Out Of Fraggle Rock

King Prawn

Reaction score
I’m not feeling very well today, at least that’s what I said when I called into work yesterday morning. I really felt like having some alone time where I’m able to relax and stay at home. I usually only have free time long enough to actually relax on the weekends, which is when I’m usually out so I’ve really enjoyed the last two days here at home.

Anyway the plan yesterday was to catch up on the new Season of Lost and watch the new Season 3 episodes but as I watched them all I could think about was the new Fraggle movie, not so much the whole movie but at least the start, which I assume will take place in the actual Fraggle Rock. I started coming up with some ideas and eventually ended up writing them down, I wrote and I wrote and I ended up with a fifteen page story/script, which I normally wouldn’t have posted but it ended up being so long (and in my opinion and enjoyable read) that I decided to post it here.

I must apologise first for the layout of my story, I always write as though it were a script and I know that when it comes to fanfics that is not the best way to present your stories but every time I write, I’m so busy trying to imagine what the character would say or do more than adding details to the surroundings. It’s much easier this way for me, since I write down the dialog as it comes to me without having to stop every time and it’s also how I’m use to writing.

Seeing as it was a bit long, I tried to shorten it the most I could by not separating every line with a space in every case. At first it might seem a little hard to read and follow but once you get used to it you’ll be fine.

Anyway hope you enjoy what I’d imagine the first 10 minutes of the Fraggle Rock movie could be about. I’ve got some ideas on how it could progress into the real world but I doubt I’ll find anytime soon to sit down and write something like this again. Hopefully I’ll add more to this in the coming weeks but for now I hope you enjoy it.

You'll find the story in my next post

King Prawn

Reaction score
Part 1

Out Of Fraggle Rock

The movie begins with beautiful shots of what appears to be an abandoned Fraggle Rock, with the tune to Fraggle Rock being played in beautiful soft music (if possible) whilst different shots of the caves of Fraggle Rock are seen. We’ll see strange creatures roaming around through the walls and out of holes (as was usual on the show). Our focus is then brought to a Ballroom type area with a dance floor and table and chairs all constructed out of Doozer sticks. There we find Doozers eating at the tables and ballroom dancing with each other on the dance floor dancing along with the soft gentle music we have heard all this time. At a table we find Cotterpin and her father Flange Doozer sat down.

Cotterpin Doozer: I’m so glad we Doozers lightened up
Flange Doozer: me too, having these fun moments as you call them really works, it makes them work with that much more Doozer power afterwards
Cotterpin looks directly at the camera
Cotterpin Doozer: well at least we’re evolving

Cotterpin and Flange Doozer dance away onto the dance floor along with the other Doozers. We focus on the Doozers for a while, dancing away along with the music, when suddenly Wembley Fraggle is heard shouting from afar and running towards them. Once Wembley is heard shouting the soft music stops causing all the Doozers to stop dancing.

Wembley: (voice only) He’s coming back today! Wake up everybody he’s coming back (Wembley appears by the Doozers) he’s coming back today
Cotterpin Doozer: who’s coming back today
Wembley: why my best friend, Gobo!
Flange Doozer: Gobo? What’s a Gobo?

After Flange Doozer asks this, the proper and original tune to Fraggle Rock is heard

Wembley: Gobo’s a Fraggle and my best friend and he’s coming back today

Other Fraggle appear out of nowhere

Fraggle’s: Hip, Hip, Hooray Gobo’s Coming back today

Wembley and a few Fraggle’s sing a song (a much more hyper one than what we started off with) in celebration of Gobo returning. Once they’ve finished Wembley runs off screaming, he runs into his and Gobo’s room although Boober is now found sleeping in Gobo’s bed. As Wembley rushes into his room he falls down the stairs, when he land we hear Sprocket start barking and jump up in fear, Wembley who for some reason is held onto Sprockets tail is tossed by Sprocket and lands right on Boober who has been woken up in fear by Sprockets loud barking.

Wembley: (staring Boober straight in the face) morning Boober
Boober: Arrrgh! Get off me Wembley
Wembley: some one got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning
Boober: I’m not even out of bed yet! Why oh why did you agree to watch after the Dog

Wembley gets off Boober’s bed and starts petting Sprocket to calm him down. Sprocket is now relaxed and rubbing his head against Wembley.

Wembley: well Doc needed someone to watch over Sprocket since he was going on his honeymoon with Ms. Ardath and since my best friend left to explore those caves and his best friend left on his honeymoon I thought who better to take care of him than someone who knows what he must be going through right now
Boober: I still don’t understand those humans and their strange ways, I mean what’s a moon and besides that why’s it made of honey, honey’s only good for eating.
Wembley: well I’d like to go there one day… anyway come on get out of bed already
Mokey & Red then walk into the room looking as though they have just woken up

Red: was that dumb Dog barking again

Sprockets acts insulted

Wembley: see Red you hurt his feelings
Red: that stupid mutt doesn’t understand what I’m saying; I mean come on it’s sillier than the silly creatures themselves
Mokey: come on Red, silly creatures aren’t that silly, What about Doc?

Sprocket agrees with Mokey and looks at Red waiting for her reply, Red simply stares at Mokey who then break out in laughter

Mokey: well yes he is kind of silly

Red laughs along with her, Boober starts climbing out of bed

Boober: I can’t wait till I can go back to my own cave to sleep I hate having this four-legged alarm clock wake me up every morning
Mokey: oh Boober don’t be mean, Sprocket is a free spirit like me allow him to express himself as he wishes. Woof! Woof!

Red, Boober, Wembley & even Sprocket stay staring at her, Mokey then shrugs Sprocket as if to bark along with her and he does so

Red: (to Wembley) I think she finally lost it
Mokey: (offended) hey!
Red: I’m kidding, I’m kidding Mokey I love your free spirit, (looking at Sprocket) yours too
Boober: well I don’t, it’s annoying waking up to it every morning
Red: then why don’t you just move back to your own cave?
Boober: I can’t till Gobo gets back, Wembley’s afraid of the dark, what happens if he wakes up and sees he’s alone, we don’t want him to start being… well Wembley and he’d surly wake up the dog and it would start barking in the middle of the night waking up all of Fraggle Rock
Mokey: oh Boober how nice of you, our Fraggle Rock hero who protects as whilst we sleep
Wembley: (grabbing Boober and rubbing his head) now that’s a true blue friend right there (Boober struggles to get free and does so) but I’ve got good news, you don’t have to sleep here any longer… Gobo’s coming back today!
Red: today! I mean today?
Mokey: oh that’s right, he is coming back today, we better organise a party for his return
Boober: it’s seems like he’s been gone forever
Wembley: yeah he’s never been away this long
Red: it has been long hasn’t it?
Wembley: yep… 96 days to be precise
Mokey: oh I’ve missed him so much
Boober: me too… now I can finally go back to my own boring cave… I love it!
Wembley: I’m so excited he’s coming back today but I wonder when?
Red: I wonder if he’ll bring us anything?
Mokey: don’t think like that Red, just be happy he’s coming back
Boober: and besides he’s been out exploring unknown caves do you really want him bringing back some eight hundred year old moss?

At that point Large Marvin Fraggle pops his head through the caves window

Large Marvin: hey Guys, Gobo’s been spotted coming up one of the caves, he’ll be here any moment

The Fraggle’s begin to get excited and nervous at the same time especially Wembley

Wembley: oh no he’s here so soon
Mokey: I haven’t even started planning a welcome home party for him
Boober: I was going to bake a delicious radish cake
Wembley: well at least maybe we can have the welcome back song ready for when he comes (to Large Marvin) go waking up all the Fraggle’s, get them ready

King Prawn

Reaction score
Large Marvin: check
Wembley: come on guys at least lets give him a song
Fraggle’s: Yeah!

They all the run off leaving Sprocket behind who barks and then runs after them. Moving on to the next scene, we find an abandoned cave tunnel where we hear the tune of Fraggle Rock being whistled. Our focus then comes on a cave creature running around on the ground, as it runs off camera an orange foot comes into focus. The camera could then go moving upwards, revealing Gobo’s body until we get to Gobo’s face and find that he’s the one whistling the tune to Fraggle Rock. Gobo walks down the tunnel (as seen at the start of the opening sequence in every show). As he comes to the actual Fraggle Rock he is greeted in song by all the Fraggle’s (mainly Wembley, Boober, Red & Mokey) as well as Sprocket. The Fraggle’s sing a song in honour of Gobo’s return titled “Welcome Back To Fraggle Rock” which will also be a song referring to us coming back to Fraggle Rock after all these years.

After the song comes to an end…

Gobo: it’s great to see you guys again, I’ve missed you… all of you

The Fraggle Five hug, Large Marvin then joins the hug. They all look at each other as though he were a little out of place in their hug but they then welcome him into the hug. Other Fraggle’s after seeing this start to hug The Fraggle Five as Large Marvin did until Red finally puts a stop to it

Red: hey get off me, what kind of Rock do you think this is!

Gobo laughs

Gobo: I see Red’s still her usual self
Mokey: everyone is still their usual self, nothing has changed since you left Gobo

Sprocket starts licking Gobo

Boober: except now we’re the ones looking after the Mutt not that silly creature
Red: and those dumb Gorgs finally realised there was a village full of Gorgs just a little further down the valley and left their castle behind to go live with them
Gobo: are they still King & Queen of the Universe?
Boober: they’re more like the village idiots

All the Fraggle laugh

Mokey: well to be fair I think it’s only Junior
Red: no trust me Mokey it’s all three of them

The Fraggle’s start to laugh again

Gobo: I missed this, making fun of the Gorgs with you guys, it gets lonely out there exploring the great unknown all by yourself, I wish you guys had come with me… I made great progress in mapping out more hidden Fraggle caves on the Fraggle Map…
Red: (interrupting) now this I didn’t miss… your boring exploring stories
Wembley: ha boring exploring that rhymes

Gobo looks at Wembley who then stops laughing

Gobo: you know what Red; I’m tired if my stories bore you why don’t you just leave
Red: gladly

Red starts to walk off

Gobo: she gets me so angry, I mean I’ve just got back and she…
Mokey: oh pay no attention to Red, that’s just her silly little way of showing you she’s glad you’re back
Gobo: I guess so

Red stops walking away and turns round and yells at Gobo

Red: hey Gobo!
Gobo: yeah Red
Red: I’ll see you tonight just before I go to bed… maybe you can read me one of your Uncle Matt’s letters from Outer Space… that always bores me to sleep
Gobo: (completely ignoring her) that reminds me, I’ve got to do something a moment… excuse me

Gobo starts to walk away

Boober: what’s so important that he has to do right now?
Wembley: yeah I mean I want to spend some time with my best friend
Mokey: well lets follow him then
Wembley: yeah

Mokey, Wembley & Sprocket head off behind Gobo. Boober stays behind

Mokey: are you coming Boober?
Boober: no I’ve had enough excitement for one day; I’m going to get a head start on the laundry today

We cut to Gobo walking towards the hole in the wall that leads to Doc’s Old workshop. Wembley, Mokey & Sprocket are seen running behind him as Gobo ducks to go under the pipe

Wembley: Gobo wait up, wait for us

Gobo turns around as Wembley bangs his head against the pipe

Wembley: ouch!

Mokey and Wembley along with Sprocket walk up to Gobo

Gobo: glad you guys decided to come along
Wembley: well you just got back; we want to spend some time with you.
Gobo: that’s nice
Wembley: Tell us about the hidden caves; were there anything special in them?
Gobo: actually yes

Gobo starts to bring something out of his pocket, a cave creature passes by and Sprocket starts to bark at it. Wembley tries to calm him down and grabs a hold of his tail but regrets doing so when Sprocket runs after the cave creature dragging Wembley along with him. Gobo brings out five crystals (red, blue, purple, green and orange)

Gobo: (to Mokey) there were a bunch of these in one cave
Mokey: those are beautiful Gobo
Gobo: grab one; I got them for you guys
Mokey: oh how thoughtful of you

Mokey kisses Gobo on the cheek and picks up the purple crystal. Gobo smiles at her and puts the crystals back in his pocket and they both start walking. Wembley riding Sprocket is then seen running after them

Wembley: hey wait for us
Mokey: so Gobo where is it exactly we’re going?
Gobo: We’re going to see if my Uncle Matt has sent any letters to me whilst I’ve been gone
Wembley: you’ve been gone a long time; there must be a ton of letters for you to read

Gobo: I hope so, since it had been 14 days since I had received his last letter before I left to explore the caves
Mokey: oh I’m sure he’s fine. Your Uncle Travelling Matt is one of the bravest …
Wembley: and smartest…
Mokey: well bravest is a definite
Gobo: hey
Mokey: I’m sure his fine Gobo. They’ll be a stack of letter waiting for you when we get there
Gobo: lets hope so

Gobo, Wembley, Mokey & Sprocket reach the hole in the wall leading to Doc’s old workshop

Gobo: well here we are, this sure does bring back memories

Gobo walks into the room. Mokey & Wembley would usually have stayed behind but go in with him this time. Sprocket tries to follow when he sees his and Doc’s old workshop and tries to fit through the hole but can only manage to get his head through before he stays stuck

Wembley: I’m so glad no one ever came to live here after Doc moved out… I mean now even I’m brave enough to come into Outer Space

Wembley stands in a heroic pose but Sprocket who is just behind him with his head stuck in the hole, barks and scares Wembley causing him to fall onto the ground. Mokey laughs as she helps him up

Mokey: I agree Wembley, I love that we can at least feel the thrill of coming into outer space where only one brave Fraggle has ever decided to go… Uncle Travelling Matt… aren’t I right Gobo… (Gobo doesn’t respond) Gobo?

We find Gobo standing by the door, which leads outside, and looking up in disappointment. Mokey & Wembley come up to him and notice his disappointment

Wembley: why what’s wrong Gobo? you look way to sad for a Fraggle
Mokey: I think it’s the lack of postcards from his uncle Wembley
Wembley: I’m not his uncle

Mokey just stares at him for a while

Wembley: (figuring it out) oh
Gobo: this can’t be, nothings come through the magic window (referring to the letterbox) he’s never stopped writing to me for such an amount of time… are you sure nobody’s been getting my postcards from Uncle Matt?
Wembley: not that we know of
Mokey: uh no I don’t think so
Gobo: I’m starting to think something’s happened to him, what if he’s hurt, what if he’s in trouble?
Mokey: relax Gobo I’m sure there’s a logical explanation for this… maybe someone has kindly been picking your letters for you and keeping them for when you got back
Gobo: (angry) Red

Gobo marches angrily back to the hole and to Fraggle Rock. Wembley & Mokey follow him but they can’t get through due to Sprocket still being stuck in the hole. Gobo starts pushing him back in, Mokey & Wembley then help him and manage to squeeze him back in and enter Fraggle Rock themselves. Our next scene finds Red by the Fraggle pond preparing to dive from the top of a very high rock with many other Fraggle’s watching below

Red: And now I Red Fraggle will summersault from this rock, the highest any Fraggle has ever jumped from before and land perfectly in the Fraggle pool below me. Fraggle judges are you Ready!

