Other Muppet Releases?

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
Anyone think if the Muppet Show sells well (which it seems to be), we'll see long lost muppet tv specials and maybe even the Muppets tonight?

Fraggle is just about a gurantee to sell well, so i'm curious as to which shows you think we might see from Disney. The Muppet library is pretty extensive.

AAO

Reaction score
I expect in the next 2 years, after they finally get so many of "The Muppet Show" season box sets out, they'll end up having a 2 disc set of "Muppet's Tonight" on account of its short run. Disney would consider it a "follow up show" to The Muppet Show.

Specials I wish they'd include would be like The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show or Muppets go to Disney world and or Hollywood - though teh hollywood special should come out around the time The Muppet Movie special edition comes out. It'd be a nice follow up as well. Henson's Dog City should come out as well...there's a few here and there I think they should release, but some I doubt would get bought...u know?

Ernie101

Reaction score
I think it's great how Disney is releasing so much since taking over The Muppets in 2004. I think it gives everyone a chance to see the things they could never see before, and to grab new fans into the mix.

The movies will be great, and I think the 2-disk account of Muppets Tonight would be awesome. I vaguely remember watching Muppets Tonight, since it's more in my generation.. or when I was a kid.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'd never seen Muppet's Tonight! so I really wanna see that. I'd also love to see The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson on DVD 'cause my tape of it is so old and missing the beginning. I'm really hoping for an un-edited version of Muppet Family Christmas and John Denver and the Muppets: Rocky Mountain Holiday. Then again, I'd like EVERY Muppet special on DVD... I would buy 'em all!

Ernie101

Reaction score
I think we all would :wink:

I have never seen, The Muppets celebrate Jim Henson.. Wow, I'd love to get my hands on that somehow.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
I hope we get Muppets Tonight and some of the 80's Muppets tv specials

AAO

Reaction score
You know, I watched Muppet's Tonight as much as possible...I remember seeing the first promo for it ... It was Kermit behind a black background with the logo for ABC in themiddle. An Elvis Muppet appears - you remember from the Muppet Fairy Tales video Disney made...which I thought was great in my days of Elementary school, anyway, Kermit was talking about Muppet's Tonight and how exciting it was going to be returning to television. I watched the first episode and I was confused by Clifford hosting. I thought, maybe Kermit's off that night? Then, the next episodes, Clifford hosted again and again! one very vague memory of the series was when Gonzo got an episode of The Muppet Babies mixed up with Seinfeld and it caused a dilemma....Seinfeld Babies....HILARIOUS! I remember them doing "Mahnamana"...Kermit was shown in his back office in that scene...and my all time favorite episode of Muppet's Tonight was when there was a mad bomber telling the Muppet's if their ratings went down, the studio would blow up! Irony: Guest was from the film "Speed" - Sandra Bullock...The Muppet's were doing a parody episode of "Speed"...Which I thought was hilarious....There was another episode where kermit was put in a "win a date with Kermit Contest".....the winner.....Gilber Godfried...It was a great episode as well....I enjoyed Pepe and Semoir...the elephant...whatever happened to him?!!! :eek: Then, the series went to Disney Channel for late night reruns...Then it just faded away....i though remember taping many episodes....some I've found adn some I've lost...and found....and some are just gone

AAO

Reaction score
These episodes of the Muppets Tonight series are great! The show could have done more if the series had used more "classic" Muppets. I missed seeing Sam's speeches, THe ELectric Mayhem, and the others!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
the jim henson hour/ little muppet monsters

Actually, if the entire Muppets Tonight series was released in one set, I think it would have to have three or four discs, since there were 20 episodes, and very few television series DVDs have more than 8 half-hour episodes per disc (The Storyteller DVD has all nine episodes on one disc, though). As for features, I think that all of the show promos should be included (if not all, than just the ones that were shown on TV before the series began, like the one that AAO mentioned or the one where Kermit opened the ABC logo and accidently saw Miss Piggy changing. it seems like there was a series of these promos) and maybe also some of the bumpers shown on TGIF (these would lead to the last commercial break. in one, Clifford says, "we'll be back for more TGIF", and Gonzo replies, "which will now stand for 'thank goodness i'm freaky'", while the other one had one of the extremes saying something i couldn't understand, and clifford says that that means we'll be back) and The Disney Channel.

Anyway, since I have already seen every episode of Muppets Tonight, I would rather have every episode of The Jim Henson Hour. Since the rights are split up between companies, i would be willing to have a one or two disc set with just the MuppeTelevision episodes (there were only 8 of them), plus Miss Piggys Hollywood, what Disney owns of The Secrets of the Muppets (disney probably owns more scenes than Henson does), and the introduction to Dog City as special features.

I would also like Muppet Morsels on these, and althouhg i don't care much for animated menus, they would be good to have if they bring back soem characters who don't get used much anymore, like Seymour and/ or Nigel The Director on Muppets Tongith or Digit and/ or Leon on The Jim Henson Hour. Muppet Morsels shoudl also be included.

I would also like to have Little Muppet Monsters on DVD. only 10 episodes were produced (althouhg some sources say 18), so 2 or 3 discs woudl work. although this show is really obscure (it didn't even have it's own section at henson.com, and I have a book on TV shows which doesn't even include information on this), the muppets could be used as a selling point. Just use the title and put the animated muppets on the cover, and also be sure to include the monsters somewhere (maybe have the monsters in the logo and the animated adult muppets in the center), and it could be sold. there should also be soem way for us to know which episodes were broadcast on television (after all, it seems like even hardcare fans don't actually own any epiosde besides the first one).

:flirt:

AAO

Reaction score
I AGREE! We need all our Muppet stuff out on DVDS...everyone else is doin it...let the Muppets get in on the green...Like Kermit says: "It's not easy *making* green.." I'm sorry, I meant, "*bein' green*".... The Muppets have so much that they could put out there...I'd love for them to have actual footage of behind the scenes of "Muppet Vision 3*D" or somehow have that intertwine with something with Jim Henson's works....I loved seeing tiny clips from it in "The World of Jim Henson" video...Seeing how they would work the digital puppet Waldo....I also wish they'd have new Muppet stuff come out...I DONT KNOW WHAT THOUGH! BUT I"m WISHING! :crazy: