1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Palisades Unreleased Gobo Fraggle Prototype!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by ElecMayhem, Nov 20, 2006.

1. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

All that was released from the SS line was Super Grover, and he was an exclusive.

The rest of the figures never saw production due to the factory never being paid to start.

:sympathy:
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yep... What Anthony (KermieBaby47) said.

Super Grover was the only SS figure to be made by Palisades Toys and be offered to the masses via specialty retail through the Collector's Club or anyone attending any of the 2005 conventions Palisades Toys participated in.
    The SS S1 figures were made into fully-painted final release versions... But unfortunately, they were never offered for retail, stuck at the factory due to the company's bankrupcy.

The only reason I got the full set was because the original owner (who got them from Ken himself) was having some financial woes. They're rully great with all of their stuff, just have to photograph them along with the rest of my collection to show them off for you guys.
    All we can do is hope some company with true staying power and love and devotion equal to what Palisades Toys put into their Jim Henson's Muppets figure line gets the license and brings our SS friends to collectors worldwide.
  3. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

no it would cost to much and is highly illegal as much as everyone wanted to do it.:sympathy:
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Wait, so Im confused...did they ever actually make production figures, or just the final prototypes? As in, is there like a box full of unshipped ready to go SS figures somewhere?

Btw, Im very glad ya got the set, ya deserve it. I just wish you or someone coulda gotten Sal^^
  5. The Count

To naswer yer questions Corey...

Was in the running til the last few seconds for the Sal Manilla proto at over $1100, but I got sniped... Though the person who won that prototype was a fellow Palisades forum member at the time, someone who went by the screen name MuppetNut.
    As far as the SS figures... There were two fully-painted versions of the facade, and they were snatched on eBay for $2500 and $3500 respectively. They both came with the Oscar figure, and the more expensive one was cased in it's own shipping box which Ken willingly sold off. Are there carded final version figures? Well, the ones I got could be considered carded... Except that the clamshells weren't sealed off (just held together by removable staples) and there were unmarked plastic paper inserts. Rully unsure if there are any others left though, there might be a very small number, as another forum member also has a final fully-painted Two-Headed Monster figure.

Hope this helps, LMK if you have any other questions.
  6. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

*swallows*

I uhh... sort of... won that Gobo prototype. I put forth an offer on my on-line journals where winning that Gobo figure would be the payment to me and a friend of mine actually took me up on it. So, Eesiv, the winning bidder, is an EXTREMELY generous and friendly person. Needless to say, I owe him a lot. I just didn't think it wise to put that sort of a purchase on my credit card but I had to try to make some attempt to get such a rare & cool Gobo item. :smirk:

Nick
  7. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

congrats man
  8. The Count

Yes! Congrats Nick. Now we can truly say it'll be kept within the family. Wonder if the guys over at the CMX board know about this. Again, congrats on getting such a highly desired figure in your collection. Know how it feels, I got the SS S1 figures here in my own Muppet gathering.
  9. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Thanks. Heh heh, I never thought of it that way, as in " keeping it in the family ". That's cool though. What's the CMX board? :smirk:

Nick
  10. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

SWEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT! and congrats there Foodie! :) aleast he'll have a GOOD Muppety home ;) thats all that matters! I'm sure Gobo WILL be a treasure for you years to come!
  11. The Count

CMX stands for Creatus Maximus, Ken Lilly's new start-up company. It's kind of the ol' Palisades Toys crew... But we've moved on to new turf there, no longer dwelling on the glory of what once was from 2002-2005. Hope this helps.
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

13. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Thanks! I can't wait 'til he gets here. :smirk:
  14. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Um, so the Palisades crew is making Star Wars and Batman Weebles?

Man, I thought palisades would sitll be around.

Exactly. It's better in my opinion if these ultra rarities stay within the underground rabid Muppet fandom, just because it's so rare that any rare Muppet items get auctioned(unlike other franchises out there)

Congrats! Take pix of it when ya get it.
  16. Luke

Luke Active Member

LMAO, from the photo they do look like weebles don't they (probably could have made more money reviving weebles actually) but no, they're spoof pop culture-ised models of nuclear bombs. There's a Bert and Ernie one coming up in the future apparently.

I don't think i can mention Ken's next line on here, but i'll try - Kockblockerz .... they are kinda palz (block figures) with more adult orientated themes.
  17. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Something I wondered that maybe you can answer Luke, since I can't get a straight answer from CM message board and since you are knowledgable...how do they get away with making these? Are they covered by some kind of parody law, or what?
  18. The Count

Hey Luke... Looks like you can say the name of CMX's next major line on here. Though there should rully be a space there, but then it'd get filtered out probably.

And adult oriented isn't the word... Demented and weirded out is possibly a more apt description. The designs/concepts for all of the KBZ characters/figures come from the mind of Austrailian Luke, known better by his screenname Punchbunny. Yeah, the guy who used to write those drunken reviews for the club once a long while ago.

Check 'em out... If you dare.
  19. Luke

Luke Active Member

There is a parody law, used more by artists, but major corporations can usually get around that by saying that because its merchandising it's deliberately profiting from their intellectual property and have the item shelved. I believe Ken said he had some communication with the lawyers from Lucasfilm etc after they saw them. Perhaps because they are being sold in such a small quantity and not all that commercially the lawyers don't think its worth the hassle of getting a stop on them. I dunno.

I have a feeling Sesame Workshop will not be all that happy with Bert & Ernie being pictured as bombs, that one might be a little close to the line.
  20. The Count

Heh... That's if even the Bert and Ernie Smart Bombs, named Hurt and Burnie, along with the Indiana Jones Duo-Packs even make it to a final stage and get sold on the internet retail market. Check out their very own store, name that can't be posted here without getting it filtered though.