"Out to Lunch"

redmans

Reaction score
I've been looking for a video of this special for quite a while. It's called "Out to Lunch". It was a co-production of the Sesame Street Muppets and The Electric Company show and it was on ABC. The concept was that when everybody at ABC went out for their lunch, the SS and EC crew took over for the hour. I recorded it on audiocassette when it first came on, and I just recently found that. It had some pretty cute Muppet bits in it that (to my knowledge) haven't been performed since, including Ernie and Bert co-hosting "60 Seconds: a Magazine for Television" and Reporter Kermit's interview with Grover Knover and his quest to jump the Grand Canyon. It also included guest stars Elliott Gould, Barbara Eden, and "special surprise guest star" Carol Burnett.

Does anybody here even remember seeing this? It's not mentioned in the IMDB, and all a Google search pulled up about it was on a site that talks about fictional gameshows (there was a skit with a show called "Give It Back"), and a reprint of a TV Guide interview with Elliott Gould in December 1974 where he talks about his appearance on the show.

If anybody has a copy of this on video, please let me know.

Thanks!
Tony

zns

Reaction score
I've been looking for a video of this special for quite a while. It's called "Out to Lunch". It was a co-production of the Sesame Street Muppets and The Electric Company show and it was on ABC. The concept was that when everybody at ABC went out for their lunch, the SS and EC crew took over for the hour. I recorded it on audiocassette when it first came on, and I just recently found that. It had some pretty cute Muppet bits in it that (to my knowledge) haven't been performed since, including Ernie and Bert co-hosting "60 Seconds: a Magazine for Television" and Reporter Kermit's interview with Grover Knover and his quest to jump the Grand Canyon. It also included guest stars Elliott Gould, Barbara Eden, and "special surprise guest star" Carol Burnett.

Does anybody here even remember seeing this? It's not mentioned in the IMDB, and all a Google search pulled up about it was on a site that talks about fictional gameshows (there was a skit with a show called "Give It Back"), and a reprint of a TV Guide interview with Elliott Gould in December 1974 where he talks about his appearance on the show.

If anybody has a copy of this on video, please let me know.

Thanks!
Tony
Say, could you upload the audio that you have?