Pet Peeves

Muppy

Reaction score
Yes, I do. It's how I familiarize myself with the people who worked on these things so that I can recognize their work elsewhere when I see it. Not to mention these people work very hard to help put these things together, and deserve to have some recognition for their contributions.

FOZZIE: Nobody reads those names anyway, do they?
KERMIT: Sure, they've all got families.
But there are other places to get the credits such as IMDB, etc. I get what you're saying but from the TV station stand point, I'm guessing they'd rather make money from commercials than leave the credits in that only a few people end up watching.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Still though, there's probably more people that watch the credits on TV than there are that look at the crew on IMDB. Plus, most people just look at IMDB for the actors not the crew members. And I see what you mean about the commercials but it just seems wrong and it totally defeats the purpose of the credits being there in the first place.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I hate this thing that Nickelodeon does, putting the credits during the final minute and a half of the show like an NBC sitcom, superimposing them on screen. Not only does this make the credits hard to read, but it also ruins the dramatic tension in an action cartoon like TMNT.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That in and of itself leads me to bring up another pet peeve: when you have on-screen advertising taking up an entire third of the screen, thus blocking your view of some of the action happening on the show - particular is something important is in that bottom third of the screen and you can't see it because it's being blocked by a big graphic telling you such-and-such show will be coming on this date and playing at this time, blah-blah-blah.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even though I like playing cards, I really don't like plastic playing cards. I give them one thing, one advantage they have over paper cards is that they're more durable and you don't have to worry about them getting wet or anything . . . but overall, in comparison to paper cards, I just don't like the feel and handle of plastic cards (not to mention they smell awful when you open them).

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
In the immortal words of Peter Griffin "You know what really grinds my gears"

-When people spell more as moar to sound cool on the Internet.
-Road signs that have misspelled words on them.
-Leet speak (pwn3d, n00b, etc. etc.)
-When people post YouTube comments and know absolutely nothing about what they're even talking about.
-Videos of little kids, old people, or animals getting hurt for comedy (I don't find that funny).
-Bullying.
-The trend in YouTube Poop where somebody turns the volume up EXTREMELY loud for comedic effect (it gives me a headache).
-The neighbor's chihuahuas barking at night when I'm trying to sleep.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
-When people spell more as moar to sound cool on the Internet.
I notice a lot of people spell "definitely" as "defiantly," which are two completely different words.
-The trend in YouTube Poop where somebody turns the volume up EXTREMELY loud for comedic effect (it gives me a headache).
I've done that approximately once in an old YTP I did several years ago.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I hate when I check out a book from the library but I have to return it before the due date because someone else requested it.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I now have to reboot my iPod Touch every single time now after I update apps because the memory goes down.