PBS Commercial Breaks

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like how they're trying to rationalize it as "Oh, there's always X amount of minutes in between programs."

Yeah.... you clearly aren't going through any budget crisis.

Does the ratings system say you have to watch the WHOLE 30-60 minute intervals, including the show ending and commercial breaks before the next show counts?

if they're oh so worried that people will switch off for 5 minutes in between shows why not show submitted short animations or short films or something? I remember they used to show sometimes 10 minute short artist focuses here.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Once again, if those Commercial-Free Childhood knuckleheads really care about keeping commercials away from our kids, they should contribute to PBS instead of whining about how Ronald McDonald is getting our kids hooked on Happy Meals.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Once again, if those Commercial-Free Childhood knuckleheads really care about keeping commercials away from our kids, they should contribute to PBS instead of whining about how Ronald McDonald is getting our kids hooked on Happy Meals.
This is for ADULT programming late at night. We should get that perfectly clear. The "sponsorship provided by" openings to these programs have always been (at least for over 10 years) actual, factual commercials depending on the sponsor. There would no doubt be a riot if it did get to the kid's programming, but it's safe for now. Something like this WOULD ruin Masterpiece and Mystery... stuff like that.

mr3urious

Reaction score
This is for ADULT programming late at night. We should get that perfectly clear. The "sponsorship provided by" openings to these programs have always been (at least for over 10 years) actual, factual commercials depending on the sponsor. There would no doubt be a riot if it did get to the kid's programming, but it's safe for now. Something like this WOULD ruin Masterpiece and Mystery... stuff like that.
Well, that's great, but you never know if that might change. :rolleyes:

muppet baby

Reaction score
I really hope that they do not put the do not do any comucals on masterpeice theatre and mysterey that is my faverite thing on PBS and Seseme street , sure hope that they do not do comerals for that i am so use to watching it with out , them , but if they do there is nothing i can do about it , although i have been watching it with out my enitre life .
Does anyone know the if they would put the comerals , in SS sure hope not same goes for mystery and Masterpeice theatre .