Pet Peeves

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I was reading somewhere that some guys were playing football / soccer, and suddenly everything degenerated into madness and chases flew as hands were used and tackling and stuff happened. And that's how American football began.

But don't quote me on that. :stick_out_tongue:
I'd love for that to be true.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
People not reading. I don't even mean fiction, though of course nonreaders are doomed to mundanity...I mean, in a professional context. At my job, I encounter examples daily of some stupid error which could easily have been prevented by simply reading more closely. Yeah, I've said it before, and I'll keep yelling it!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Society, in general, has a very anti-book mentality anymore. Heck, I remember Kayne Pest hates books so much that when he wrote his autobiography and had it published, it was only 52 pages long - an egomaniac like him, you'd think his autobiography would be a never-ending story. :stick_out_tongue:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It is really sad that people seem to be reading a lot less these days. I guess the world has just become too distracting for some to be able to pick up a good book every so often.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Society, in general, has a very anti-book mentality anymore. Heck, I remember Kayne Pest hates books so much that when he wrote his autobiography and had it published, it was only 52 pages long - an egomaniac like him, you'd think his autobiography would be a never-ending story. :stick_out_tongue:
There was a thread about this many years ago.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/kanye-west-proud-non-reader.38247/

And Drtooth talks about how he hated reading back in school because he was forced to do boring assignments on books that didn't speak to him, yet enjoyed reading when he read stuff that interested him at his own pace. I admit to being the same way, especially once I got to the higher grades.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm kind of the same way, TBH. I find that the books I tend to read the most are biographies about people I admire: I finished Tom Bergeron's autobiography in like a week, and the Jim Henson biography Brian Jay Jones wrote in like a month and a half.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
*singing badly* Never-ending BOOOORRRRRIIIING...

(sorry, had to be done)

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Laundry (and putting my clothes away)
Laundry doesn't bother me too much, but my back gets sore after sweeping for a while, which is why I'm seriously considering investing in one of those elephant brooms - that way, I don't have to make so much sweeping motions with my body in a sideways position.
I'm not too big on laundry honestly, but hey, at least you can clean the lint sieve, which for some reason I love doing. :stick_out_tongue:
I just like watching the laundry spin and rinse.
I find it very rude that you're all talking about me as if i'm not here! :wink: