Oz in Monsters Inc

Beauregard

Reaction score
Frank Oz is famous for his monsters...from Cookie to Animal, from Grover to...er...Miss Piggy? So it should have come as no surprise that he cameoed as Randel's assistent in Pixar's Monsters Inc!

Except...it did come as a surprise! I didn't realise it for years, did you?

And did anyone happen to recognise the voice before knowing it was him?

Bea:zany:{I didn't mean to call Piggy a monstrosity}regard

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I didn't! Not until I read the credits. Beau and I were just talking about it and I didn't learn this until I watched the movie this weekend. I think it's because he does not use any of his typical "Monster" voices we're used to hearing so you don't tune into it as well. That's my thought anyway, I just thought it was so interesting that he was the voice for a monster in this movie!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I take it you just now saw Monsters' Inc.?

I noticed it - before I saw the movie in theaters, I read on IMDb that Frank Oz was going to be doing the voice of a character known as "Fungus", so the first time I saw it in theaters, I kept my eyes (and ears) open for the one known as Fungus. I saw Fungus, but wasn't sure until I actually heard and saw Randall refer to him as Fungus... then I was sure. Fungus sounded like a SLIGHTLY deeper version of Bert.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Same here, I just happened to watch the credits to the end this weekend and I was just floored.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I knew he was doing a part for the project and looked out for it. I think someone forwarded me a character jpg of him before seeing the film. :embarrassed:

:attitude: Also - did you know Karen Prell puppeteered one of the lesser-known characters in Monsters Inc.? It's been a while since seeing the film, but I believe she said it was one of the pinkish-colored monsters on the scare-floor. I think it was the one without normal limbs. Not sure about that. I also think this work was uncredited, but is should be up on karenprell.com. :excited:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I knew he was going to be in it and listened for it. But I thought it was pretty sweet!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I knew he was doing a part for the project and looked out for it. I think someone forwarded me a character jpg of him before seeing the film. :embarrassed:

:attitude: Also - did you know Karen Prell puppeteered one of the lesser-known characters in Monsters Inc.? It's been a while since seeing the film, but I believe she said it was one of the pinkish-colored monsters on the scare-floor. I think it was the one without normal limbs. Not sure about that. I also think this work was uncredited, but is should be up on karenprell.com. :excited:
"Puppeteered"? This was a computer-animated movie, I don't believe there was any actual "puppetry" involved in this movie...

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
It was remote Puppeteered with a waldo like device. The same as how The Skrumps is made. Yhey will take the divice with their hand in it and when they do any motions the cgi character does it on screen.