Penguin Thread

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I was at my dad's office today. He's a computer science professor, and glancing at some of his books I remembered that Linux and penguins seem to be closely linked. They have computer animated penguins on the covers of a lot of the books teaching Linux.
Erin :zany:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Luke said:
There were the 'Mutinous Penguins' in an episode of Count Duckula - they took over a ship. Hmmm .... a Penguin mutiny - how does www.penguincentral.com sound ???? LOL !!!
Great thread people !
You forgot the most important :zany: link from :zany:central.com It's about their logging of penguin spotting.

Odd, though, and I may not have been patient enough, but I never saw any pics of :zany: s

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Odd, though, and I may not have been patient enough, but I never saw any pics of :zany: s
Well, it's not like it's the penguin personals, there Foz. :zany:

:zany: :zany: :zany:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
This reminds me of a favorite :zany: story of mine:
Before penguins jump into the water to catch fish, they must first make sure that there are no leopard seals/killer whales/any other :zany: -eating creatures in the water.And since none of the penguins are actually willing to jump INTO the water, they all crowd around on the shore, pushing and shoving each other until one poor :zany: falls in. If he gets eaten, then they know the water's not safe.
....Maybe I really AM that sick and twisted, but that story's always amused me!!!

:zany:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yikes!! Those penguins don't sound like very nice birds to me! :concern: Here's a joke. It's been around the block a few times but I'll tell it anyway...

A woman driving with penguins in the backseat of her car was stopped by a cop. "Look, lady," he said, "you'd better take those penguins to the zoo." She agreed that she would, and the cop drove off. The next day, he saw the same woman with the same penguins driving down the road, this time with sunglasses and towels in tow. "Hey, lady," he said, "I thought I told you to take those penguins to the zoo." "Oh, I did," she said. "And they had such a nice time that today I'm taking them to the beach!" :stick_out_tongue:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yay! Very fun. And the Mary Poppins penguins are featured in prominence! :smile:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I got an e-mail today that featured a video clip of one penguin pushing another penguin down. Pretty funny! :crazy:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HEY! What's the link to that with the penguin pushing another one down?? I've been looking for that clip! :zany:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
HEY! What's the link to that with the penguin pushing another one down?? I've been looking for that clip! :zany:
Oh yeah, that's right, it's the one you mentioned! :big_grin: The e-mail didn't have a link, just had the video clip right there and I'm not too techno-savvy so I don't know how to figure out where it came from or anything. But I would be happy to e-mail it to you. :smile: