1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Panwapa

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by GelflingWaldo, Oct 10, 2007.

1. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Sesame Workshop has launched a world-wide video initiative entitled Panwapa. The new video program aims to celebrate cultural diversity and build global understanding. The new series features an original group of Muppet characters and is available (for free) via iTunes and will be available (also for free) on PBS Kids Sprout's On Demand service in January 2008. (click here for more information)

Official Site: Panwapa.com
    Press Release: click here
    Caregiver info page: click here
    Muppet Newsflash: click here
  2. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Hmmm, sounds interesting. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
    :)
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Is there a performer/cast listing for this anywhere? Interesting stuff. After Animal Jam and other misfires, this proves to be a good mix with distinct goals! :)

I could tell Kevin Clash was the lead. Curious to the penguin and the bug. :zany:
  4. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Kevin Clash is Azibo (the monster). Leslie Carrara is Koko (the penguin). And Joey Mazzarino is Bill the Bug.
  5. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

the bug sounds like most of his other characters.
    I'm not sure what to think of this show yet.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The Bug is from Elmo in grouchland, right? What was that character's name in the movie?

Haven't seen it yet, but it would have been cool to get some unfamiliar Muppeteers (at least to SS) to do the puppetry and voice work. I almost bought a SS Beginnings DVD to see Bill Baretta do a SS Character.
  7. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi... The bug character from Elmo in Grouchland was known simply as just that, as "Bug".
    Hope this helps.
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanks! You are, as always, a wealth of good information. I'll always be an MCer, but I check out Muppet News Flash daily. Absolutely vital resource for the Muppet fantatic!

About Panwapa, the only thing I'm not keen about is the integration of animated versions of the characters especially in the title sequence. The drawings (unlike the Flash site) don't do the puppet characters justice. The rest, I feel, touches on the same Sesame, Muppety, Fraggley theme of connectedness and understanding differences - and it's done in a thoughtful, sometimes silly, way. :zany:
  9. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

This is very interesting...I must go and take a peak later. Thanks for shareing.
  10. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I saw Elmo talking about this on the View! I think it was on Friday. He was really cute. I had a hard time following the idea. They had these universal identity cards with pictures of things you like, so people know who you are by looking at the card, it seemed really cool.
  11. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

If you go to the website you can watch the first 4 shows. The first one is like the theme song. I enjoyed everybit of it. My favorite character is Azibo. His voice (Kevin) is just so cute and funny sounding. Like when Kevin had just started out with other characters that didn't have a big role on Sesame Street. I hope to see more shows soon.
  12. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I was exploring the Panwapa world, it's actually kind of fun! Do you think I'm too old to join? ;) It's the closest I'll ever be to living on Sesame Street.
  13. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I know i'm going to join as soon as i can. I've been there didn't know it at first but since you mention it. I'm heading over that way now. *runs off to the iland of Panwapa*
  14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

:zany: Disney has this Club Pengin thing and Cartoon Network has this sort of Foster's site. It's nice to see this technology being put to a use other than product promotion (not like there's anything wrong with that :attitude: ).

It's good to see Sesame Workshop growing with the times. :)
  15. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

So... Panwapa could be considered "attached" to Sesame Street? Or would it be considered its own separate production?
  16. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

This is adorable! I was having so much fun on the Panwapa world website! The characters are very endearing. I hope it does well, I think this is a great venture for Sesame Workshop!

My personal favorite is Koko, I love penguins and I'm becoming a pretty big fan of Leslie Carrara!
  17. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Are there any clips online?
  18. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

The whole thing is online!

You can get the entire 48-minute special for FREE on iTunes (just search for Panwapa in the iTunes store - it's part of the Learn Along with Sesame series - and you download the full video... for free).

Additionally the special is broken down into 5 chapters and viewable on Panwapa.com (just click on Azibo and the television on the home page to go to the Panwapa video page which holds all the clips) There you can view the entire special split in 5 parts (either stream the clips online or download the videos to your PC).
  19. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

...and I just saw it, and I have to say that I am impressed! :)
  20. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

THIS IS SOO AWESOME! I was there for the taping of the first ep :)