People You Wish Were Guests on the Street

BigBirdABCDEFGH

Reaction score
Hi,

While we all know that Sesame Street had had quite an impressive list of guests throughout its 40 years on the air, let's stop and take a look at who you believe could have guested on the 'Street.

My hot sheet for SS guests:
*Carrie Fisher (she could've been a potential guest; her two Star Wars droids stars, C3P0 and R2-D2, were already guests on a 1979 episode of SS)
*Caroll Spinney's children
*John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd (as The Blues Brothers)
*Carrie Hamilton (the late daughter of Carol Burnett and Joe Hamilton)
*Carrie Snodgress
*Mel Blanc
*Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera
*Frank Welker

Who would you have liked to see on the 'Street?

~Ben (BigBirdABCDEFGH)

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
*Mel Blanc
Words can't describe how amazing that would be.

I wouldn't mind if Jerry Seinfeld made a guest spot on the Street. Weird Al Yankovic would be hilarious, I could totally picture him annoying the heck out of Oscar. I also think Rocky & Bullwinkle could have been used in some animated inserts.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I second Carrie Hamilton - i really thought the world of her and miss her. Carol's early SS appearances really remind me of her (especially when she talks about noses)

Julie Brown
Annie Lennox (still holding out hope that one of these days she puts in an appearance singing about the wonderfullness of the letter Y)
Rachel Maddow (could see her being one of the celebs in the word of the day segment)
Robin Strasser (especially if she did something with Oscar)
Marcia Cross

mr3urious

Reaction score
I would have liked to see Jimmy Durante in a sketch with Herry.

ErnieandTelly

Reaction score
I was thinking about Ross Badgasarian and Janice Karman was doing the voices of the chipmunks, so I will use them as an example

superboober

Reaction score
A sober Chris Farley would have been a special treat. Obviously he wouldn't have been able to come as Matt Foley, but he would have made it an enjoyable show nonetheless, although I can't quite think who he would have played best off of (Oscar perhaps? Or maybe Grover given their similar high energy levels?). :super:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I would have like to have seen Matthew Broderick, Mel Brooks, any of the professional dancers from "Dancing with the Stars", Tom Bergeron and Olivia Newton-John.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I would have like to have seen Matthew Broderick, Mel Brooks, any of the professional dancers from "Dancing with the Stars", Tom Bergeron and Olivia Newton-John.
I'm a big Olivia Newton-John fan so I'd love to see her on there. They should really get her for the upcoming seasons since they're focusing more on the enviornment these days and Olivia is a big supporter of that kind of work.

I'd like to see Tim Curry since he worked so well with the Muppets on Muppet Treasure Island.

BigBirdABCDEFGH

Reaction score
My (further) list of guests who should have appeared on the 'Street:

1992 to present:
*Carrie Prejean (former Miss California who'd lost her title this year to Tami Ferrell because of something I won't bring up here)
*Carroll Krieff (the woman who co-created her version of the Malibu Pilates "Wunda" Chair)
*Stacy Ferguson aka "Fergie" (of the Black Eyed Peas)
*Carrie Rodriguez (a Texas violinist/mandolinist)
*Carey J. Hart (motocross racer and husband of pop singer Alecia Moore aka Pink)
*Carrie Underwood (American Idol season 4 winner and bona fide country music star)
*Alicia Silverstone (she appeared in three of Aerosmith's promotional music videos for songs off of their 1993 album Get a Grip)

1969 to 1992:
*Carroll O'Connor (1924-2001; the guy who played Archie Bunker on All in the Family and Det. Bill Gillespie on the 1988-95 TV adaptation of the 1967 movie In the Heat of the Night)
*Carroll Shelby (a legendary race car driver who had a long-standing relationship with Lee Iacocca, who was president of Ford in the 1960s-early 1970s and of Chrysler in the early 1980s)
*Cass Pennant (a British football player, who changed his first name from Carol after witnessing one Cassius H. Clay, now Muhammad Ali, winning a boxing match)
*Aerosmith
*Supertramp (British/American prog-rock group best known for the 1979 song "The Logical Song" and its parent LP Breakfast in America)
*Neil Sedaka
*Carole King
*Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg (the lone child, as of 1999, of John F. Kennedy Sr. and Jacqueline Bouvier)
*John F. Kennedy, Jr. (1960-99; was the only surviving son of JFK Sr. and Jackie)
*Cary Grant (a British/American movie star, whose name at birth was Archibald Leach)

~Ben