1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

People who inspire me!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kuriboh Man, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

Through out the years there has been countless people who have real creative talent most of which are really worth remembering! but the only few I can think that really inspireme to pursue my goals are both Jim Henson and Sheena Easton!
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

On the puppet front:
    Jim Henson
    Shari Lewis
    Sid & Marty Krofft

As far as cartooning, and drawing art is concerned:
    David Feiss
    John R. Dilworth
    Danny Antonucci
    Joe Murray
  3. MrBabySpencer

MrBabySpencer Active Member

On The Puppet Front:
    Jim Henson
    Sid & Marty Krofft

Animators That Inspire Me:
    Walt Disney
    Don Bluth
    Art Clokey
    Jim Jinkins
  4. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Jim Henson, Jerry Nelson, Dav Pilkey
  5. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

--------------
    Hector Berlioz, Ambrose Bierce, China Mieville, Brian Williams, Sam Neill. For various reasons. I find anyone who has the strength to keep chasing a dream despite the odds and the general stupidity of the unappreciative masses inspiring, and this would naturally include ALL of the Muppeteers.

-------------
  6. ProboSowa

ProboSowa Member

Aside from Muppeteers, who are a given for anyone on here, the first one to come to my mind is John Muir for being someone that respected and helped preserve the environment for the future to admire.
  7. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Jim Henson
    Jerry Nelson

Steve Jobs
    Richard Feynman
    Albert Einstein
  8. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

Jim Henson was my most biggest inspiration. Other people who have inspired me to create my cartoons are....

Richard Mueller who wrote for cartoons like Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Darkstalkers, and The Real Ghostbusters.

Scott Shaw! who did storyboards for Hanna-Barbera cartoons as well as DC comics.

Tom Ruegger who wrote and helped create Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, and Animalia.

Sid and Marty Krofft for their fantasy filled Saturday morning puppet shows.

Voice actor Rob Paulsen who voiced neat characters like Yakko, Pinky, and many others.

John and Faith Hubley who animated stuff for Sesame Street and the Electric Company like Letterman.

And William Hanna and Joe Barbera who created wonderful characters like Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Scooby Doo, and The Flintstones.

I wouldnt've created my webcomics without inspiration from all these talented people.
  9. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

Entertainment:
    Jim Henson-singing and dancing and being one of many lovers and dreamers
    John Denver-Music and nature
    Jerome Robbins-Dance

Animals:
    Steve Irwin a.k.a. The Crocodile Hunter
    Chris and Martin Kratt from Kratts Creatures and Zaboomafoo (featuring Gord Robertson)
  10. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

People who inspired me?

John Denver - his music and nature of his songs
    Jim Henson - singing, danicing, and sometimes going through a life you'll never forget
    Jerry Nelson - hos songong, his characters always brighten up my day

That's all I can think of.
  11. Kuriboh Man

as of recent I want to add Weird Al Yankovic, Don Sahlin, Carrie Underwood, and Stephanie D'Abruzzo to my List.
  12. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

Dr. Seuss- his imagination and creativity
    Voice actors i.e. Rob Paulsen, Tara Strong, Billy West and others- just by being themselves
  13. Kuriboh Man

That's basically why people like that inspire me! cause they enjoy doing what they do and they just be themselves!
  14. Eyeball

Eyeball Active Member

rik mayall
    david tennant
    matt smith
    matthew perry

because these guys are awesome and just inspire me to seize the day and to never give up.
  15. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Jim Henson is my biggest inspiration, but I will add a couple more:

Frank Oz, because he's been working for about 50 years, and that's been a true gift.
    Jerry Nelson, because his singing is awesome.
    Dav Pilkey, because his books are so silly, and he has inspired me in my fan fiction.
    Dave Goelz, because he performs one of my favorite characters, Gonzo.
    Richard Hunt, because he seemed like he was always very joyful and happy.
    Moe Howard, because he gets to slap people. His job must've been fun.
    Larry Fine, because even though he cried a lot, he would always get his work done.
    Curly Howard, because he is so funny.
    Shemp Howard, because he is my favorite Three Stooge.
    Stan Laurel, because he is just so amazing, and he barely even speaks.
    Oliver Hardy, because he contributed to Stan Laurel, so that means he is awesome.
    Bud Abbott, because he plays a GREAT straight man.
    Lou Costello, because he just wanted to make people laugh, like the rest of ^^^^^^.
    Dr. Seuss, because his doodles could be really funny.
    Walt Disney, because I love his animation!!!