Our New Puppet Web Series! Starship Sassafrass!

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Dr T will be so excited she made the list!! hee hee

cc
Say, who plays Gerdie?? I might be mistaking Gerdie for one of the puppet characters, but I'm talking about the human character on the show. I'm sure that I've already asked you this, but just to be sure...

crazy chris

Reaction score
Gerdie is actually the little pink character ... Dr T (Dr Ophelia Tottlebottom) is our human character. She was a major part of our puppet theater for years so our local fans love her ... We are trying not to make the humor too "inside" as far as our local fans allready knowing some of her eccentricities ... but i will explain her a bit...

She is a lover of birds and bird expert and has her doctorate in Ornithology. Throughout the show at the theater her obsession with all things birds led to many great shows ...one of which was a complete bird show (much like something you would see at a zoo) The reason for her being on starship sassafrass is that she is hunting for "Spirds" (space birds) which totally allude her and she never actually gets to see one even though at times they will pop up behind her for the audience to see...

She is also madly in love with Tom Selleck...lol... She used to have a line in our live show where she would talk about how handsome Gabby is... but note that he is "almost" as handsome as Tom Selleck... but still a bit less furry.

Dr T and Gabby are the only reoccuring characters from the puppet theater.... Gabby was always the star... a very important part of the show...and even had his face on the marquee sign... so we knew we had to have him along somehow...

https://imageshack.com/i/nm3eqpj
https://imageshack.com/i/mstdh7j
https://imageshack.com/i/nlz2wzj
https://imageshack.com/i/npulbej

We also had a Gabby puppet in the shows along with the big costumed guy you saw in the video

https://imageshack.com/i/n6nzp5ej

We even sold "hand puppets" of him in our gift shop

https://imageshack.com/i/nensx3ej

Last edited:

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Gerdie is actually the little pink character ... Dr T (Dr Ophelia Tottlebottom) is our human character. She was a major part of our puppet theater for years so our local fans love her ... We are trying not to make the humor too "inside" as far as our local fans allready knowing some of her eccentricities ... but i will explain her a bit...

She is a lover of birds and bird expert and has her doctorate in Ornithology. Throughout the show at the theater her obsession with all things birds led to many great shows ...one of which was a complete bird show (much like something you would see at a zoo) The reason for her being on starship sassafrass is that she is hunting for "Spirds" (space birds) which totally allude her and she never actually gets to see one even though at times they will pop up behind her for the audience to see...

She is also madly in love with Tom Selleck...lol... She used to have a line in our live show where she would talk about how handsome Gabby is... but note that he is "almost" as handsome as Tom Selleck... but still a bit less furry.

Dr T and Gabby are the only reoccuring characters from the puppet theater.... Gabby was always the star... a very important part of the show...and even had his face on the marquee sign... so we knew we had to have him along somehow...

We also had a Gabby puppet in the shows along with the big costumed guy you saw in the video

We even sold "hand puppets" of him in our gift shop
Interesting!! I've never been to one of your local shows, so, thanks for the info. But, who plays Dr. T?

crazy chris

Reaction score
Dr T is played by Tara Barton.... She teaches a gifted program at a local middle school and ive known her ever since kindergarten ...lolol

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Dr T is played by Tara Barton.... She teaches a gifted program at a local middle school and ive known her ever since kindergarten ...lolol
Ha ha!!! You've known her since kindergarten??!! Is she a member on MC?
ps- i edited the post and added links to pics
I saw that, and looked at all of them. But, really, hand puppets for 20 dollars? Ah, who am I kidding? Muppet puppets are around 30, so they deserve to be that price.

crazy chris

Reaction score
Ha ha!!! You've known her since kindergarten??!! Is she a member on MC?
No... shes not a puppeteer... and a very busy lady...lol

But, really, hand puppets for 20 dollars? Ah, who am I kidding? Muppet puppets are around 30, so they deserve to be that price.
Wow... Wow... im really surprised at you saying that... Im assuming that youve never gotten a quote on production cost of things like this for a small business.... We had VERY minimal mark up on what we paid to have these created (after paying the sales tax which was included in the price we actually broke even)... but i wanted something the kids could enjoy and remember us by

We sold out in the first weekend... and restocked every few weeks...

cc

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Wow... Wow... im really surprised at you saying that... Im assuming that youve never gotten a quote on production cost of things like this for a small business.... We had VERY minimal mark up on what we paid to have these created (after paying the sales tax which was included in the price we actually broke even)... but i wanted something the kids could enjoy and remember us by

We sold out in the first weekend... and restocked every few weeks...

cc
Welp, never mind.I meant that those were basically as good as Muppet puppets, once I changed my mind about the puppets.

crazy chris

Reaction score
hahaha ok... i was just surprised that you would think they were expensive ... we were always told that we were charging too little... but took great pride in offering them at an affordable price to our fans... we just wanted the little kids to have their own gabby... and to this day we still get emails with pictures of the kids with their puppets... its so cool!

cc

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
hahaha ok... i was just surprised that you would think they were expensive ... we were always told that we were charging too little... but took great pride in offering them at an affordable price to our fans... we just wanted the little kids to have their own gabby... and to this day we still get emails with pictures of the kids with their puppets... its so cool!

cc
Wow!! When did your puppet theater close, and what year did it open? Sounds like a thing so popular that would've run for a long time...