1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Oscar's smell

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by OldSchoolFan, Dec 17, 2008.

1. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan New Member

As we all know, Oscar is a pretty filthy dude.

If Oscar was real, in detail, what do you all think he'd smell like?

I think he'd smell like a mix between:
    -A 50 year old couch that has been vomitted on several times
    -Gasoline
    -Foot sweat
    -Rotten cheese

What do you guys think Oscar would smell like if he were real?

2. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

He could market a pefume : Eau d'grouche

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

At the risk of saying "like an old puppet with 40 years of arm sweat" I say that he may smell like trash, but I have a theory that he could easily smell like really, really, really bad cologne... you know the cheap kind that burns your nose when you smell it, no matter how little is put on? Smelling like old ham and feet may sound grouchy, but smelling offensively "good" sounds very grouchy to me.

4. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Limberger cheese that's been left out of the fridge for the past 40 years!:grouchy:

5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

How does Oscar smell?

Horrible! He doesn't have a nose! Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!

6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Wocka wocka...

I bet he smells kinda like the paper they wrap Fish and Chips in.

7. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

*groan...giving Oscarfan the hook!*:p

8. Beauregard

Hook, hook, give 'im the hook!

Bea:zany:{Run Peter!}regard

9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

*being pulled off-stage* "Baby, Baby, don't get hooked on me..."

10. Beauregard

Wet dog...that's an unpleasurable stench...I imagine he might have that kind of smell, or sort of "Pond Weed" tang about him. Maybe old-rain-coat.

11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Or, maybe like how when a plush toy, or a couch, or something furry gets so dirty, it doesn't have much of a smell, but it has so much dirt on it, you sneeze.

Of course, he could also smell of mud... he takes a mud bath every day, you know.

12. Cookie fan

Cookie fan New Member

He occasionally takes a mud bath and he eats (if I recall well) ice cream with sardines among other things... I guess the resulting aroma will be pretty like garbage.

13. Beauregard

What does Mud smell like anyway? I can't say I've been out sniffing it lately. I guess he is kinda a Earthy chap...maybe he does have a gentle earthy summer-rain smell...

14. Cookie fan

Cookie fan New Member

Actually that is a very polite and poetic description of his smell, to me mud does not have that much of an offensive odor unless you're talking about swampy mud (Phew!)

15. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

I always thought he smells like a generic garbage dump. Or a building that garbage is accumulated in over the course of many years. But probably to a lesser extent. It's a smell that is there, but not enough to turn the faces of those around him. Well, think about it. No one on SS has ever talked about his smell that I know of. Perhaps they're just being polite, but it's probably not as horrible as one would imagine for someone who has been living in a trash can for close to 40 years. ;)

16. Beauregard

Hmm...Maybe it smells like the inside of my car...If only I could locate the source of that smell...

17. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Whoops! Sorry. I'll take that out of the trunk soon.

18. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I could have sworn there was an episode about him being smelly when I was little..it was one of the mud bath ones I think:coy:...

19. Beauregard

Can I hazard another guess? I bet he smells about as bad as our very own PrawnCracker...

20. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Ah ha, how funny--how very droll of you, master Regard. I'll see this insult to my aroma and raise you one question. Who was it that vowed to go without a shower at one point in their MC career? Ah, I think we've reached a finishing point. Final score: Prawn: Infinity and ten, Beau: 12.