Palisades Series 8 Revealed!

What do you think of Palisades Series 8?

• It's awesome! I will get them all.

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • It's great. I will buy most of series 8, but not all.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • It's good, but I won't get more than 2 figures.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • It's ok, I will only buy 1 figure from series 8.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I don't like it and won't buy any of them.

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard official word of this so don't quote me, but wouldn't Marvin's ruffled sleeves conceal a ball joint?

I like this lineup. It's very interesting. Shakes things up. I have a feeling some will find it not as strong, others will say - "another Scooter" but I think it's fantastic. :attitude: :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
I LOVE this lineup - strongest for me personally ever, and overall i feel similar to S5 strength but with funky characters. I've campaigned for Dr Phil for ages, the MTM Scooter will look fabulous, and Sam is a favorite all have waited for. Mahna Mahna doesn't excite me but is an excellent choice for the obscure fans.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Luke said:
I LOVE this lineup - strongest for me personally ever, and overall i feel similar to S5 strength but with funky characters. I've campaigned for Dr Phil for ages, the MTM Scooter will look fabulous, and Sam is a favorite all have waited for. Mahna Mahna doesn't excite me but is an excellent choice for the obscure fans.

You mean Marivn Suggs not Mahna Mahna, right Luke? :wink:

Yes I'm happy MTM Scooter is in, i was thinking this could be an exclusive figure, but I though that same about Frog Scout Robin, both are great choice's and i kinda feel like "must's" for other versions of these chracters.

The line is just a little obscure, but we can't do fozzie as he will just be in S6, Gonzo was just in S5 Kermit would have just been in S7 and I know they are holding off on Piggy figures but not that there shouldn't be anymore after PIS Piggy who would still be close to this series. Yet Sam the Eagle has been wanted by many and I think he'll sell better then MTI Sam, also I think the EX Animal is a great idea!

Zach,

Drtooth

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I haven't heard official word of this so don't quote me, but wouldn't Marvin's ruffled sleeves conceal a ball joint?

I like this lineup. It's very interesting. Shakes things up. I have a feeling some will find it not as strong, others will say - "another Scooter" but I think it's fantastic. :attitude: :wink:
Another Scooter is great, but I was holding out for another Rizzo, as a waiter, with Yolanda with a pack in. But if he comes with Popcorn and 3D glasses, he'll be a smash hit.

Sam the Eagle as himself is aslo another great figure, but I wish that the TMS desingation for him went to Rowlf, since he would make the line stronger, and with classic Rowlf out of the way, We'll have Dr. Bob in no time. But Sam will definately be a great figure, and the accessroies will be wonderful.

MArvin, I am going to have to pick up as SOON as he comes out. Out of all of them, He's the best, and the Muppaphone that come with him (if it does.. it's like making a regular Fozzie without the hat or chicken, or a Kermit without a right arm..)

Van Nueter I like as well, second on my list. I'm a little down that Sal will take almost a year after Johnny, but Van Nueter will definately perk me back up. As long as the MT designation doesn't go to Andy and Randy. I don't care how cool they'd look, I hate the characters, and I'd pass on them.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I can't believe that one member is passing on standard Sam. It takes all kinds I guess. I have a feeling that these will fly off the shelves once the images are shown. :wink:

Poll is also incomplete because no playset has been anounced. I thought there would be one for 8.

King Prawn

Reaction score
Although I love the figures in the line up and don't see this as a very series. I mean you've got Dr. Van Neuter which I think is less known than Johnny, then there's Marvin Sugg's, which seriousley are people really going to recognize him apart from die hard fan's, then there's Scooter a well known character but not the strongest. The way I think of it Sam is the strongest nowadays and that's not a character to hold an entire seriesas the main man or eagle. Although Sugg's will have that attractivness to him and Sam is the regualr version which we all want, I don't know I don't see it as a weak line just the weakest up until now.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I voted for all of them, but I'm just a little reluctant about Scooter.

Who voted for none? Show yourself!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
*Picks up the torches*

If Scooter goes through the forum recommended changes, I think he'll be a very strong figure. So spiffy in that little outfit too. :wink: