Pepe shouldnt be included in the 25th celebration? BAH!

beaker

Reaction score
Yes, this is a merchandise related thread as it applies to the argument of Pepe not being in 2003 Palisades waves.

Click here:

http://www.action-performance.com/Muppets/images/banner.jpg

Ok, well judging from that Nascar press clip, this banner, Pepe's own car, etc its quite clear Pepe, JHC wants Pepe rightfully included in the Muppet celebbration.

I think we need another poll about wave six:wink: ...

Foreignman

Reaction score
Aiy Aiy Aiy Aiy Aiy... If this is going to be 25 years of the Muppets (which it certainly isn't, we've nearly had the Muppets for 50 years) then I understand everyone's favorite king prawn being included in the festivities, but it isn't. This is the 25th aniversary of "The Muppet Show" a television program on in the late 70's and early 80's, Pepe was not on this show. Now, I still want Pepe as a figure, but let's wait till the 25th aniversary of the Muppet Show is over and do it in 2003, when we're just celebrating the Muppets in general. That's my two cents...

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
I could live with waiting until 2003 for a Pepe- as long as we DO get one. That's an excellent compromise, foreignman!

OH- and just to avoid the topic before it starts, make Pepe the same size as Rizzo (whatever size THAT will be)!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think some of you guys have missed the point of this Pepe figure. He would come out in 2003. This year is already locked down. By the time he could fit into a series (6-7) - as has been stated many times- it would be fall 2003 and the aniversary will be over.

Pepe for 2003! (okay)

Luke

Reaction score
Yep, but it would have to also mean that Palisades changed the 25th branding and extended the line to 'Muppets' - then Pepe in 2003 would be cool for me too.

The Muppets anniversary year seems to have overlapped the word 'year' just a bit - we've seen stuff trickle out since late 2001, so i'm figuring we won't have forgotten it in early to mid 2003.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I think Ken has said the packaging will change when the anniversary year is over. Maybe he said the packaging would be changed by the time a Pepe came out. I'm not sure of the details-- but I think he's made it clear Palisades would not put Pepe in TMS 25th anniversary packaging.

If we get Pepe in series 6 or 7, then we could get exclusive Pepe in tutu....

matleo

Reaction score
Yeah, if I were incharge, I'd hold Pepe unril the lin needed a little extrag as and then put him in. As well as Johnny, Sal, Clifford, Bobo, and Dr. Phil (not in that order). right now I think the line has enough gas to get to end of '03. I'd put pepe in 8. Ken has said there are decisions for 6&7 which are "no-brainers" and while, if you asked him he wouldn't admit to them being final (which I can understand), I think we all know what they are. I was going to post something about this in the 'most obscure figure you'd like " thead but I haven't figured out how the say what I want to say yet. It's not that I don't want pepe but I think he would be best amongst his own kind. Does that make sense?

--Matt

Luke

Reaction score
Well needless to say, I will respond positively to absolutely ANYTHING that involves us getting Pepe in a Tutu. So basically just bring it on !

I don't even care about the packaging so long as he is wearing the Pink Tutu, i don't ask for much - i'll even pose in a Pepe mask and a tutu for the likeness scan if they want.

beaker

Reaction score
I dont like the idea of Pepe past series 7, as that means we'd have to wait for another year after this. NO WAY! I believe we need a Pepe bu Summer 2003 no matter what.

You know, they came out with a Jango Fett and Zam Wessel in the Star Wars Hasbro line, with a sticker that said 'Episode Two preview'. I find it imperative we finally see a Pepe figure by next Summer in 2003. Whether if this is an exclusive, non series specific(like the TMS stage) etc.

A seires 8? Who knows when that would come out. My vote is for series 6, or a non specific exclusive by next Summer.

We already have to wait til next Summer for Camilla(who oddly enuff wont be coming with Gonzo in series 2)