Palisades Series 8 Revealed!

What do you think of Palisades Series 8?

• It's awesome! I will get them all.

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • It's great. I will buy most of series 8, but not all.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • It's good, but I won't get more than 2 figures.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • It's ok, I will only buy 1 figure from series 8.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I don't like it and won't buy any of them.

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Ken just announced over on the Palisades board that the figures in series 8 will be:
Sam the Eagle (regular version)
Usher Scooter from MTM
Dr. Phil Van Neuter
Marvin Suggs

Exclusive: Animal (new sculpt with a bunch of accessories including bongos, Insta-Grow Pills, a big shoulder mounted base drum and sticks.)

I think this is a really great line-up. I feel like this is yet another example of Palisades listening to the fans. Can't wait to see the sculpts. What do you guys think?
-Artie

jediX

Reaction score
Sam's one of my faves (not just because I do his voice rather well), so I'm DEFINATELY looking forward to that one. But Scooter? Meh.... I'd rather have seen Lips so the Mayhem band could be completed (at least to the TMS season 5 band).

Hmmmmmm...what would be the repaint, if in fact this is a factual report?

And what about a playset, if any? Would that be "Tales From The Vet" with Mulch, or something?

WiGgY

Reaction score
jediX said:
And what about a playset, if any? Would that be "Tales From The Vet" with Mulch, or something?
Absolutly not.

This is a real report. Ken annouced it in the question thread. The repaint has not been given out yet and we still don't know about accessories.

Scooter, being a strong character up until Richard Hunt's death, has been revived in AVMMC to be a strong characer again. If this trend continues, and a project is done with Scooter as a strong charcter again, sales should be really good for Scooter.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Thrilled about Sam and Marvin, nice to see Scooter in there, and the Phil Van Neuter Muppet IMO really lends itself to an action figure likeness. That is, looking at the Muppet itself I can see an action figure easily.

Oddly enough, no one guessed S8 correctly in the 'guess S8' thread.

Now, my question is, what accessories for Sam and how many Muppaphones for Marvin?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I think this sounds like a great line-up. I'd love to be able to have Usher Scooter interact with Lew Zealand. I'm also thrilled about Marvin Suggs--I hope he comes with some tiny aspirin for the poor Muppaphone guys!

:sympathy:

:wink:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Here's a list of the compiled info Ken gave about S8 before he announced it:

1. There is a new exclusive being sculpted that has never been mentioned before today to replace the Sweetums which was delayed from S8 time period. It is a TMS designated figure.

Animal.

2. One figure has a book.

I'm guessing Sam's book of ethics made it back in.

3. One figure has a single accessory only.

4. One figure has 9 separate accessories.

5. One figure has a magnetic feature IN the accessories but not in the figure itself.

I think I know this one- it's one I discussed with Ken. Magnetic Muppaphones to stick to the table!

6. One figure has ball jointed elbows.

Phil?

7. One figure has an accessory that you can put other accessories into.

8. One of the figures has a very large accessory, one that will be a challenge to fit inside the blister.

9. One figure has an accessory that we are trying to work an interesting mechanism into.

10. One figure will cause a major discussion on the board when people find out what he will NOT have packed with him.

Better not be Marvin with no Muppaphones.

11. One figure would fit in nicely to an existing Playset display even though he wasn't really associated with that Playset.

Hope Ken can shed more light on this stuff now.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
10. One figure will cause a major discussion on the board when people find out what he will NOT have packed with him.

Umm this statement scares me.... It sounds like it very well could be the Muppaphones. I couldn't see a Point of a Marvin Figure if this was the one?

11. One figure would fit in nicely to an existing Playset display even though he wasn't really associated with that Playset.

That would be Phil.

now were waitting on Sal the monkey,Reg Robin, Sweetums, Reg Rowlf the dog, Bean Bunny, Bobo the Bear for must characters fallowed by Pops, Emilly Bear, Lips and Uncle Deadly...maybe Andy and Randy too...MAYBE!

I think a new Animal is a very good idea too!!

jediX

Reaction score
Perhaps the 9 accessories will be with Marvin. 8 Muppaphones (for the octave) and a mallet.:confused:

I'd guess Sam or Phil would have less accessories, due to how much larger than the other characters they are.

WiGgY

Reaction score
jediX said:
Perhaps the 9 accessories will be with Marvin. 8 Muppaphones (for the octave) and a mallet.:confused:

I'd guess Sam or Phil would have less accessories, due to how much larger than the other characters they are.
Though it makes sense to have 8 from a musical point of view, Marvin almost always only had 6. So I would think 6 muppaphones with one table to put them on and 2 mallets would make the 9 accessories.

This may also have the magnet feature to keep them in place.

Sam without a flag is probably the one that will cause talk.

jediX

Reaction score
Unless for some bizarre reason usher Scooter will lack popcorn or 3d glasses. Then again what's the point of the figure w/o at LEAST the glasses....