1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

People You Wish Were Guests on the Street

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by BigBirdABCDEFGH, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Hi,

While we all know that Sesame Street had had quite an impressive list of guests throughout its 40 years on the air, let's stop and take a look at who you believe could have guested on the 'Street.

My hot sheet for SS guests:
    *Carrie Fisher (she could've been a potential guest; her two Star Wars droids stars, C3P0 and R2-D2, were already guests on a 1979 episode of SS)
    *Caroll Spinney's children
    *John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd (as The Blues Brothers)
    *Carrie Hamilton (the late daughter of Carol Burnett and Joe Hamilton)
    *Carrie Snodgress
    *Mel Blanc
    *Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera
    *Frank Welker

Who would you have liked to see on the 'Street?

~Ben (BigBirdABCDEFGH)
  2. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Words can't describe how amazing that would be.

I wouldn't mind if Jerry Seinfeld made a guest spot on the Street. Weird Al Yankovic would be hilarious, I could totally picture him annoying the heck out of Oscar. I also think Rocky & Bullwinkle could have been used in some animated inserts.
  3. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I second Carrie Hamilton - i really thought the world of her and miss her. Carol's early SS appearances really remind me of her (especially when she talks about noses)

Julie Brown
    Annie Lennox (still holding out hope that one of these days she puts in an appearance singing about the wonderfullness of the letter Y)
    Rachel Maddow (could see her being one of the celebs in the word of the day segment)
    Robin Strasser (especially if she did something with Oscar)
    Marcia Cross
  4. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I would have liked to see Jimmy Durante in a sketch with Herry.
  5. ErnieandTelly

ErnieandTelly New Member

I was thinking about Ross Badgasarian and Janice Karman was doing the voices of the chipmunks, so I will use them as an example
  6. superboober

superboober Member

A sober Chris Farley would have been a special treat. Obviously he wouldn't have been able to come as Matt Foley, but he would have made it an enjoyable show nonetheless, although I can't quite think who he would have played best off of (Oscar perhaps? Or maybe Grover given their similar high energy levels?). :super:
  7. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I would have like to have seen Matthew Broderick, Mel Brooks, any of the professional dancers from "Dancing with the Stars", Tom Bergeron and Olivia Newton-John.
  8. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I'm a big Olivia Newton-John fan so I'd love to see her on there. They should really get her for the upcoming seasons since they're focusing more on the enviornment these days and Olivia is a big supporter of that kind of work.

I'd like to see Tim Curry since he worked so well with the Muppets on Muppet Treasure Island.
  9. My (further) list of guests who should have appeared on the 'Street:

1992 to present:
    *Carrie Prejean (former Miss California who'd lost her title this year to Tami Ferrell because of something I won't bring up here)
    *Carroll Krieff (the woman who co-created her version of the Malibu Pilates "Wunda" Chair)
    *Stacy Ferguson aka "Fergie" (of the Black Eyed Peas)
    *Carrie Rodriguez (a Texas violinist/mandolinist)
    *Carey J. Hart (motocross racer and husband of pop singer Alecia Moore aka Pink)
    *Carrie Underwood (American Idol season 4 winner and bona fide country music star)
    *Alicia Silverstone (she appeared in three of Aerosmith's promotional music videos for songs off of their 1993 album Get a Grip)

1969 to 1992:
    *Carroll O'Connor (1924-2001; the guy who played Archie Bunker on All in the Family and Det. Bill Gillespie on the 1988-95 TV adaptation of the 1967 movie In the Heat of the Night)
    *Carroll Shelby (a legendary race car driver who had a long-standing relationship with Lee Iacocca, who was president of Ford in the 1960s-early 1970s and of Chrysler in the early 1980s)
    *Cass Pennant (a British football player, who changed his first name from Carol after witnessing one Cassius H. Clay, now Muhammad Ali, winning a boxing match)
    *Aerosmith
    *Supertramp (British/American prog-rock group best known for the 1979 song "The Logical Song" and its parent LP Breakfast in America)
    *Neil Sedaka
    *Carole King
    *Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg (the lone child, as of 1999, of John F. Kennedy Sr. and Jacqueline Bouvier)
    *John F. Kennedy, Jr. (1960-99; was the only surviving son of JFK Sr. and Jackie)
    *Cary Grant (a British/American movie star, whose name at birth was Archibald Leach)

~Ben
  10. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

i thrid mel blanc:)
  11. Son of Enik

Son of Enik Member

I may get lynched for this...but I would have loved to have seen the Village People make an appearance. They're zany and purely visual antics would have been great...and the episode could have been sponsored by the letters Y-M-C-A! Just my opinion, but you know I also would have liked to seen Hulk Hogan in the 80's...he was the ultimate American hero then.
  12. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I think that would have been great actually!
  13. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Here's a list of celebs i wouldn't mind seeing on the street.

Mike Judge (Doing his Anderson voice or something like that)
    Tom Hanks (I don't remember if he's been on there or not)
    Mel Blanc (Love to see him doing all his voices with some of the monsters characters)
    Walt Disney (This would have been cool but being if he had been still around that time)
    Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie Bear, Scooter, Pepe, Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem Band and other Muppet Show characters (But this won't ever happen but i can dream can't i)
    Steve Martin (Doing his Excuse Me guy. I know he's worked with the Muppet Show characters but why not the Sesame Street ones too)
    Chevy Chase (Can't remember if he's been on there too but would be cool to see him interact with any of the SS charcaters)
  14. CC did appear in the 1985 SS film Follow That Bird as a newscaster. He at first mispronounced "Sesame" but was eventually corrected.
  15. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

16. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

the fraggle rock cast

me(LOL)
  17. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

I don't think there's anyone on these boards who wouldn't want to be on SS. :super::insatiable::)
  18. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

yea so true....:halo:
  19. Some more for my post-1992 hot sheet:
    *Mike Myers and Dana Carvey
    *Tom Cruise
    *Gwyneth Paltrow
    *Kevin Spacey
    *Danny DeVito
    *Danielle Broussard
    *Kathleen Madigan
    *Will Ferrell
    *Amy Poehler
    *Rachel Dratch
    *Diane Birch
    *Ingrid Michaelson
    *Sara Bareilles
    *Adele

For my 1969-92 hot sheet:
    *Steven Spielberg (before his hair turned gray; remember him at age 33, as the Cook County tax assessor in The Blues Brothers?)
    *Cary Grant
    *Muddy Waters
    *The Rolling Stones
    *Alex Trebek
    *The Go-Go's f/ Belinda Carlisle
    *The Beatles (until John Lennon was shot dead on 12/8/80)
    *The Doors (until Jim Morrison drowned on 7/3/71)
    *Eric Clapton
    *Kathy Garver
    *Cathy Rigby
    *Anissa Jones (she died in 1976)

~Ben
  20. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Hmm- there's a number of folks I wouldn't mind seeing on Sesame Street...
    Would've been cool to see C.S. Lewis for one- but he died back on November 22, 1963 (same day as Aldous Huxley and John F. Kennedy, incidentally)
    [Though it'd still be neat to see a sketch inspired by The Chronicles of Narnia sometime... maybe a takeoff from "The Horse and his Boy" and do a cowboy-style sketch with Forgetful Jones and Buster the horse.]

J.R.R. Tolkien (died in 1973, so he could've been on there in a "Lord of the Rings" sketch of some sort. Perhaps one dealing with friendship and helping each other- with Bert and Ernie as Samwise and Frodo.:(:p)

Christopher Reeve (he was on The Muppet Show- why not do a Sesame Street appearance as Superman? That would've rocked!)

And while I've got a DC character there, gotta have a Marvel character too.
    And I would've loved to have seen Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno there in character as The Incredible Hulk.
    [I can see the dialogue here. David Banner: "Oscar, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." *turns into The Hulk and starts roaring and thrashing around*
    Oscar: "Are you kidding? I love this guy!"
    Hulk: "Hulk mad! Hulk angry! Hulk smash!"
    *Cookie Monster strolling by, munching on cookies*
    Cookie: "Dum de dum"
    Hulk: "Hulk want cookie!"
    Hulk chasing Cookie...

I would also have loved to have seen Petra on there performing "God Gave Rock and Roll to You"

And it'd be great to see Relient K performing "Sadie Hawkins Dance" or something.:)