We see three Fraggle judges with scorecards. Large Marvin, The Storyteller & Lou Fraggle. They all give Red thumbs up

Red: Okay here I go

As Red jumps off the Rock we hear Gobo’s voice yell out

King Prawn

Reaction score
Gobo: (voice only) Red Fraggle

This throws Red off and as she jumps off the rock and is landing into the Fraggle pond, she makes a complete mess of her dive. Red lands in the Fraggle pond where Gobo, Wembley & Mokey are waiting for her when she comes back up from the water. Her first reaction is to look at what score she got, each Fraggle gives her no more than a 3/10

Red: what! He through me off, I want a do over
Gobo: (interrupting her) Red, I just want you to tell me yes or no. Have you been taking my Uncle Matt’s postcards whilst I’ve been gone?
Red: (a little shocked at how angry Gobo looks) No, no I haven’t… if I were going to steal anything I’d steal something worth stealing
Gobo: my Uncle’s in trouble and all you can do is make jokes

Gobo just walks away. As Gobo walks away Boober comes up to the other Fraggle’s

Boober: what’s going on here?
Red: that’s what I’d like to know
Mokey: Gobo thinks something may have happened to his Uncle Matt
Wembley: he hasn’t received a postcard from him in days… in days!
Boober: Matt’s in trouble? That’s terrible

All the Fraggle’s stare at the direction Gobo has left in. We then see Gobo in his room preparing his exploring gear nervously, as he does so Mokey, Boober, Wembley & Red enter the room

Mokey: are you okay Gobo?

Wembley runs up next to Gobo and starts following him everywhere he goes inside the room

Wembley: what are you doing Gobo? (Wembley sees Gobo packing) where are you going?

Gobo continues to angrily pack and ignores him. Mokey walks down the stairs and towards Gobo she grabs him and stares him in the face

Mokey: stop it, now we’re your friends and we’re trying to help you so talk to us

Gobo realises he’s being a jerk

Gobo: I’m sorry guys, it’s just I’ve been away all this time, worried that my Uncle Matt might be in trouble and I was out there exploring instead of helping him and being alone for 96 days gives you a lot of time to think and well I thought things I hoped would not be true, I was convinced I’d get back and their would be a ton of postcards but now that I see that there isn’t… I’m worried guys. I’m worried my Uncles Matt’s in danger and he needs my help
Boober: so what are you planning on doing?
Gobo: I’m going after him?
Wembley: where?
Gobo: you know where… into outer space

The Fraggle’s are all shocked by Gobo’s announcement

Red: what! Gobo are you insane?
Boober: yeah I agree with Red I mean what are you thinking going into Outer Space
Mokey: you don’t know what’s out there Gobo
Red: yeah Gobo listen to Mokey. You might be a great explorer of the Fraggle caves but that’s outer space… it’s a very different and dangerous place compared to Fraggle Rock

Boober: and it’s inhabited by silly creatures
Gobo: well I don’t care, my Uncle’s in trouble and he needs my help. I’m going after him whether you guys like it or not.

Gobo starts to leave the room

Wembley: where are you going Gobo?
Gobo: I’m going to gather a few supplies, pack my gear and I’m off
Wembley: today! Your leaving today but you only just got back
Gobo: (as he leaves the room) I’m sorry Wembley but I don’t know how much time my Uncles been waiting for me to come rescue him. I need to leave as soon as I can…

Gobo voices fades away; we’re left with Mokey, Wembley, Boober & Red.

Mokey: oh no, this is terrible
Red: and you know Gobo, there isn’t any changing his mind once it’s made up… and its looks to me like his minds pretty made up
Boober: I agree but we can’t let him go… can we? I mean that’s like handing him over to a Gorg
Wembley: we need to do something guys
Red: I know! We can visit the Trash Heap for advice
Mokey: excellent idea Red… lets go

Mokey and Red begin to walk away. Boober begins to follow but stops when Wembley whistles and Sprocket comes running up to him

Boober: do we have to bring the dog?
Wembley: he could use some fresh air in the Gorgs garden
Boober: technically it’s not their garden anymore… it’s ours
Wembley: you’re right; it’s the Fraggle’s Garden

Mokey, Red, Boober, Wembley & Sprocket are seen walking up the cave tunnel that leads to the Gorgs old Garden. Light from outside is already coming in lighting the cave a bit more.

Boober: I’m so glad those ugly Gorgs left; now even I feel safe enough to be in the Gorg’s garden
Wembley: I hear that… it’s great not having those Gorgs chase you every time you want to pick a radish
Mokey: and it was nice of the Trash Heap to show us where we could find all those radish seeds Junior threw away

The Fraggle’s reach the end of the tunnel, they look out to where the Gorg’s garden used to be and there are loads of Fraggle’s acting as farmers growing Radishes and plants in the Gorg’s old garden. The Four Fraggle’s look out at them.

Red: and I’m glad we grow our own radishes now

They jump out of the hole and into the Garden where as soon as they reach the Fraggle “farmers” they burst into music about how “It’s not all sing and play sometime you’ve got to work”. Mokey, Boober, Wembley, Red & Sprocket join them as the Fraggle Farmers dance their cares away in song.
As the song comes to an end, Sprocket is nowhere to be found. We hear Philo’s voice from afar

Philo: (voice only) Stop right there!

We cut to the Trash heap. Philo and Gunge are trying to protect her from Sprocket who has lift his leg as if he were about to pee on the all knowing Trash Heap

Gunge: stop it! Don’t you dare
Philo: How many times must we tell you?

Philo & Gunge: This is the all knowing all mighty Trash Heap

Gunge: yeah… not your personnel toilet
Philo: Yeah!

Sprocket lowers his leg and walks away ashamed. Wembley, Mokey, Boober & Red come up to the Trash Heap

Philo: Marjory you’ve got visitors
Gunge: yeah, visitors who better keep an eye on that creature from the real world of yours before I…
Red: (mean) before what?
Gunge: Ah! (Hiding behind the Trash Heap) Marjory
Philo: yeah it was going to do it’s business all over Marjory as if she were a pile of trash (realising what he’s said) I’m sorry Marjory
Trash Heap: forget about it, that’s what I am a pile of trash, though I know all and I see all and I’m the most beautiful pile of garbage you’ll ever see around

Philo & Gunge laugh

Trash Heap: so what brings you little Fraggle’s here to see me?
Mokey: well madam Trash Heap our friend Gobo
Trash Heap: oh young Gobo
Philo: that’s the explorer right?
Gunge: yeah I think so
Red: yep that’s the explorer all right; he wants to go explore outer space
Trash Heap: ah following in his Uncle’s footsteps, another brave Fraggle venturing out to explore the great unknown
Wembley: are you siding with him? Are you saying what he’s doing is right?
Gunge: hey are you questioning the all knowing
Philo: the almighty

Philo & Gunge: Trash Heap

Wembley: no, no I didn’t mean any disrespect
Trash Heap: I’ll handle this boys (to Wembley) do not apologise young Fraggle, ask me what you feel needs to be questioned
Wembley: well with all due respect madam Trash Heap I think going into Outer Space is rather dangerous and stupid even… he doesn’t know what’s out there
Trash Heap: Nobody knows where they are going when one is an explorer and is that not what your friend Gobo is an explorer, if he wants to explore let him, if that’s what he wants to do and besides his Uncle didn’t know what was out there neither and look at him now, he’s been travelling all over outer space and he’s just fine, he’s handling himself just fine.
Red: (sarcastic) yeah he’s a real expert
Trash Heap: what do you mean young Fraggle?
Mokey: that’s the reason he’s setting out into outer space madam Heap, he believes his Uncle is in trouble and needs his help
Trash Heap: oh that changes everything then,

The Fraggle’s all look at each other happily thinking the Trash Heap now agrees with them

Trash Heap: if you ever think someone needs your help and there’s something you think you can do about it then don’t hold back, you have to do it
Boober: are you saying he should go into outer space? But it’s… that’s crazy
Philo & Gunge: are you calling the Trash Heap crazy!

They both start throwing stuff at Boober

Trash Heap: boys stop, stop it, and let the young Fraggle’s speak their minds
Red: so you think it’s a good idea that Gobo’s going into outer space?
Trash Heap: I’d encourage it, he must help his Uncle… helping each other is one of the thing Fraggle’s do best

Mokey: and what is it we could do to help him?
Trash Heap: as much as you think you can do… now as for me it’s time for my show to start so be off little Fraggle’s and take care out there

King Prawn

Reaction score
The Trash Heap goes down into the ground as she usually does, The Fraggle looks at Philo & Gunge confused

Philo: we get free cable now

Gunge pokes Philo

Gunge: satellite stupid
Philo: right, yeah satellite

The Fraggle’s just stare at them

Gunge: we mean…
Philo & Gunge: The Trash Heap has spoken
Gunge: now scram
Philo: yeah

The Four Fraggle’s start making their way back to Fraggle Rock. Sprocket runs after them. Once they’ve left the Trash Heap comes back up

Trash Heap: are you coming in to watch the show with me or not?
Philo: yeah give us a minute we just need to finish making the popcorn
Gunge: hey Marjory what do you think about that Gobo Fraggle going into outer space, do you think he’ll be okay?
Trash Heap: correction, they believe it is outer space when in fact it is just the real world
Philo: the real world? What’s that?
Trash Heap: lets just say it’s a place very much unlike Fraggle Rock where peace and harmony are not as easy to be found

We fade out to the Fraggle’s walking down the tunnel back to Fraggle Rock from the Gorg’s garden

Red: can you believe the Trash Heap actually think it’s sensible for Gobo to go into outer space, that just seems wrong and stupid to me
Boober: and I thought she was all knowing
Mokey: well she did make some sense, as Fraggle we’re all about helping one another and if Gobo feels he needs to help his Uncle even if it means doing something foolish like going into outer space then we should support him on his decision
Wembley: yeah that’s what being a friend is all about
Red: well I guess your right, we should support him if he feels he really needs to do this, but I bet Matt’s fine he’s probably got so board of his crazy stories himself that he’s stopped writing them
Boober: I agree, Gobo is like a brother to me, if he’s not happy I’m not happy and if this is something he needs to do to be happy then he should do it no matter how crazy and scary it might be
Mokey: I’m glad you all feel this way because we’re going too!
Boober: we were never really that close
Mokey: Boober don’t be like that
Red: I kind of agree with Boober
Boober: you do?
Red: Mokey… I mean sure I hope Gobo’s Uncle is okay but if Gobo wants to go to outer space in search of his Uncle I’ll support him as his friend but I am not going out there myself… I not a stupid Fraggle
Wembley: it’s kind of scary to be honest Mokey… I mean outer space
Mokey: listen to you guys… well I’m going, Gobo is my friend and I’m going with him

Mokey leaves along with Sprocket. Wembley, Red & Boober stay standing in their place just looking at each other

Wembley: I feel really bad
Boober: maybe it’s something you ate
Red: he means about Gobo
Boober: oh
Wembley: you know what, I agree with Mokey. Gobo’s my friend… I’m going too

Wembley runs after Mokey

Wembley: hey Mokey wait up I’m coming to outer space too

We focus on Red & Boober who simply look at each other and follow after Mokey & Wembley

Red: this is not turning out to be the day I thought it would

As the Fraggle’s walk off we focus on the Doozers building just behind them; Cotterpin Doozer and Flange Doozer are busy working on something, which Cotterpin does not look very interested in

Cotterpin Doozer: you know I think something’s wrong with the Fraggle’s
Flange Doozer: oh Cotterpin you silly little Doozers, Fraggle’s only know how to have fun, all they do is play and have fun all day, you can never have a problem if that’s all you do, therefore Fraggle’s never have problems
Cotterpin Doozer: you’re wrong daddy, something is wrong

At that point the Worlds Oldest Fraggle passes by along with his assistant, they stop just by the Doozers as they have the following conversation

Worlds Oldest Fraggle: are you sure he’s planning on travelling to outer space?
Assistant: I’m positive
World Oldest Fraggle: well if you’re wrong you know what will happen to you don’t you? (Assistant Fraggle shrugs his shoulders and the Worlds Oldest Fraggle hits him on the head with his stick). Bong!

We go back to the Doozers

Cotterpin Doozer: wow did you hear that, a Fraggle’s going into outer space!
Flange Doozer: outer Space, that’s ridiculous, who’d ever want to go to outer space
Cotterpin Doozer: me
Flange Doozer: oh don’t be foolish Cotterpin, a Doozer in Space… that’s just absurd
Cotterpin Doozer: I’ll show you foolish

Cotterpin Doozer then runs and jumps off the Doozer tower grabbing onto The Worlds Oldest Fraggle’s stick. She waves bye to her dad as she leaves with the Worlds Oldest Fraggle and his assistant in search of Gobo.

Flange Doozer: Cotterpin Nooooooo! Come back! Oh no this is terrible, that girls always getting in trouble (Two Doozers walk by) Crosscut, Wrench quick go get the Doozer Mobile we have a situation
Crosscut Doozer: what’s that sir
Flange Doozer: my little girls gone crazy

Both Doozer look at each other

Crosscut/Wrench Doozer: right?
Flange Doozer: (getting angry) just go, quick go

Both Doozer run off, Wingnut Doozer (Cotterpin’s Mother) comes up to her husband Flange.

Wingnut Doozer: what’s wrong honey?
Flange Doozer: nothing sweetheart, relax I’ve got this all under control
Wingnut Doozer: Flange talk to me, what’s going on?
Flange Doozer: it’s Cotterpin
Wingnut Doozer: (much more concerned than before) what about her?

Flange Doozer: well she’s run away
Wingnut Doozer: What! Why? Where?
Flange Doozer: she’s run off with the Fraggle’s into outer space

Wingnut Doozer is speechless and simply faints onto the ground; Flange Doozer immediately goes and helps her. We then see Gobo & Wembley’s room. Gobo is seen packing as the Worlds Oldest Fraggle and his Assistant enter the room, as they enter the Worlds Oldest Fraggle’s assistant yells…

Assistant: make way for the great and worthy oldest Fraggle in all of Fraggle Rock

The Worlds Oldest Fraggle steps into the room but first keeps his eye on his assistant

World’s Oldest Fraggle: I don’t need such a long and loud entrance (he hits him once again on the head with his stick, we see Cotterpin Doozer fly off onto a pile of laundry) not this time anyway… There’s only one Fraggle
Assistant: well I didn’t…

Gobo, who has been watching them all this time, interrupts them

Gobo: can I help you with anything? I’m kind of in the middle of something here

The Worlds Oldest Fraggle walks up to Gobo

Worlds Oldest Fraggle: are the rumours going around Fraggle Rock true?
Gobo: rumours?

The Worlds Oldest Fraggle’s Assistant steps in

Assistant: the one that you’re heading off into outer space

The Worlds Oldest Fraggle looks at him

World’s Oldest Fraggle: I wanted to ask him

The Worlds Oldest Fraggle just stays staring at his assistant

Assistant: I know, I know

He grabs The Worlds Oldest Fraggle’s stick and hits himself on the head. The Worlds Oldest Fraggle then continues to talk to Gobo

World’s Oldest Fraggle: that’s what you call whooped
Gobo: I see
Worlds Oldest Fraggle: so is it true then??
Gobo: yeah it’s true

We see Cotterpin in the background happy as she hears the news

Worlds Oldest Fraggle: are you insane! Why would you go do a thing like that?
Gobo: well…
Worlds Oldest Fraggle: you’re Uncle Matt is already doing that for us, what need is there for another Fraggle to head off into Outer space?
Gobo: well if you let me tell you…
Worlds Oldest Fraggle: it’s just insane! Tell him (to his assistant) isn’t it insane!
Assistant: (to Gobo) your insane
Gobo: I don’t see what’s crazy about wanting to go into outer space and rescue my uncle
World’s Oldest Fraggle: Matt’s in trouble?
Gobo: Yep

The Worlds Oldest Fraggle remains quiet for a moment and then hits his assistant on the head with his stick

King Prawn

Reaction score
Assistant: what was that for?
World Oldest Fraggle: for calling him insane… when in fact he’s about to do one of the noblest things any Fraggle has ever done in all my years as a Fraggle
Assistant: and what’s that?

World Oldest Fraggle looks at him angrily but does not hit him with the stick

Worlds Oldest Fraggle: I’m about to get to that… Anyway, heading into the most dangerous place known to Fraggle’s simply to save another of our own is what I call a real Fraggle (when he finishes speaking he hits his assistant on the head with his stick) I owed you won
Gobo: so is there anything else you need? I’m kind of busy
Worlds Oldest Fraggle: when are you planning to leave?
Gobo: right now

We see Cotterpin Doozer in the background. She runs up to Gobo’s backpack and jumps in just before he picks it up. Gobo then starts to walk away

Worlds Oldest Fraggle: wait!
Gobo: (stopping) what?
Worlds Oldest Fraggle: you can’t leave, not yet. Not without a great big Fraggle goodbye… in song!

The Worlds Oldest Fraggle breaks into song “That’s A Real Fraggle”. He follows Gobo singing behind him along with his assistant into the great hall where other Fraggle’s start to find out that Gobo is heading into Outer Space and join along singing. Throughout the song Gobo is trying to look for his friends Mokey, Wembley, Boober & Red but cannot find them anywhere. As the song reaches an end Gobo finds himself standing in front of all of Fraggle Rock just before he heads out into outer space.

Worlds Oldest Fraggle: any words before you venture into the great unknown?
Gobo: (looking around for his friends) yeah, if you see my friends tell them I’m sorry and we’ll spend a whole lot of time catching up when I get back with my Uncle

All the Fraggle’s Cheer

Worlds Oldest Fraggle: oh how heroic, how brave, true words spoken by a hero
Assistant: (interrupting him) he didn’t say much
Worlds Oldest Fraggle: I know, I was just trying to add some drama to the moment

The Worlds Oldest Fraggle hits his assistant on the head with his stick once again. He then realises Gobo has began walking away and begins to wave goodbye, soon all of Fraggle Rock is waving and cheering Gobo on as he leads into Outer Space. After Gobo leaves his Fraggle friends rush towards the Fraggle pool moments later where they find Large Marvin.

Red: hey Marvin, Large Marvin have you seen Gobo anywhere?
Mokey: we’ve looked everywhere for him and can’t find him
Large Marvin: oh he left five minutes ago, we all sang a lovely goodbye song for him just before he left, you should have heard it…
Red: (cutting him off) oh no, he’s already left
Wembley: we must go after him before he gets into Outer Space

Sprocket, Mokey, Wembley & Red run off. Boober looks at Large Marvin

Boober: oh why do I keep running behind them?

And with that runs after them

Gobo is seen walking towards the entrance into Outer Space (Doc’s Workshop). As he makes his way he hears voices yelling out at him

Fraggle’s: Gobo, hey Gobo wait up!

Gobo turns round and finds Mokey, Red, Wembley, Boober & Sprocket running behind him

Gobo: (very happy) am I glad to see you guys
Boober: I was kind of hoping we wouldn’t catch you actually
Mokey: (elbows Boober) Boober!

Gobo looks puzzled

Wembley: I can’t believe you were going to leave without us, you weren’t even going to say goodbye?
Gobo: I’m sorry guys, I was looking for you but I haven’t got time to waste, I need to save my Uncle, he needs me
Red: but what even makes you so sure your Uncle needs your help, maybe he just hasn’t had time to write…
Gobo: trust me he’s in trouble

Gobo starts to walk towards the hole, which leads to Doc’s workshop, which can now be seen. The other Fraggle’s walk behind them

Mokey: Gobo have you even thought of how dangerous Outer Space can be
Wembley: yeah this is like a whole other world
Gobo: (stopping by the hole) listen, if you’ve just come here to try and make me change my mind and stay here then you’re wasting your time
Mokey: no not at all Gobo, if this is something you feel you need to do then we’re with you
Wembley: in fact we’re behind you all the way

