some people, but didn't get the great praise they were expecting.

The award should go to the Miyazaki film (he retired after this one), after the Oscars consistently snubbing foreign animators. EVEN Persepholis, which if it was a live action film with more depressing scenes would have won something.

TwoHeadedLlama

Reaction score
Side note, is it just me, or were the late 1990's-early and mid 2000's a really bad period in terms of good family films? Because it seems to me that every film made during that period relied on a lot of crude humor, adult jokes, and old pop songs to try and be 'cool'? True, there were some pretty good kids movies (mostly Pixar) but most of the ones I watched really grated on my nerves.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But the difference between Brave and Frozen? Frozen exploded! It made a shocking amount of money, and it's still playing.
FROZEN already had a huge fanbase before it even came out... I honestly don't understand how that can even be possible.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well if nothing else, I do think Ellen is pretty funny so far. :halo: