1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Palisades Lips: Which is best?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by los, Oct 29, 2012.

1. los

los Active Member

Taking the plunge and going to splurge on myself, early Christmas gift. Which is the official Lips and which is least prone to tacky paint? If both answers are the same, I'm set. Next is where to purchase.
  2. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

I own a white-shirt one with VERY tacky paint, and a silver one with much less tackiness problems (mainly on the Java puppet accessories, if I recall correctly).

Sorry, I don't yet own the brown shirt version. I purchased one from Amazon, but when it arrived, it was another silver one. The seller had used an online image and didn't realize there were variants. I got a nice refund for it.

Alex
  3. los

los Active Member

Thanks Dearth. For the white version, was the tacky paint on the Java puppets or Lips. Which is the original?
  4. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

What is considered the regular and main Lips is the white shirt one, despite the fact that it seems that Lips wore his brown shirt as often or even more than the white shirt.

As for tacky paint, I'm no expert on it, but I'm pretty sure that it is hard to predict tacky paint, as it kinda depends on variables. Personally, I would just go with the Lips that is your personal preference, or, if financial troubles are a concern, the cheapest one.
  5. los

los Active Member

That's true. I do prefer the brown shirt over the white and what is $10 - 15 when overall the figure is $200+ lol.
  6. jobi71

jobi71 New Member

I own the silver shirt version, and had no problem with tacky paint on Lips or the Java Muppets.
  7. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

P.S. For what it's worth, I have the brown shirted Lips, which there was little tacky paint issues, if none. On the other hand, his head did fall off, but all Muppet figures are fragile and all the Lips should be made the same, so that wouldn't most likely ahve much to do with the variant that I have. Either way, a little bit of glue did the trick.
  8. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

That is one of the deciding factors that made me get the brown shirt one. Also because for some reason Lips and the brown shirt just gel together.
  10. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I prefer the brown-shirt Lips because of the original color of the Java Muppets but I also like the silver-shirt Lips because of its shininess and the green and blue colors of the Java Muppets aren't bad.
  11. jobi71

jobi71 New Member

At the time I purchased my Lips figure cost was a large factor, so I was able to affored a silver shirted and blue/geen Java version. If you are a stickler for detail then hold out for the correct shade for the Java Muppets. Otherwise if one set fits your price range I say buy it.
  12. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Holy. crap.

I can't believe how much Lips is going for! :O I bought mine when they first came out so I only paid regular retail price for them.

I guess I should be thankful I was able to get all three variants back a few years ago.

As for which is the best? I definitely like the white shirt version best, it seems to be the most "iconic" to me and that paint detail is amazing. Of course, the tan shirt version DOES come with the best Java Muppets haha.