Pepe's Finest Moments

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm trying to get a list of some of Pepe's finest moments. Can you help me come up with great lines/scenes/songs, etc.? One personal favorite is from the beginning of Muppets From Space, where the breakfast menu has slightly changed. "We will now be serving bologna sandwiches......no bread". :rolleyes:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Almost anything that he says in Wizard of Oz if funny. "And they have cable's!" about the tiny houses, for example. "And I am naked, h'okay!"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's the joke he and Seymour told about crossing an elephant with a rhino. And the time he acted a sJason Alexander's good concience opposite Seymour as the bad concience. And Pepe in a tutu from Muppets From Space (though that might be too visual for the podcast). And in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, there's his comment on whether a model of a nightclub comes with action figures.

One of his few songs was Flashlight (Spaceflight), which he sang with a singer (I forget who) during the end credits of Muppets From Space (as well as on the soundtrack album). It's not his best, but it's one of his few songs (besides the Seymour and Pepe song and variations).

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
How about his own jokes from the Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie from 2002.

"What are Santa's three favorite gardening tools? Hoe, hoe, and hoe!"

That always makes me smile.

dwmckim

Reaction score
If we're talking classic Pepe lines that helped propel the character to stardom - then the two biggies from MFS were "I am not a shrimp - I am a King Prawn" (which he's said several times but that was the debut) and "Ju tell him and I will spank ju - I WILL SPANK JU LIKE A BAD BAD DONKEY OKAY"

As for funniest. my personal favesL from VMX: "I likes my womens like I like my coffees - A LOTTE!" and from MT!: "I like Life - it's a good cereal okay?" (so good it was recycled in Pepe's book!)

And the all time classic Long John Silver's "Audition Reel" - hilarious throughout - but the two lines that had me rolling were (in Italian disguise): "I am Pe...(catches himself) ...paroni! Peppe Roni!" and "HUSHPUPPIES? That's like a quiet hot dog, okay?"

...and though very recent, i'd already call the muppets.com Topo Sticky bits classic. Esp "MMM...you still taste like the fudgecycles"

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think Pepe singing opera in Letters to Santa was probably the weirdest thing I've ever seen him do, but also ridiculously funny.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
One of the funnist lines I think is when he looks at Bonnie Hunt's boobs and says:"Let me just touch one." LOL!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
My all-time favorite Pepe line came from MWoO, "Si, and I'm so gosh darn sexy it hurts!" Also in VERY close running is, "Oh, de womens... OHHHH, de razor blades!" And the Pepe Profiles he did on the new DVDs are hysterical... and "The Muppets on Muppets" interviews on TMS Season 2. I just have so many favorite Pepe moments... Any and all of them are good ones.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
How about that one scene from MFS where Pepe goes into a door, and later appears as a ballerina! Now THAT was hilarious! He even acted like one!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I love anytime that he just says, "Wha?" as if he's acting in a perfectly normal way and everyone else is crazy. "I have some loose jello, hokay!"