1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by peyjenk, May 17, 2007.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

On that token, I've mentioned this before, but as a small YouTuber with a small channel that's been struggling for years, it really irks me that these big YouTubers with huge partner channels and such can keep begging for more views, likes, and subscribers in all of their videos ("PLZ! HELP ME REACH 1,000,000!!!1!!111 I DON'T HAVE ENUF!!! I NEEDZ MOAR111!"), and people comply . . . but for YouTubers like me, you so much as say, "please subscribe, if you'd like," then you're attacked for "shamelessly and desperately crying for attention." Oh, and sometimes, they offer up suggestions, like, "nobody watches your videos, cuz you obviously suck!"

2. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

You know what a big pet peeve of mine is?

Those freakin' TikTok ads!!! They are EVERYWHERE!!!! On YouTube, on a lot of the apps I use... you just can't escape from them!

They really, really want you to join TikTok, but it does not intrest me in the slightest, which is part of why I find the ads so annoying.

3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I get that a lot as well.

4. D'Snowth

Get adblockers.

5. ConsummateVs

I do have adblockers - on my laptop. You can't get rid of ads on mobile YouTube.

6. MikaelaMuppet

You can if you have Safari, but YouTube Red is required if you don't want to see ads on the app.

7. ConsummateVs

Yeah, but I believe Safari is iOS only, and I'm an Android user.
    Ah. I can't afford YouTube Red, though.

8. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

@ConsummateVs I’m pretty sure there’s Adblock for Android if you do some digging around.

9. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

Being rushed.

10. D'Snowth

When websites -like medical sites and such- have a live chat feature that's automatically activated as soon as you open the site, prompting you to chat with whoever representative happens to be online at that given moment.

11. LittleJerry92

Oof, yeah, I hate that myself.

12. MikaelaMuppet

When my laptop freezes out of nowhere. This happened to me yesterday and last week as well.

13. LittleJerry92

When people hold grudges against you over something silly.

And you know what’s even more frustrating? When you go out of your way to apologize and make up for it to show you learned from your mistake, but they still feel self-entitled over it and refuse to give you another chance.

If it’s happened multiple times then that’s totally understandable. But one instance is where it really hurts you when you aren’t given a second chance.

Any Del likes this.
  14. D'Snowth

Well, I mean, I know I made a tasteless and uncalled for comment years ago on something Ryan/Prawnie posted on Facebook, and he immediately unfriended and blocked me because of it. It was totally something stupid on my part, and was something I did without thinking about it first because of a personal problem that had me bitter and angry. I immediately made attempts to reach out to him, explain what happened, and apologize for what I said, but he never acknowledge those attempts, nor has he ever contacted me again since then.

And what hurts is because it's totally my fault, and I tried to fix it, but apparently it's beyond repair . . . I mean, we were really good friends way back when, and he was one of the reasons why MC was such a thriving community back in the day. I hate to think all those years of friendship can't be mended.

Froggy Fool and Any Del like this.
  15. Any Del

@LittleJerry92 @D'Snowth I know that feeling. It happened to me multiple times and it's one of the reasons I've been feeling down.

16. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

as someone who stops talking to people for petty reasons, it's because i've been burned time after time for giving people second chances. I've gotten to the point where i just...don't trust people...even close friends have betrayed me and I guess it's just turned me into a bitter old lady who's very fast to cut people off out of fear of constantly being hurt

just giving some perspective on why some people are like that

17. Any Del

@Sgt Floyd Exactly all this! Those scars haunt you for life. That's why I remained introvert and people wonder why I'm so quiet.

18. D'Snowth

I'm all for giving people a second chance, but if I see they're not going to change, and they remain toxic, then yes, I'll cut ties with them. But, I mean, some people can change . . . if they really want to.

ConsummateVs and LittleJerry92 like this.
  19. LittleJerry92

Yeah, I mean, if I can tell they're really trying to fix their mistakes and come say it to me sincerely, I'll give them another chance. But if they blow it a second time then that's where I've just had enough.

Trust me, I have pretty bad trust issues myself, but I'm also someone who's willing to start over if I really know they learned their lesson.

20. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

some people can but sadly i keep attracting those who prove time and time again they're just plain awful people so im at the point where i just...barely trust anyone anymore :/