1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Palisades Collector's Club: Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Phillip, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Join the Palisades Collector's Club!

If you have questions about your club membership, please write to club@palisadestoys.com.

Mike Horn just sent me a note that the Palisades Collectors Club is now set up with Paypal. This should make things easier for people in the US to join, but especially for international fans as well.

If you have questions about the club before you join, please post them here and we'll try to help.

To pay for your club membership simply send the payment via PayPal at www.paypal.com. Send payments to club@palisadestoys.com. If you want two Beakers send your money in one payment as priced below. After you send the money, your PayPal e-mail receipt is currently confirmation that your funds have been sent and membership will be processed as soon as possible.

If you haven't joined yet you still can. Here is the info and price breakdown on the club...

2. Jimbo504

Jimbo504 New Member

I sent my payment via paypal a few hours ago, but I have yet to recieve any notification from Palisades. Was there something else I had to do besides send them $30 with a little note explaining what it was for and with my itenerary?

3. Louis Kazagger

Louis Kazagger New Member

Wow, that's the best news I heard all day! Saves me a trip to the bank. :D

Thanks Mike!

4. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

It will work like any other ebay payment and stuff like that. If you pay with Paypal you will get your Paypal receipt from Paypal, but nothing from us until the minty fresh package arrives at your door. You can always check to see status if its been a long time and nothing has happened, but I expect the turnaround time to be pretty good.

5. Struble

Struble New Member

YAY! Paypal! This will save me the effort of walking somewhere to get a money order. I was afraid I wasn't gonna get to join til after the con. Swoo.

Sh.

6. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

I sent a money order to Palisades over a week ago way before the PayPal thing was set up. The total covered the cost of the membership, plus an extra VC Beaker. I haven't heard anything back from them yet. Shouldn't I be getting a welcome letter in the mail? E-mail? Phone call?

Who should I contact about this? Ken? Mike Horn?

7. Phillip

Ken's in charge of the club. "Stated" turnaround time is about 4-6 weeks between when payment is sent and you receive the membership kit and your figures. However, they'll get the goods to you as quick as they can though which should be quicker than the "stated" time frame.

I'm sure we'll be hearing when people begin to receive their membership kits in the next couple weeks.

8. MikeHornPalisad

MikeHornPalisad New Member

The first membership kits are being boxed up right now. Should start shipping out next week or the week after.

MH

9. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Mike,

Thats great news !

Thanks !!

10. Rugbylass

Rugbylass New Member

Ooh, exciting! I'm glad that Palisades have set up Paypal payments but I'd already got my money order from the bank, and it cost me eight quid! :( Serves me right for being keen, eh? :D I'm very excited about the club- can't wait to get my membership pack!

11. Chad Kermit

Chad Kermit New Member

Does anyone know when they will ship out Invisible Fozzie? A few weeks after the show?

Chad

12. Phillip

Chad,

Ken said they'll send out a note to club members about purchasing Invisible Fozzie the week following the convention. It's likely he'll ship a week or two after they receive payment.

13. BigJeffStudd

BigJeffStudd New Member

Received my membership kit this morning through UPS!! If you haven't joined, do it now. I won't reveal what the added bonus item is, but it is well worth it!

Of course, now I see the big long thread about people who've received it, I'm a bit slow!

14. Figment

Figment New Member

Member Numbers?

I got the email last week about the Invisible Fozzie, and sent a Paypal amount the same day. Since the email I am registered to Paypal is a different email I use for the club, I got a bit concerned that I may be confusing Palisades, or worse yet, screwing up my chance to get Fozzie.

Ken or Mike, can we please have member numbers or some other way of identifying members from non-members, other than the emails you guys keep on file? Thanks!

15. Phillip

You can enter multiple e-mail addresses with a PayPal account (up to 9 I believe), so you can easily change your PayPal account to match up with the one on the club mailing list. After you enter the new address in your profile, just make it your default.

The Palisades team is working on a more permanent solution to manage your club account and get club info on-line.

16. grail

grail New Member

or, you can just do what i did and put your name, address, phone number, and email address they'll recognize in the note

17. Figment

Figment New Member

Grail, that is exactly what I did do!
    Phillip, Thanks for the info about Paypal.

18. BigDumbWookiee

BigDumbWookiee New Member

I almost started a new thread, until I saw this had been changed to questions and answers. Assuming nobody minds, I think it would be helpful if people post any kind of FAQ or Q and A type material they have. Not a good explanation, so an example, things like:

If you are not receiving e-mails from the fan club, make sure you check Palisades website, they have a list posted of those not being able to be reached. Simply go to www.palisadestoys.com click collector's club, and scroll down to the list. If your name is on the list, your emails have been bouncing back to them.

Ken, until he left for China, was running the club by himself. A new person is now being brought up to speed and is working on learning all of the answers. If you have emailed the club, please be patient, as they have been inundated with emails. Don't be angry if your response doesn't arrive in 24 hours or less.

Things like that. If everyone posts the simple facts, it may help a lot of new members, or those thinking about joining.

This is also partly a personal effort to show Im capable of more than just bad mouthing Palisades.

19. Louis Kazagger

Louis Kazagger New Member

Geez, I never felt like you were doing that, so I hope you don't think we all got that impression of you Wook.

20. incredeeble!

incredeeble! New Member

I've got a couple of questions that people might ask - very basic but someone might ask.... (answers are in parenthesis)

How soon will we get our toys (2-6 weeks)

Will we receive email confirmation of joining the club? (No? the paypal receipt is confirmation for online orders)

Can I signup online? (Yes through Paypal)

Is there some sort of support hotline/email? (might seem paradoxial, but people might ask... club@palisadestoys.com)

How soon should I expect an answer to a unique question? (usually within a week or two, but there aren't any guarantees)

Will you offer club exclusives in the future? (Yes?)

Can I track my order somehow? (Need an answer)

That's all I can think of right now... must.... sleep.......