Penny for your thoughts...

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Sorry for this random thread. I just want to have the opportunity to show my work to folks other than biased peers and get peoples opinions. Here are a couple of illustrations I did a couple of years ago for a book that was never published. There were around 18 done in total but I never got the chance to give them a final polish as the project was canned before I finished.

Don't worry forks, I'll be adding more Muppet-themed illustrations soon!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/2628675008/

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So um... Are these in anyway Muppet-related?

Reevz1977

Reaction score
So um... Are these in anyway Muppet-related?
SORRY Count, they will be, just wanna kind of see what people think, there is gonna be some muppet ones added.

The best I can do to say they are Muppet related is that I learnt how to draw but sketching the Muppets, hows that?

Not convinced?

Okay, I didn't want to show anybody here this, as it was done YEARS ago, when I was learning how to use Photoshop. This was done to try and show off my illustration technique. Now I know the characters aren't 100% there (I'll settle for 58% ish) and it really is a poor example of what I do but you wanted Muppets...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/2628789876/

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... The reason I asked is because, maybe this would be better served being moved to the General Discussions section, and then when you have your Muppets post a new separate thread. But that said, since you are intending to put up your new Muppet and own character art here, I think this thread serving as a home for all your art (both Muppet and non-Muppet) might be best.
Hope that helps explain a bit better. Thanks for sharing.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The Muppet one is actually pretty cool. I like the half-done feel of it. The pose Kermit strikes, with his arms up and half-stretched out, makes the coloring appear to be spreading from Kermit to those closest to him to the supporting characters. It's like his Dream is spreading visually.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
The Muppet one is actually pretty cool. I like the half-done feel of it. The pose Kermit strikes, with his arms up and half-stretched out, makes the coloring appear to be spreading from Kermit to those closest to him to the supporting characters. It's like his Dream is spreading visually.
Thanks RedPiggy, I never thought of it like that:smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I like them very much, I don't think your muppets look sloppy at all :smile: