1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Peppermint... STINKIN...Park. Terrible Kid's show

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drtooth, May 1, 2012.

1. Ranky64

Ranky64 New Member

And I haven't even read about Televidics yet... (literally, there is no information about it online whatsoever).

Apparently they had another kids show that was about how farmers make meat (seriously why?) but that's all we know of them.

I'm thinking of someday visiting a few places in Northridge, California:
    • A library or bargain bin. They might have some evidence of Peppermint Park or Meat Farmers.
    • 19770 Bahama Street if it's abandoned (I heard somewhere that it is now a Hertz Rental Service).
    • The Peppermint Park Clubhouse. They didn't film at 19770 Bahama Street but rather an old building in the forest. I know because I watched the tape.
    • Also I want to visit the zoo they filmed at, mainly because the workers might have knowledge of Genova.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. lmag42

lmag42 Active Member

I looked up 19770 Bahama Street on Google Maps, and the building with that address seems to belong to DNF Controls, whom Google refers to as a television station. That's a bit interesting. It might be connected.

3. Ranky64

Ranky64 New Member

Maybe Peppermint Park was a television series on this "DNF Controls" thing.

4. lmag42

lmag42 Active Member

Possibly. But, I just looked up DNF Controls, and they aren't a TV production studio. They provide some sort of service to them.

5. Ranky64

Ranky64 New Member

I heard somewhere from a guy that had all the tapes that the characters in Peppermint Park had another show about Christianity, and that in one episode a character called Mack (which was actually just Ernie's puppet with a different voice) face the God's Judgement and is sent to "The Underworld".

It could always be a troll, but he sounded serious.

6. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

UUGGHH! The ''M'' song got stuck in my head and now I know every line in the video. Why do I do these things...

...for Southern Bread (rim shot)

7. WereFox

WereFox Active Member

Looks like Kermit and Miss Piggy had a child!

8. WereFox

WereFox Active Member

Check out this ugly scarecrow

See what I mean???

9. WereFox

WereFox Active Member

I'll save you!

10. WereFox

WereFox Active Member

YAAAAAAAHHH! That lady at the beginning was so creepy! It was like she was talking to me! I can't bear to watch the whole thing! She pointed at me, like she was gonna stalk me or something. (Runs into corner to hide). Yaaaaaah!

11. WereFox

WereFox Active Member

Yeah! Yeesh is right!

12. FraggleFrick

FraggleFrick Active Member

Hey, Chadtronic did a reaction to Peppermint Park!

Zappetman and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  13. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

So he complains about how disproportionate Maynard is for having too small a head on too large a body, but he doesn't even review the clip with the little girl who looks like she's got the body of a male body builder?

MikaelaMuppet and Zappetman like this.
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

They all look wrong, though...

ehhhh...

I hate to say that I think the Dinosaur guys who were futzing around with time and space to make more show look pretty good. Like almost as good as that Bat puppet from that Japanese video game tips video in another thread, just as criminally misused.

15. Drtooth

You know what? I've came to a strange conclusion as far as this show goes. You see, I was watching some Spitting Image recently, and I came to realize that the same sort of puppetry to make human-like caricatures of celebrities is what the designers were going for.

And failing at.

Much as a show like The Letter People or New Zoo Revue tries for the Sesame Street look but doesn't pull it off because of a lower budget, PP tries for a Spitting Image, rubber face look, right down to the realistic moving eyeballs. Only, you know...crap. SI has its own brand of uncanny valley for looking like political cartoons in live action where as PP has uncanny valley for just ugly crap puppets.

Don't see why they went with that look, still.

16. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I still don't think they had grotesque caricatures in mind when designing those ugly puppets. Are they supposed to represent politicians or something?

17. Drtooth

I was referring to a similar technique of rubber puppets with big rubber hands and moving eyes. I doubt they're supposed to be caricatures, but rather just based off just generic drawings (which are probably also ugly as crap).

Still... as someone that made a YTP off of these things, I had to watch clips multiple times. I used the clip of Little Bit (what kind of name is that, anyway) talking to a children's clubhouse... full of long nosed elderly men looking puppets.

18. WereFox

WereFox Active Member

Yeah, you could write your own show, I'd watch it! What would the title be?

19. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

More quality has been released!

mr3urious and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  20. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

What an amazingly awful find! I don't know if I should thank the uploader or call him an A-hole (get it?)! :D

I gotta admit, the alligator song sure beats the pants off the one about Ernie and the letter M, as the lyrics have some amount of thought put into them and the gator puppet is kinda cute-looking. The seatbelt song, on the other hand, is pretty creepy and morbid not because of the singer's voice, but we never hear of the animals' fate after their accidents. :eek: There's also the drum factory, which isn't as cool as seeing something like saxophones or

Hopefully the other volumes will get uploaded, including the M one. We must archive them all as a lesson for future on how not to rip off Sesame Street!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    MikaelaMuppet and Blue Frackle like this.