Oz in Monsters Inc

Beauregard

Reaction score
It was remote Puppeteered with a waldo like device. The same as how The Skrumps is made. Yhey will take the divice with their hand in it and when they do any motions the cgi character does it on screen.
REALLY?

I didnt know that at all...!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I didn't see the movie in theaters. But I did learn about it before the first time I saw the movie, though. But I knew it was him when I first heard it.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember when I saw Monsters Inc. on ice. A life sized Fungus was there and had that familiar Frank Oz sounding voice. And there was an awesome scene where Fungus and Randall were chasing our heroes through a bunch of doors that suddenly dropped down like a mobile.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
"Puppeteered"? This was a computer-animated movie, I don't believe there was any actual "puppetry" involved in this movie...
:cool: Many of Pixar's characters are rigged like puppets. This Pixar way really makes for better, more relatable, animation - unlike motion capture that often comes off stiff and creepy. Think about the motion capture of Polar Express where the characters came off like lifeless zombies. It was like a Resident Evil installment, but less interesting. Also, if you stay through the credits of Ratatouille there is a disclaimer that reads: No motion capture was used in the making of this film. :excited: