Oscars!

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Hey, MCers! I thought, with the Oscars tomorrow, it would be cool to dicuss our predictions and wishes for who should be the winners of the awards!

Toughpigs put their predictions on their site. They based who they want to win by the actors' Muppet connections!

Oscar the Grouch made his predictions on AOL. Making such predictions like: Colin Firth (a.k.a. Colin "Filth") for Best Actor, and Waste Land for Best Documentary (a great place for a vacation)!

So, who are your Oscar picks?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm not that into the Oscars, but it would be great to see Colin Firth and anyone who worked on The King's Speech win. :smile:

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'm not that into the Oscars, but it would be great to see Colin Firth and anyone who worked on The King's Speech win. :smile:
I'm plenty into the Oscars, but, yes, I'll be terribly disappointed if Colin Firth doesn't win and if King's Speech doesn't take home a slew of awards. I'm foreseeing King's Speech and Social Network making bank tomorrow night.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I'm so happy that one of my idols - the amazing Shaun Tan, won for Animated Short.
For those of you unfamilar with him, he's an Australian author / illustrator with a penchant for the strange.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm so glad that the creative effects awards went to movies that actually HAVE creative effects. an Oscar passing up old person make up which even lower budget sitcoms can do? Unheard of!

Seriously... old person make up winning awards. That's as bad as period piece costuming winning best costume. Freakish monsters that people have to use their IMAGINATIONS to come up with usually walk home empty handed when someone does a vanity piece of Oscar bait taking a hottie and making them uggy! And the sound effects stuff went to movies that HAD weird SFX. Not because an emotional weeper had a convincing door close at the right time.

I will say, the Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland wasn't a great film, but it was visually stunning. Nice to see some effect awards went to them.