PayPal Class Action Lawsuit

SaraJayne

Reaction score
I recently received an e-mail from PayPal telling me about a class action lawsuit. I didn't really understand what it was all about (I'm not much on legal jargon). Did anyone else receive that e-mail? I know that alot of people here use PayPal and eBay, so I thought somebody might be able to explain it to me. :confused: Thanks!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I havent heard anything about this. It could be a spam message because theres lots of messages floating around that appear to be from ebay or paypal and they entice users to enter their details, password etc and its actually on a different site which collects your details and is nothing to do with ebay at all. then they hack into your acount and list items under your name.

SaraJayne

Reaction score
Well that's what I was thinking. But it didn't actually ask me for anything. It was informing me about the lawsuit, and if I could be entitled to anything. It didn't tell me to go to any websites, or call anyone, or provide any information.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
My wife got that e-mail too. She followed the link (it took forever!), but that's as far as I know, left the room or something. She did bring it up to me though. Wonder what's goin on?

Jonette

Reaction score
You can always check the veracity by going to www.snopes.com This is a site that informs visitors about hoaxes, scams, etc. on the Internet.

Good luck!
Jonette