Out With the Old, In With the New! The New Year's Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh, since @Schfifty mentioned his broken dream cast:

That reminds me. This year, I was setting up a cheap wired bookshelf from Target. Two poles slipped; one almost destroyed my Samsung TV, but the other destroyed my old ps2 memory card, erasing everything. Thank GOD I had my games backed up or I would have been super mad (except for Need for Speed Carbon, which ticked me off a bit but thankfully I managed to get everything back within a week). But I was also mad because I had to order another ps2 back up memory card (which I did right away). I gave the book shelf such a bad review for what happened.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The Not-So Great:
-My grandmother being in and out of the hospital
-Dealing with you-know who's stupidity and his hardcore supporters
- The death of Jim Nabors
-Steve Whitmire leaving the Muppets

The Great:

-New friends on the forum like @muppetgem, @LittleJerry92, @ErinAardvark, and @1000 Eyes (we started talking last year, but let's just say we got off on the wrong foot).

-Finally, finally making friends out here in real life. For years it was such a struggle. I had talked to a million people my age, but no matter what, either one of us would be completely uninterested. And because of my extreme social anxiety I passed up so many chances to talk to a lot of cool people. I met my current group of friends in February (wow, can't believe it's been almost a year!) and we have so much in common, but a lot not in common which makes it even more fun. I really feel like I was meant to be with these people. They're the first friends i've had since I eight, and they're amazing.

- A year that was financially much better for my family than the last.

- In the summer I went to Chicago to see Hamilton live and went to Washington DC to go to all the museums. I even briefly, saw the president while I was there, I don't like the guy but it was still exciting. It was a very exciting trip and one I won't forget.

-Getting to see my grandparents (on my dad's side) for the first time in three years.

- Becoming closer to my mom's siblings, and they getting closer to each other again.

-Inspiration for lots of stories to write.

-I finally have the will to write.

- Mostly getting over my social anxiety (mostly)

- It was actually cold on Christmas this year

- Finding a new church group with lots of friendly people. It's a bit early to call them friends, but I really like them and feel welcome within their group

- I have clothes that fit. I mean, I always have clothes that fit, but still.

-Below The Frame continued this year.

- Like Little Jerry said, season 2 of Stranger Things. I t was really flipping amazing!

- A really solid season of Doctor Who with a fantastic new companion (she's my new favorite).

- Peter Linz taking over Ernie.

- Watching all three seasons of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

- I discovered one of my new favorite cartoons Danger and Eggs.

-
New shoes!

-My dad's doing much better after several years of medical issues.

-My sister graduated college!

It's been an all around good and fun year for me, and I hope next year is even better for me and for you guys.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh yeah, Steve leaving the Muppets ticked me off as well. And it's sad, because whenever I watch ANYTHING with Steve in it, it makes me wonder, "how did the performers put up with him in this show/episode/skit/movie"?

Schfifty

Reaction score
Oh, since @Schfifty mentioned his broken dream cast:

That reminds me. This year, I was setting up a cheap wired bookshelf from Target. Two poles slipped; one almost destroyed my Samsung TV, but the other destroyed my old ps2 memory card, erasing everything. Thank GOD I had my games backed up or I would have been super mad (except for Need for Speed Carbon, which ticked me off a bit but thankfully I managed to get everything back within a week). But I was also mad because I had to order another ps2 back up memory card (which I did right away). I gave the book shelf such a bad review for what happened.
Man, that's good you had them backed up. I've only had just two PS2 memory cards ever since I first got my console in Christmas 2000. I'll have to look into it, but maybe I won't just because nothing bad has really happened to them. And wow, when you say cheap, you sure do mean it. :wink:

The problem with my Dreamcast this time is that, like, it'll turn on normally, but every time I put a disc in, it doesn't load it...it always stays on the main menu. I looked into it and apparently, there's a little gizmo inside the machine that's stuck in some way, and so it won't load any games. I've thought about possibly taking it to Gamers (where I bought it from) for repair, but I might just end up getting another one someday.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oh yeah, Steve leaving the Muppets ticked me off as well. And it's sad, because whenever I watch ANYTHING with Steve in it, it makes me wonder, "how did the performers put up with him in this show/episode/skit/movie"?
Who knows what really went on behind the scenes. As far as I can tell, a few people who have worked with him on more than one occasion have said he's a joy to work with. But it's only a few people. If he was a problem on set, my guess is they just didn't want to fire Kermit, plus besides Dave he was the last Muppet Show performer left. Hopefully Matt and Eric develop the same kind of chemistry that Steve and Eric had.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
This year has been worse for me. Why? Because of my constant computer issues and also not getting along with my parents.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I always like to back up my games anyway I can, especially if it's multiplayer stuff.