Mokey & Wembley look at Red

Red: yeah, yeah I guess so, all for one and one for all yadda, yadda, yadda
Gobo: I don’t understand…. What do you mean?
Wembley: what we mean is we’re going with you buddy
Gobo: (looking confused) I don’t know what to say
Mokey: don’t say anything, that look of happiness on your face is thanks enough and yes you’re welcome
Gobo: (looks at Mokey still confused) I’m grateful that you all offered to come but I didn’t expect any of you to come with me all the way into Outer Space, this is something I want to do, not you guys and I’m not trying to be a mean Gorg here but I don’t want you to come.
Boober: problem solved then we’re not going
Gobo: I mean it’s dangerous out there, I don’t know what’s out there and you guys are no explorers, My Uncle Matt, he’s a great explorer and something’s happened to him out there. So I’m sorry guys I don’t think you’d be able to cope with the dangers of outer space, you’ll need to stay here… I need to do this alone
Boober: there goes one brave Fraggle
Wembley: Boober!
Boober: what he doesn’t want us coming?

Gobo starts walking into Doc’s workshop. The rest of the Fraggle’s follow him, except Boober who stands by the entrance and Sprocket who’s head stays stuck in the hole as he tries to enter the workshop. Boober looks at Sprocket

Boober: you’re lucky; you have a reason for not coming

Sprocket struggles to get free and manages to wiggle himself out of the hole and back into Fraggle Rock. Boober crosses his arms and just stares forward.

Boober: Lucky Dog

Moment later we hear someone running. Boober looks around to see where the noise is coming from but suddenly Sprocket breaks through the wall and as he bursts into Doc’s Workshop he hits Boober with his head, which causes Boober to go flying across the room and bang himself against the door. Our attention is then brought to Mokey, Wembley & Red blocking Gobo from getting to the door

Mokey: Gobo this is not something that you just want to do, we’re your friends and if you’re going that means we want to go too
Gobo: thanks Mokey but there’s really no need…
Red: just tell us one thing, why do you think your Uncle is in so much trouble?

Gobo (brings out a postcard) this is the last postcard I received from my Uncle

Gobo then begins to read Uncle Travelling Matt’s letter, which will explain where he is and why Gobo thinks he is in trouble. It will be obvious to us the viewers as to where he is but the Fraggle’s, unfamiliar with the real world will have no idea, it will also fit in very well with the original series. I don’t feel like getting into all this now, I’ll leave this part out for now and continue on it if I decide to continue this fanfic

Wembley: wow! That actually seems pretty cool
Gobo: trust me he doesn’t want to be there and ever since then, they’ve had him locked up somewhere and aren’t letting him send me any postcards in fear that I might come rescue him
Red: do you really think the silly creatures are going to be afraid of you?
Gobo: I don’t know but I plan to find out

Gobo starts walking towards the door

Wembley: Gobo are you sure you don’t want us to come with you?
Gobo: I’m sure, I can do this

Gobo then reaches the door and just stands there, after a while Wembley comments

Wembley: errrrm Gobo aren’t you going?
Gobo: I can’t
Wembley: why?
Gobo: I don’t know how to get this thing (door) open

Sprocket starts pointing at the doorknob whilst barking and jumping up and down

Mokey: I think you need to turn that thing
Gobo: it’s so high
Red: I’ve got an idea

The scene cuts to a few moments later, where we see the Fraggle’s standing one on top of the other, making a sort of ladder so they can reach the doorknob. They’re in the same order (one standing on top of the other) as the following dialog…

Mokey: lets try to make this quick you guys, my shoulders are killing me
Wembley: I wonder if the silly creatures have to do this all the time in outer space.
Red: Boober your feet stink
Boober: (sarcastic) sorry Red I was to busy washing your dirty cloths to wash my smelly feet
Gobo: (turning the door knob) this thing won’t open
Boober: maybe if you turn that other thing beneath it (Door Latch)

Gobo turns it and they all fall back whilst the door opens slightly

Gobo: good work guys, we got it open
Wembley: you see Gobo; you do need us, without us you couldn’t have even got to outer space. This is something I am not going to Wimble about, we’re going and that’s final.

Wembley stays breathless

Boober: the one time I want you to Wimble out and you don’t
Gobo: do you guys really want to come?
Boober: well no…

Red puts her hand over Boober’s mouth

Red: of course we’re coming; we aren’t going to let you go out there alone, no matter how dumb of an idea this is
Gobo: well then, I hope you know what you’re in for
Wembley: you mean we can come?
Gobo: yes you can come

Wembley jumps onto Gobo and hugs him causing them both to fall down again

Wembley: Whoopee!
Mokey: this is so exciting; we’re actually going into Outer Space
Red: yeah I’m kind of excited myself now really
Gobo: Boober are you coming to?
Boober: (thinks for a moment) I guess so but only if I get to ride on the Dog

Boober makes his way onto Sprocket’s back. The Fraggle’s all stand by the door, which is now slightly open

Gobo: well guys this is it… welcome to Outer Space

Gobo opens the door revealing “Outer Space” to the Fraggle’s for the first time

:smirk: The End :excited:

Eventually the Doozers in the Doozer Mobile would find the open door leading into Outer Space and head out there themselves in the Doozer Mobile

Collgoff

Reaction score
Sounds like a good beginging for the fraggle rock movie.
But what happens next after the fraggle 5 and Sprocket step out the door in the old workshop into our world?