1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Palisades Series 7 Official Line-up

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Phillip, Sep 10, 2003.

?

What do you think of Palisades Series 7?

Poll closed Nov 9, 2003.
  1. It's awesome! I will get them all.

40 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. It's great. I will buy most of series 7, but not all.

18 vote(s)
    24.7%
  3. It's good, but I won't get more than 2 figures.

7 vote(s)
    9.6%
  4. It's ok, I will only buy 1 figure from series 7.

7 vote(s)
    9.6%
  5. I don't like it and won't buy any of them.

1 vote(s)
    1.4%

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

On Monday, Palisades announced their series 7 lineup to Collector's Club members with sneak peak info and photos. We've gotten a go-ahead from Ken to discuss the line-up here, but please do not post any links to Collector Club images in this discussion or on the forum. However, everyone is free to discuss the specifics of this wave.

Series 7 will include...

1. Kermit as Captain Smollet with Polly Lobster
    2. Frog Scout Robin with a trunk and lots of accessories
    3. Beauregard
    4. Johnny Fiama
    5. Johnny Fiama repaint #1

6. Johnny Fiama repaint #2

So there will be three Johnny's in each case, one of each version. Also, Palisades has announced that the next Mega figure will be Mega Gonzo based on the upcoming series 5 figure, Purple Tux Gonzo. Palisades has still not announced an exclusive figure for this wave or their tour figure for next year.

So, what do you think of series 7?
  2. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

I think the lineup for series 7 is awesome! I am so excited! The two that I am looking forward to the most are Robin and Beau, but Captain Smollet, Polly Lobster, and Johnny sound great too. I cannot wait until the pictures of the scuplts are released to non Collector's Club members.

I did have one question, though. On the Palisades discussion board, they were talking about a new Suncoast Video exclusive. Has that character been announced yet or is that information currently just for collector's club members?
  3. Baby Animal

Baby Animal New Member

All we know at this point is that there will be an exclusive. It hasn't been confimed what it will be yet, even to club members. Ken said something about there having to be something to put in the next newsletter.

Hope that helps.
  4. matleo

matleo Active Member

Hey Phil,
    Is it possible to alter the poll a bit to include an "I will buy most of it but not all of them" option or soemthing like that. right now, none of the selections on the poll apllies to me. I plan on buying Robin, Beau and one of the 3 Johnny's (probably the classic pinstripe Johnny) Kermit and Polly look great, bu I have more Kermit's than I know what to do with right now and I can't justofy spending the $9 just to get Polly (especially when I've already passed on Sam Arrow)

Anyway, Phil if it's possible to ammend the poll a bit that would be cool. Thanks.

--matt
  5. Lu775

Lu775 Member

I'm totally psyched about series 7. But I was wondering, with all those Johnny Fiama's coming out, when are we getting a Sal? ;)
    Can't wait for Robin, and Polly Lobster...and Beau...and Johnny. :excited:
  6. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Hi Matt,

"I will buy most of series 7, but not all." has been added just for you. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion.
  7. Luke

Luke Active Member

Johnny was supposed to come with Sal, but Sal has some sculpting problems so he WILL come out at a later date with other pack-in's.

I think it's a mid-strength wave. I don't feel Johnny should be coming out without Sal as the pack-in but the retailer exclusive may strengthen the wave a bit. Frog Scout Robin is awesome, and Beau is very good. I think it's a bit early for a new Kermit but Captain Smollet should be a popular one and the best to do, and Polly Lobster sounds fantastic.
  8. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

What do I think of Series 7? When I opened the CC email and saw what we were getting and saw the pictures, well...I have to steam clean my undies now!!

I'm so pumped about all these things and cannot wait any longer!

KEN! YOU MUST SEND THEM TO ME NOW!! I'll give you my step brothers and sisters and their children to use as slaves if you'll send me all the figures now.

And their pets, if they have any. I dunno. Deal?

Anyways, I think these are great figures, and only Palisades could do such good work. I'm getting them all, even all 3 Johnny(ie)s.
  10. matleo

matleo Active Member

thanks Philip,

I just voted!! :zany: Really looking forward to this lineup!! Lots of my favorites are here!!

--Matt
  11. Fozzie

Fozzie New Member

I'm gonna get all of them. This line up is great!
  12. Gonzo the Grape

Gonzo the Grape New Member

I'm super excited about Beau! I'd rather wait for a clean Robin, but scout Robin is a cute idea. Capt. Kermit is neat if you want to collect the MTI figures (I don't) and Johnny without Sal is not fun. I perdict that johnny will sell bad, but then once Sal is released collectors will want Johnny, and he'll become hot on the secondary market. Three Johnnys though, will help for those who need every varient because then they have to buy all three in the box. Clever. I'd say this is one step below series 6. Mainly because 6 has Statler & Waldorf.
  13. caper

caper Member

Palisades is terrible

Series 7 sucks!!! Beauregard is the only thing good in there. Where's the standard Rowlf and Sam?? Where's Pops and Lips?? Instead we get another Kermit that will stay in the racks of every store coz no-one wants to buy em and Robin who is not even the standard one. That's why I cant see any muppet figures in regular stores and I can only buy them on specialty stores. And in the regular stores, all I see are abundant series one Kermit and Palisades is releasing a new Kermit!! Palisades should release nekkid Rowlf and Sam before their stock plummets even worse.
  14. Squigiman

Squigiman Active Member

Well, it's nice to finally see all confirmed, after reading some hints and accidental postings around. My opinion, though, is that it doesn't seem too strong. I like that we know when we're getting Beau, and Smollet coming out, relatively soon makes me have more of a reason to get Sam, which I was going to overlook until the standard version. At least the two could be grouped together. Not sure about Polly with him, since everyone seems to think he should be with Clueless Morgan. Heck, if the MTI crew is going to be a continuing theme, they might as well have villains mixed in for the good guys to deal with. Too bad no MEGA Tim Curry as Long John or Michael Caine as Scrooge from MCC, I suppose. Still, also wondering what's going to make all those Johnnies worthwhile. I hope they're really going to stand out, otherwise not sure why, especially without Sal, and considering that most non-hardcore fans and everyone else probably doesn't know him. Frog Scout Robin seems like a cool idea, but the accessories will probably determine what makes or breaks it. Still, I am guessing Ken and crew have a reason for not releasing basic Robin first, maybe a Sweetums pack-in, as has been suggested. Either way, mainly psyched about MEGA Gonzo, as I am a huge Gonzo advocate, as many probably know. I still think that series 5 is the strongest at this point, eagerly anticipating its arrival, completing the EM, the core group, and giving another classic Muppet Show set piece (News Flash), as well as someone more modern for Rizzo to interact with. Still, can't wait to see the pics, as well as learn of any other future plans in the line. Let's hope it just keeps getting better and better. Thanks Ken and co. Take care.

-Squigiman
  15. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I plan to buy all of them, but I wouldn't use the word awesome. The semi-compleatist in me refuses to let any new characters pass by (even if it's a pack-in with a character I already have).

I'm glad to see "won't buy any of them" hasn't gotten any votes.
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I love it and plan to buy them all. Of course it would be nice to have a new character other than Kermit, but we already know that re-costumed main characters are a must to anchor each wave now (and I don't fear for their stock LOL! Word is these have been doing well so far.) The fact that Polly comes with Kermit makes is half in the new figure category.

There's Beau for the classic fans, another Kermit for the film lovers, Robin for fans on every level and Johnny for the collectors market. Something for everybody. And with the poles around 70% approval, it looks good! :)
  17. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Perhaps we should wait for a higher vote count before we start getting excited over the percentage.
  18. Chamberlain

Chamberlain New Member

I'm very excited about Beauregard!! I've been wanting a Beau figure ever since this line began. Robin will be my 2nd favorite of this wave & Kermit will look great w/Sam. I won't be getting Johnny
    though. I'm just not a fan of most of the Muppets Tonight characters (except Pepe).
    So it looks like I'll be getting all of Series 5...Waldorf,Statler & maybe Fozzie
    from Series 6..& Beau,Robin & Kermit from Series 7. I can't wait to see some pics!
  19. Wocka Wocka

Wocka Wocka New Member

i think that i am definetly in the minority here, but the only figures that i am excited about and plan on buying are Capt. Smollet and Johnny. i do not at all like the characters of Beau and Robin and will pass on them for his reason (i did the same with Crazy Harry and Rizzo)

I am not at all a completist, so i don't mind not having versions of certain characters. I would much rather have multiple versions of a character that i really like (such as Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, or Rowlf) than a single version of a character that i don't like. And i would probably get any character from MTI (with the exception of Rizzo), but i would most like a Blind Pew.

Just thought i would express my unpopular opinion....
  20. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

ToughPigs has pictures of series 7 online. They look really cool! I especially love Robin. He looks awesome.